skunkfu

[Android] DayZ Central v2.27 - All-in-one App [Database, HD Chernarus map with Loot and Tables, Waypoints, Guides, and more!]

Its running wonderfully on my Android 2.3 tab. Blazing quick app makes it easy to get the info I need. Fantastic job!

Haven't been through everything but I did notice one typo. On the M4A1 Holo, under Magazine Type(s), you have STANAG SD Mag listed twice, instead of listing a regular STANAG mag.

Caught and fixed for next version. Very precise typo feedback, any more you find please let me know!

Cheers.

Hey guys, v1.4 is up, check out the changes in the OP.

Per request, I've included Panthera Island and Fallujah maps, and replaced the rest of the maps with fresh ones.

I will upload the apk of DZC soon.

Personal request - If anyone has a copy of Photoshop, plenty of time to kill, and would like to contribute to the development of DZC, can you please get in contact with me!

I want to fill out the rest of Chernaus with loot locations, but since it is a very time consuming process I simply don't have the time to do it. Free cookie in it for you!

Cheers.

Brilliant. Nice job there Skunkfu. :D

Edited by peebeds

Thanks for the comments guys!

v1.5 is uploaded and will be available within the hour. It's a small one, but I've managed to implement persistent saving of scroll and zoom positions on all the maps. This annoyed me when viewing the map, searching through the database, then going back to the map and having to find where I was again.

Hope this helps you! Any problems with it let me know.

Cheers

Edited by skunkfu

v1.6 is up.

This includes the new Namalsk map, replaced lower res weapons with high res ones, and added an outer glow to all the relevant images for much needed polish.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Just downloaded the app after reading on a different forum about it and then came here to tell you from just about 2 min looking into the database i already learned something new about dayz. thanks for making this app again, no more studying a map before i set out near the NW for a secure path

Awesome. I'd really LOVE an iOS version of this!

If I could afford a Mac dev machine and an iOS device, then I wouldn't hesitate to port DZC! Unfortunately I'm not in the position to do so right now. Sorry!

Just downloaded the app after reading on a different forum about it and then came here to tell you from just about 2 min looking into the database i already learned something new about dayz. thanks for making this app again, no more studying a map before i set out near the NW for a secure path

Of which forum did you read about DZC? Curiosity killed the cat :) I'm happy you benefit from it!

v1.7 is up guys, adding four new community maps, which hopefully includes the full set of available maps so far. This has increased the app size to around 30MB from 20MB, although the pros outweigh the cons!

I've also limited the amount of zoom level available on the maps. This will reduce the ugliness of zooming right in, however I do realize higher resolution maps equals easier reading of names, buildings, etc. Its a balance between the resolution size of maps, and the size of the app itself.

A new mapping platform will be added to DZC in the future. This will improve performance signifiantly, with moving around the map itself, and toggling of layers on the Chernarus map. This will be planned after Chernaus Plus is released with Standalone.

Also included is three new aircraft vehicles which was added to DayZ with the recent patch. Information on most of these vehicles are still to be finalized. I am helping with DayZWiki on updating this.

Cheers.

Edited by skunkfu

i hear it from a forum on gamingexp.com

as of right now they are down and searching for a new domain but the topic they were covering was the best way to get a map while still in game where ingame you dont have a map but you have the town name. think that was the topic if im correct

i hear it from a forum on gamingexp.com

as of right now they are down and searching for a new domain but the topic they were covering was the best way to get a map while still in game where ingame you dont have a map but you have the town name. think that was the topic if im correct

If and when they manage to find a new domain, could you possibly link me to the topic on their forum?

I may or may not have plans on implementing a function to have the ability to type in the name of the town you discover, then instantly show the location on the map. ;)

ok i will when they do. im not sure if the topic will be the same or if it will be there but hopefully itll be up somewhere.

also if you do that idea your gonna need it to be in cyrllic or w/e the language is in the map too. it would make finding towns much easier for people who dont have a map in dayz and with the app all you have to do is type a few of the letters to see a list of what towns/citys are called where you can pick the right choice and itll show you in any way you choose from like a yellow line around what the town is or something like that :)

it will probably be hard doing the coding but i know for sure it will be the first map to have a search on towns and not typical items you can find

Current version: v1.7 - 4th of December 2012

Download at the Play Store - Direct APK Download

DayZ Central aims to bring together quality information, maps and guides created by the DayZ community into a fast, polished and simple to use app.

