Sign in to follow this  
SiDi

Plz fix the Hacker Problems on dayZ

German/Deutsch:

Hallo rocked

Wäre es möglich das du dich hände dringent um die hacker probleme kümmern könntest?

Ich habe einen Server und dort sidn jeden tag mindestens 7 Hacker am tag drauf die jedes mal aufs neue alle Fahrzeuge sowie zelte weg teleportieren alle spieler an die küste teleportieren und die spieler sterben lassen ich habe echt keine lust mehr länger dieses Spiel überhaupt zu spielen. man darf keine externen sicherheits scripte nutzen man darf keine spieler bannen nix! man kann noch nicht mal nach sehen wer diesen hack genutzt hat oder sonst der gleichen....

Ich bitte dich rocked daher könntest du bitte etwas gegen diese verdammten hackern machen!

Ich bedanke mich im vorraus recht herzlich.

---------

Dieser text wurde mit hilfe von google übersetzer geschrieben.

English/Englisch:

Hello Rocket !

Is it possible that u could do something against the hacker problem ?

I got a server and every day we have 7 hackers there and they teleport all cars, tents to their location.

Also the hackers teleport all player into the air in front of the coast and let them die.

At all the game isn´t fun for me anymore so I don´t want to play dayz any longer.

We´re not allowed to use internal security scripts to detect the hacker were also not allowed to ban them from our server!

We aren´t able to see who used that hack either !

So u created a awesome game could u please do something against this hackers ? Or give us more force about our server ?

Many thanks in advance (:

Edited by SiDi

Cheaters/script-kids will never be eliminated, it's a Arma2 shitty coding (and Battleye disaster).. so forget it.

The chances are high that we will have the same number of cheater into the final game as well (since it will be heavily based on the current engine, they aren't going to modify how it operates).

Cheaters/script-kids will never be eliminated, it's a Arma2 shitty coding (and Battleye disaster).. so forget it.

The chances are high that we will have the same number of cheater into the final game as well (since it will be heavily based on the current engine, they aren't going to modify how it operates).

Only thing they can do better is use VAC servers

• Like 1

This issue will go away in stand alone. Well not go away but it will be cut down I am thinking about 80%ish.

we have now this problem all us vehicles and us camping tents with all us equipment is lost... we have no vehicles more and weapons usw... we dont know where us vehicles and camping tents are

Cheaters/script-kids will never be eliminated, it's a Arma2 @#!*% coding (and Battleye disaster).. so forget it.

That's wrong. The standalone is based on a similar engine, yes, but for the standalone the devs will be able to modify the engine in any way they please, so that way, they can fix the hackers. Script kiddies will never be eliminated, but they will be so few it doesn't matter.

Edited by colekern

Except they are going to modify how it works, they are 100% aware of the current problem and what the main culprit is, the Arma 2 script friendly platform. You will still see hacking, but hopefully it is cut down to a more acceptable number. You guys need to realize that the developers can not break Arma 2 to fix a mod, so hackers are going to hack and if that is too much for you to handle (which is understandable not trying to be a dick) you should wait for after standalone releases to see if this issue is addressed.

Edit: If anyone leaves they should check out Arma 2 before they go, or at least a mod like takistan life.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Please get your facts straight.

The scripting side of the engine is being locked down. Players will not be able to run scripts in the standalone with the same type of ease they can now. Hacks will still be around like ALL games but not nearly as bad as they are now.

That's wrong. The standalone is based on a similar engine, yes, but for the standalone the devs will be able to modify the engine in any way they please, so that way, they can fix the hackers. Script kiddies will never be eliminated, but they will be so few it doesn't matter.

It's not that Arma2 has been released yesterday.. it's a retail game and the devs weren't able to fix anything. So, unless they increased their skill by 200% (or rocket alone is much better than any other dev at BIS) i don't have any hope into this being fixed.

It's not that Arma2 has been released yesterday.. it's a retail game and the devs weren't able to fix anything. So, unless they increased their skill by 200% (or rocket alone is much better than any other dev at BIS) i don't have any hope into this being fixed.

What are you talking about? The easy ability to mod and script the game is what made Arma 2 fun for their community prior to DayZ coming out. They will not remove the scripting etc. because they would essentially take a giant crap on the vanilla players to benefit the DayZ players, which would not be fair. It has nothing to do with the 'skill' of the developers.

Please get your facts straight.

The scripting side of the engine is being locked down. Players will not be able to run scripts in the standalone with the same type of ease they can now. Hacks will still be around like ALL games but not nearly as bad as they are now.

The 2 most used "hack" in Arma2 atm are noway based on "scripts".. unfortunately. And the most incredible part is that they are PUBLIC (and free).. and they aren't banned yet (they are circulating by months). These are the "straight" facts you wanted to know?

Only thing they can do better is use VAC servers

Why in the fuck would Valve Anti Cheat help anything. You do not understand how "hacking" works in this game. Also why would valve protect servers for a game they didn't make.

What are you talking about? The easy ability to mod and script the game is what made Arma 2 fun for their community prior to DayZ coming out. They will not remove the scripting etc. because they would essentially take a giant crap on the vanilla players to benefit the DayZ players, which would not be fair. It has nothing to do with the 'skill' of the developers.

