wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

Unfortunately Mac, you've currently got a drained community. Most have stopped playing on the server altogether, some like myself play far less nowadays. This isn't because we don't like the game, more how Wireworld as a server is managed.

You're very closed off as to what people say about the server as you're either never online to hear it, or if you are, you don't listen when we say anything to you.

The largest group on the server is a group of combat loggers. Ask anyone outside of their group what their thoughts on Niek is and 9 out of 10 will say he's a little shit or something along those lines (choose your word of profanity). However, instead of banning him you jump into our channel laugh and say he's only young and leave it at that. As a result, there's no structure, no discipline and so the faith in your ability to manage the server grows thin.

If I bring up the whole hacking/scripting topic, quite frankly it's a joke. I believe I'm correct in saying that this server has no anti-hack software in place, at that point I'd like to highlight the main reason you set up this server was to get away from hacking. Following quite a few suspicious moments myself and Andy encouraged Papa to implement Gotcha Anti-Hack in an attempt to reduce the chance that the community contains cheats. He looked into it, implemented it, only for you to come on and tell him to remove it because you didn't know how to whitelist players...

Let's face it, I'd like to see how many successful gaming servers have no anti-hack implemented and 1 inactive admin.

I've now played on this server for 7 months, the only reason I still play is because of the people I know.

Edited by ohgreen

Unfortunately Mac, you've currently got a drained community. Most have stopped playing on the server altogether, some like myself play far less nowadays. This isn't because we don't like the game, more how Wireworld as a server is managed.

You're very closed off as to what people say about the server as you're either never online to hear it, or if you are, you don't listen when we say anything to you.

The largest group on the server is a group of combat loggers. Ask anyone outside of their group what their thoughts on Niek is and 9 out of 10 will say he's a little shit or something along those lines (choose your word of profanity). However, instead of banning him you jump into our channel laugh and say he's only young and leave it at that. As a result, there's no structure, no discipline and so the faith in your ability to manage the server grows thin.

If I bring up the whole hacking/scripting topic, quite frankly it's a joke. I believe I'm correct in saying that this server has no anti-hack software in place, at that point I'd like to highlight the main reason you set up this server was to get away from hacking. Following quite a few suspicious moments myself and Andy encouraged Papa to implement Gotcha Anti-Hack in an attempt to reduce the chance that the community contains cheats. He looked into it, implemented it, only for you to come on and tell him to remove it because you didn't know how to whitelist players...

Let's face it, I'd like to see how many successful gaming servers have no anti-hack implemented and 1 inactive admin.

I've now played on this server for 7 months, the only reason I still play is because of the people I know.

Hey Ohgreen,

Why don't you quit your GD whining? Guess what buddy? While you been prancing around for the last 7 months on Mac's server being critical of every GD thing about THEN posting all of it on these forums, Mac discovered he has a potentially life threatening illness and has underwent an extremely painful operation that he is probably still feeling the effects of.

If I were you, I would say..."Mac, thanks man. I really appreciate all you've done for the server and giving me a place to play for 7 months. I don't have one bad thing to say because I understand there are things in life that are much more important than Zombie sims. Although I'll be leaving soon, don't worry about giving me the refund for this month because your investment in the server has been so much greater than mine."

Oh, thats right! You havent given a fucking dime. I understand you care about the server, but take a step back motherfucker and look at the situation. You aint helpin so STFU!

Mac, I apologize in advance for the profanity. Couldn't help myself.

I'm not whining, just stating my opinion.

Mac's illness is irrelevant of my comments, don't bring that up. If he wanted to broadcast it to the internet he would do it himself.

I'll highlight that you hacked the server because you felt nothing was being done, you're just about the worst person to comment on my post.

Definition of a 'Brown noser':

When someone sucks up so badly to another person, that they are literally up their ass 24/7, which gives them the brown nose.

• Like 2

Mac's illness is irrelevant of my comments, don't bring that up. If he wanted to broadcast it to the internet he would do it himself.

I'll highlight that you hacked the server because you felt nothing was being done, you're just about the worst person to comment on my post.

When someone sucks up so badly to another person, that they are literally up their ass 24/7, which gives them the brown nose.

Irrelevant? Maybe to you buddy.

Definition of a 'cock sucker'.

And by the way 'cock sucker', although reinstated a couple months ago which was absolutely the right decision, I haven't played but maybe a couple hours on the server. This completely smashes your retarded accusation of brown nosing. I have no incentive to brown nose. I don't play, thus I need no favors. I don't play as much because Mac reminded me that "life" is much more important.

I suggest you get one.

Over and out. No further responses from me.