It is free with no ads; I don’t believe in them. I created DZC as a gift for this awesome community!

Features

• Fast and polished ICS Holo interface with the option for a light and dark theme
  • Regularly updated database containing all loot available within DayZ including YouTube video links
  • Official map of Chernarus with toggle-able layers
  • Community maps of Fallujah, Lingor Island, Namalsk, Panthera Island, Takistan, Celle, Taviana, Zargabad and Utes
  • Search functionality
  • High resolution images for loot
  • Game Controls
  • Weapon comparison tables
  • Guides

Screenshots

LNt5m.jpgi8SZY.jpgfr941.jpg

K53E1.jpgIU1kp.jpg9wMqN.jpg

Suggestions

If you like DZC, please let me know what parts are good and bad, and any suggestions to improve on them!

Any bug reports are definitely welcome. skunkfu2@gmail.com.

Special Thanks

DayZWiki & DayZDB for the content, Shinfo for the Game Controls & Map Icons, Doctor Dentist for High Resolution Weapons, and Dan Clarke for the DZC logo!

Quick Note

The Chernarus buildings and vehicle locations will be updated along-side completed loot locations once Chernarus Plus is released with DayZ standalone.

New Version - v1.7

• Celle, Taviana, Zargabad and Utes maps added
  • Maps maximum zoom level is now limited (the current map system will be replaced and higher resolutions maps added after DayZ Standalone is released)
  • Fixed unable to zoom out the Chernarus map on Android versions before Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0)
  • AH6X Little Bird, Mi-17 and An-2 vehicles added to Database

THis is actually pretty cool, and why I love these forums!

ok i will when they do. im not sure if the topic will be the same or if it will be there but hopefully itll be up somewhere.

also if you do that idea your gonna need it to be in cyrllic or w/e the language is in the map too. it would make finding towns much easier for people who dont have a map in dayz and with the app all you have to do is type a few of the letters to see a list of what towns/citys are called where you can pick the right choice and itll show you in any way you choose from like a yellow line around what the town is or something like that :)

it will probably be hard doing the coding but i know for sure it will be the first map to have a search on towns and not typical items you can find

Cheers buddy.

And yes exactly what you said! I am hopeful that when Chernarus Plus is released, Rocket will release the map with English names, otherwise it will make it much more difficult to search in Russian! Either that, or I will modify the map to include English :)

All of this is free, I don't ask for donations, so it eats up all my free time for nothing. Although all the awesome comments I get keeps me going, and it benefits me learning how to develop. This is my first app, and I still don't know how to code... I must be doing something right!

THis is actually pretty cool, and why I love these forums!

Glad you like it :)

• Like 1

Pretty fantastic. All it needs is the loot locations added to the map and it'll be awesome.

Actually downlaoded quickly

i dont even know how to make a app and so far you made one thats pretty good on no budget and no knowledge of the coding

you have my beans and my vote for anything ^_^

Hey guys,

It has been near a month since the last release, so I thought I would update to v1.8 for the New Year.

Lots of additions, but nothing too crazy. The database has been fully updated, along with new vehicles that have been added to the recent DayZ build. I have also allowed portrait mode for maps and the ability to toggle fullscreen mode (both can be set within Settings).

I've uploaded the .apk to MediaFire instead of 4Shared for those who need it. (4Shared was pissing me off).

Check out the changelog for what's new.

Hope you enjoy, and have a good New Year! :)

• Like 2

Hey chaps,

I have been working on DZC for six months now, and it has been great fun learning how to develop and receive all the awesome feedback! But now, due taking on a new job, etc., I now have less free time to work on it. Unfortunately for some, the new version of DZC now includes ads. I never wanted to include them, so the decision was not taken lightly...

Ads are only shown in the Maps section, and are only visible when a data connection is available.

A donate version of DZC is available on the Play Store, and is completely ad-free. If you can, please support further development of DZC. I will be forever grateful!

DayZ Central Ad-Free Version

I hope this does not cause too much bother.

Cheers guys.

Edited by skunkfu
  • Like 1

Evening all,

I was originally going to wait for Chernarus Plus to be released but after many requests and complaints from users, I've decided to implement the new map system for Chernarus!

The resolution has doubled in size, so you can zoom in MUCH further. Performance is now top notch, position coordinates added, and you now have full layer control.

Now working on implementing a sharing function to share your location with anyone. I also have the ability to implement a search function to search through towns, and create position markers, but I have no date if/when this will happen.

Enjoy :)

• Like 1