Sign in to follow this  
mistermartijnm

Home-made attachments!

Hello survivors,

My idea for DayZ is (improvised) attachments for weapons.

You can do so much cool stuff to guns with just duct tape, and it will be a nice feature for the survival aspect.

Here are my ideas so far:

Improvised attachments:

[NAME - IMPROVEMENTS - RECRUIREMENTS - DURABILITY - WHICH WEAPON]

Silencer - +50% less sound | -10% range - Duct tape - 25 shots - (All weapons)

Flashlight - light | heavier, -3% aim and +5% recoil - Duct tape | Flashlight - Batteries -(rifles + pistols)

Bayonet - Melee w/ gun | heavier, -5% aim and +15% recoil - Duct tape | Hunting knife - / - (rifles)

Tactical knife - Melee w/ gun | Holding knife with left hand and gun with right hand, -10% aim - / - hunting knife - (pistols)

Tactical flaslight - light | Holding flaslight with left hand and gun with right hand, -10% aim - Batteries - flashlight - (pistols)

Laser lamp - Increases accuracy - Batteries - Laserlamp | duct tape - (all guns)

Grip - Increases accuracy - Cloth/Rubber | Glue - 75 shots - All weapons

Military attachments (extremely rare)

(not to much, or it will be OP)

[NAME - IMPROVEMENTS - SPAWN - WHICH WEAPON]

Red dot - Increases accuracy - Military camps - (all weapons)

do you have an idea? post it!

Edited by Mistermartijn
  • Like 1

This game isn't based on statistics. It's sandbox, Rocket's not going to implement a bunch of positives and negatives to make the game all screwed up.

• Like 2

This game isn't based on statistics. It's sandbox, Rocket's not going to implement a bunch of positives and negatives to make the game all screwed up.

It isnt screwing anything up, it is just making weapons stronger.

Edited by Mistermartijn

To be honest i can see where you are coming from but it's just more shit when the games got a ton already. Focus should be turned away from items an onto the map an structures.

To be honest i can see where you are coming from but it's just more shit when the games got a ton already. Focus should be turned away from items an onto the map an structures.

No, this will make guns more interesting; if someone founds an AK, he isn't finished, he'll try to find some tape to add a silencer or a bayonet for silence kills, or maybe a laser lamp or red dot for less bullet waste.

Edited by Mistermartijn

No, this will make guns more interesting; if someone founds an AK, he isn't finished, he'll try to find some tape to add a silencer or a bayonet for silence kills, or maybe a laser lamp or red dot for less bullet waste.

I agree only up to the point where you can attach/detach a flashlight (tac-light) or optic to your different weapons (rifle or handgun specific). No fixing or building weapons.

Torch, sights/scope and maybe bayonet (unsure about the benefit of this considering you need to get up close with the infected and would get hit in the process, although could be god if you have no bullets).

Wrt silencer the loss in damage would outweighs the noise especially with the revised damage.

Wrt laser dot, there is already a cursor in the centre of the screen, and it is easier to look down the sights irl any way. I don't understand how laser dot would improve accuracy.

One does not simply duck tape a laser to a gun, and expect the laser to be zeroed in.

also this doesn't work like in l4d2 where you get the laser attachment and you magically get better pot shots.

Edited by kryvian

The only good idea´s is to have a Bayonet for weapons and the tactical knife thing, but both without any better/worse skills.

The tactical knife isn't a good idea at all. Look at what it is in CoD. You think anyone runs around resting their shooting-arm on the other arm with the knife for hours on end? And you can't just run around one-arming guns.

They would have to make a new game for than to be possible...you know most games that fancy this stuff are "created" around these perks?

I like the Idea of old plastic bottle Silencer like in the movie Shooter (http://www.mynameisf...N=1264700118818).

Yes, and that myth was busted...

But there is another "attachment" where you can legally use oil filters as suppressors. A 9mm sounds like an airsoft gun but the AK they used was still very loud and i was also wondering about the performance with these mods.

Edited by Enforcer

Rocket is actually thinking* about weapon attachments for the standalone so I don't get all the hate.

*In the thread with all the community questions for rocket, he mentioned that they are making weapons like separate objects so that they could have data attached to them (which would be kept when the weapon would be dropped).

Making things like weapon durability and weapon attachments a possibility.

This doesn't mean it's a confirmed feature however, so keep the hate down.

Now I do like the idea of having 'upgrades' in the form of attachables for weapons, as long as these are kept sparingly. Something compared to end-game items.

These could be silencers, suppressors and other barrels, scopes of varying quality, thermal-scopes, grips, knife attachments but can even go as far as finding extended magazines, bi-pods, tactical lights, laser sights and maybe even grenade launchers.

Certain weapons, mostly assault rifles and pistols but also rifles can be customized quite a lot.

As long as (some of) these customizations stay rare and thus become very special there should be no problems. Maybe introduce some make-shift and common attachments such as halve a binocular attached to a weapon using duct-tape.

• Like 1

Crafting will be introduced, but you won't be making weapon stuff out of duct tape and tin cans. Use search for the info.

Welcome to the forums!

I'ma stay away from my thoughts on duct tape silencers and sights, as they've already been thoroughly talked about.

An added note though, just because a gun is heavier, does not mean it recoils more. In fact, the added weight in the gun helps to absorb the recoil. A bayonet would be positioned to make the gun more barrel heavy, and would not make it recoil more.