Again, my apologies Mac. I couldn't help myself.

• Like 1

The only one on the server that make's you not wanna play on GBW is you Chris, everyone else takes it as a game and plays for fun, while you are more sour than 40 year old cream....You're always harsh in the side chat calling the person you're in conflict names and just badmouthing. As for Niek yeah sure he may have combat logged a couple of times but since he started taunting you I would say he's the most liked person ont he server anyways in our camp...

• Like 1

Glad to come back to the game and see you're still up and running Mac. I've only read the last 2 pages of this thread, quite honestly it's all I could bear. Sup True?

Edited by Antihero84
  • Like 1

Glad to come back to the game and see you're still up and running Mac. I've only read the last 2 pages of this thread, quite honestly it's all I could bear. Sup True?

Reading through the comments I know how you feel :D. I think people forget why I put the server up in the first place... maybe it's time to remind them.

I set the server up for my customers who play in Wireworld so they have people to play with when we only have a few playing together in the shop. Also, I was fed up with being teleported and killed by hackers in retail. The server can be easily rolled back if we do get a hacker on. I love DayZ and I'm happy to help the Devs with the latest prerelease build. It's great to have become part of that Dev community. I've met some great people and made some great friends through our Server... These are the positives.

We have had some hackers who made it through and have abused my hospitality and they know who they are. The community who choose GB Wireworld for their home soon let me know of any suspicious behavior from new players or groups and over time we have managed to weed them out and ban them. Unfortunately it seems, for some of our players, that doesn't happen quickly enough, maybe they think that running the server is the only thing I have to do. Then they start flaming this thread and moan at me for not being active enough.... these are the negatives...

Some of you will know that I have a lot on my plate at the moment, but rest assured I intend to keep the server alive until Standalone is released at least and I will be as active as I can.

So, it's time for me to say, if you don't like the way I run my server that's ok, you don't have to play on it. I would suggest you spend £700 on Server hire, set up your own and then you can run it as you like.

Play on GB Wireworld or don't it's YOUR choice... DayZ on GB Wireworld anyone?

Kind regards

Mac

Edited by wireworld
  • Like 2

Play on GB Wireworld or don't it's YOUR choice... DayZ on GB Wireworld anyone?

Kind regards

Mac

When someone exercises that choice Mac, and asks politely to be removed from your server email spam list, kindly have the courtesy to do so, rather than spamming more unnecessary sarky replies. thank you.

When someone exercises that choice Mac, and asks politely to be removed from your server email spam list, kindly have the courtesy to do so, rather than spamming more unnecessary sarky replies. thank you.

Oh dear, sounds like you've had a sense of humour bypass :D - thanks for the topic bump Calibre, I think you have had all of 1 spam mail from me since your request..

Kind regards

Mac

• Like 1

Wireworld is only as good as its community of players...

It doesn't have enough hack protection or administration.

It doesn't have a lot of customised bells and whistles.

Beta testing doesn't have the allure that it used to.

The only real draw to the server is the good natured rivalry amongst the groups; the fact that everyone knows everyone else to some extent. That's what gave Wireworld a 'soul', which most other servers don't have.

So if you want more than 5-10 players on during peak times (IMO Chernarus needs 20+ before it gets interesting), then you're going to have to work out how to foster and promote that aspect of the server, and to prevent the public flaming and blaming that's been going on. For months it was easy because there was a nice balance of personalities, group-sizes, and play-styles. Now that balance has gone, everyone is going to have to try harder to be more courteous and patient, and to try to solve problems when they arise rather than cause them.

Remember, 60% of the servers are completely empty. Only 3% have over 20 players at peak times.

Having a busy server with nice players on it doesn't happen by itself.

Wireworld is only as good as its community of players...

It doesn't have enough hack protection or administration.

It doesn't have a lot of customised bells and whistles.

Beta testing doesn't have the allure that it used to.

I like this.

Hey Anti,

Nice to see your still keeping your eye on us, It would be nice to see you on again and catch up if you fancy it? I'm going to be on the server a lot more from now on as I have loads of time off work from this Wednesday.

I'm hooked on helping Razor and his team with the Pre-release stuff, just love testing and playing that unreleased code :D . The server has gone through quiet times before and it always 'bounces back' over time. We had over 20 on last Saturday night so not all is lost yet. Just like running Wireworld, over time people come and people go but some stay and then some come back when there ready.

Papa and Chris are a bit cross with me by the look of their posts, I hope they, in time, come back too. No hard feelings guys and Papa i am eternally thankful to you for helping me out. Without you the server would of surely died. Chris, I'm having trouble working you out m8. Maybe me you and Papa should have an open and honest talk in TS before we post any more here. I'f your not playing on the Server than why these posts?