What i'm talking about is the devs-inability (and at this point i believe they are doing it intentionally, coz i can't believe into this incompetence) of placing something like this into the server code:

if (abs(sqrt((newX-curX)*(newX-curX) + (newY-curY)*(newY-curY)) > human_possible_dis))

{

kick(user, "are u kidding me?");

}

Try to guess what the above SINGLE code line would solve?

This is just a single example of how fight an idiot cheater investing 0.000000000000000000001% of your brain. It took 0.1s to me to figure it out, and coding is not my primary job.

Why Arma2 devs (and DayZ devs) are not doing this? It's a mistery.... (no, i know why.. but i won't tell ya).

Edited by WalkerDown
  • Like 1

The 2 most used "hack" in Arma2 atm are noway based on "scripts".. unfortunately. And the most incredible part is that they are PUBLIC (and free).. and they aren't banned yet (they are circulating by months). These are the "straight" facts you wanted to know?

They cannot be banned because it is not easy to ban these hacks/scripts due to the nature of the mod, don't you get it? You are the one ignoring facts because you're in rage, dude.

About that "circulating by months" .... When looking into the well known hacking forums you'll see different versions of these hacks, some older ones have been shut down and are not usable anymore, while new ones are not. Either calm down, stop raging about the developers and wait until the standalone is released or stop spreading wrong facts in the forum.

edit: ok, I see it is pointless. You better put on your tinfoil hat.

Edited by phnordarossa

The reason is that I don't think updates or mods can make actual changes to the engine itself without having to change pretty much everything else in the game.

Edited by colekern

They cannot be banned because it is not easy to ban these hacks/scripts due to the nature of the mod, don't you get it?

Not correct, they can't ban the "concept", but they can ban the version circulating.. i can give you an example on how intercept one of these hacks within seconds, i can't name them here on the forum (whenever everyone here knows perfectly of what im talking about).

I'm not asking to eliminate ALL the cheaters (it's impossible.. for ANY game), i'm asking to reduce the problem, because atm even my grandma can download a stupid public cheat and have it working without any coding experience.

You are the one ignoring facts because you're in rage, dude.

In rage for what? I'm just opening your eyes.. if you really believe they are doing ahything against the cheaters.

Not correct, they can't ban the "concept", but they can ban the version circulating.. i can give you an example on how intercept one of these hacks within seconds, i can't name them here on the forum (whenever everyone here knows perfectly of what im talking about).

I'm not asking to eliminate ALL the cheaters (it's impossible.. for ANY game), i'm asking to reduce the problem, because atm even my grandma can download a stupid public cheat and have it working without any coding experience.

In rage for what? I'm just opening your eyes.. if you really believe they are doing ahything against the cheaters.

I'd rather like to know, why you think they are doing absolutely nothing against the cheaters, while they in fact could do absolutely everything to prevent cheating? I'd really like to know that theory, open my eyes, please.

well. now that rocket knows SiDi's not a fan of hackers he might start working to stop them, I heard hes simply been waiting to hear from SiDi on the topic, thank you for finally posting about this "hacker issue."

The reason is that I don't think updates or mods can make actual changes to the engine itself without having to change pretty much everything else in the game.

I know.. i didn't meant that. I mean: if they IGNORED the problem for Arma2 (it's actually fully of cheaters).. why they should take care of it with DayZ?

Arma2 engine isn't design to handle with the cheaters, because (originally) it was designed for another purpose.. now to solve (limit) the problem, they should modify so many things, basically making a whole new engine.. and this is NOT going to happens, this is why we will have (most likely) the same cheaters (or cheats that uses the same concept) in the final game.

Yes, i'm guessing.. and i really hope to be wrong. :)

I know.. i didn't meant that. I mean: if they IGNORED the problem for Arma2 (it's actually fully of cheaters).. why they should take care of it with DayZ?

Arma2 engine isn't design to handle with the cheaters, because (originally) it was designed for another purpose.. now to solve (limit) the problem, they should modify so many things, basically making a whole new engine.. and this is NOT going to happens, this is why we will have (most likely) the same cheaters (or cheats that uses the same concept) in the final game.

another person who doesn't know what they're talking about. the devs are going to lock down the engine for the standalone so this kind of script injection cannot be done.

[...] a whole new engine.. and this is NOT going to happens, [...]

Again, you're ignoring the fact that Rocket and his team are, as he stated in several interviews, in full control of the engine they are modifying for the standalone. And you did not point out why Rocket and his team should not modify that engine in a way that makes today's hacking nearly impossible.

You misunderstood. I meant that in order to cut down on scripters, changes have to be made to the engine itself. As for DayZ, getting rid of hackers is the first priority as stated by Rocket many times.

Edited by colekern

What i'm talking about is the devs-inability (and at this point i believe they are doing it intentionally, coz i can't believe into this incompetence) of placing something like this into the server code:

if (abs(sqrt((newX-curX)*(newX-curX) + (newY-curY)*(newY-curY)) > human_possible_dis))

{

kick(user, "are u kidding me?");

}

Try to guess what the above SINGLE code line would solve?

This is just a single example of how fight an idiot cheater investing 0.000000000000000000001% of your brain. It took 0.1s to me to figure it out, and coding is not my primary job.

Why Arma2 devs (and DayZ devs) are not doing this? It's a mistery.... (no, i know why.. but i won't tell ya).

Basic trig... I know that and I'm not really a coder either. The difference between, the distance between two points... with a comparative control value. I use this method for making a fluid camera follow a player character based on screen position :)

I guess it's too advanced for Team Rocket :/

~Sol