Anyway, take care Phil, and as always, new players are always very welcome to try us out.

(mis)-quote Phil:

GB Wireworld - "came for the Zombies - stayed for the drama"

P.S. Thanks for the 'BUMP' :beans: :beans: :beans:

Edited by wireworld

As Phil stated, I believe the server lacks the necessary anti-hacks and management from an admin team, that a buggy game requires. The recent frustration was caused by a random reduction in administrative support from 3 to 1 and a build up of disappointing lack of rule enforcement as well as game breaking dev builds (which to me are more annoying than anything).

I've come to accept that wireworld will always have drawbacks where other servers don't. Other servers enforce rules, make use of anti-hack software and spread the administrative workload between numerous people. As Mac wishes to keep all cards held to his chest, there's always going to be annoyances. This is fair enough, he pays for the server and we choose to play on it, however, I want to have fun, not run round on an empty server or discover bugs in dev builds.

With that in mind, I can't see myself playing on wireworld anymore.

I realise that I'm probably coming across quite angry/cross when you come to read my posts - I'm not, I'm just disappointed that a server I've absolutely loved playing on has gone downhill so drastically. I don't like certain players and I'm quite expressive when it comes to this. This doesn't mean I'm sour or nasty, just speak my mind. If you've spoken to me on TS you'll know that I don't take things too seriously, but judge as you will.

I want to apologise to the BABO group for the previous accusations of hacking, bit of a shame it all happened.

Cheers,

Chris.

P.S. A tip for the future - if you're wanting to attract players, bring back the fight nights. They're the single best thing I've done on DayZ to date, they were fantastic Mac. If I got the invite, I'd be there.

P.S. A tip for the future - if you're wanting to attract players, bring back the fight nights. They're the single best thing I've done on DayZ to date, they were fantastic Mac. If I got the invite, I'd be there.

Hey Chris, Nice post, thanks for that. Friday Fight nights are coming back, I have lots of time off over the next 3 months due to my treatment so watch this space and yes, your always welcome to take part.

Kind regards

Mac

Camps are coming! Take a look at this from Razor - This is a work in progress, not all features will make it into the next build

E3ZnECp.jpg

Edited by wireworld
  • Like 3

Bump.. new players welcome, It's a great Server :beans: :beans: :beans:

OMG, Survival is so hard with the latest patch, expect to die from Zd's lots....

Updates keep on flooding in, 6 new types of Zd's, Blood regen based on time of eating and the days you have survived, DayZ 1.7.7, not for pussies :)

Blood regen based on time of eating and the days you have survived

Sigh.... not this bullshit again. WTF do the devs of this game have against solo players?

· A group spawns more loot and better quality loot than a single player approaching the same building.

· A group can blood bag each other for instant health, and really don't need to bother with cooked food at all.

· A group will soon be able to build lockable bases.

Really, if that's their attitude then fuck them.

If the standalone is going to penalise solo players in the same kind of way, then they aren't going to get my money.

Sigh.... not this bullshit again. WTF do the devs of this game have against solo players?

· A group spawns more loot and better quality loot than a single player approaching the same building.

· A group can blood bag each other for instant health, and really don't need to bother with cooked food at all.

· A group will soon be able to build lockable bases.

Really, if that's their attitude then fuck them.

If the standalone is going to penalise solo players in the same kind of way, then they aren't going to get my money.

Morning Anti,

Hope the weather is nice in the sunny Canaries, can you send us some here please!

Maybe you should come back and give it a try first before you decide, as It plays really, really well and the game almost forces you to team up together now. Solo is very, very tough mind. Blood bags are quite rare as is all the survival stuff. No more gearing up in an hour or two. Supermarkets Barracks and Hospitals are so not what they once were.

Zd's are terrifying and it's back to crawling around to scavenge and that feels great! The 6 new 'super Zd's certainly keep you on your toes! The balance to me seems perfect. There will be no more DB resets (for a few months at least and I'll ask our players before I wipe again) and Tents can no longer placed in rocks or buildings so camps are slowly starting to appear, Helicopters and planes have been removed so no one has that advantage any more. I wasn't happy with the sound of all the changes when I first heard of them but since playing I have to say I love DayZ again. It just feels right.

I've remove all passworded channels from our TS3 server and I'm the only admin now. I'm going to bring back Friday Night Fight Clubs in the next few weeks, (my treatment permitting).

Even if your not coming back it would be nice to catch up on TS3 and of course everyone who has used GB Wireworld since last September is welcome to use our TS3 Server to keep in touch, even if there not playing!

Take care

Mac