Sign in to follow this  
Hoskins123

Worst addition to the game

For me it has to be the skins. Not because I don't like the idea of being shown as a bandit or hero. The reason I hate it so much is because of the glitch that happens when your skin randomly changes. I have lost way too many backpacks full of guns to enjoy this game any further. In case some of you are not aware if you are a bandit, you will always spawn on your next life in the bandit skin. After walking around the game for awhile and doing whatever you please your skin will randomly change to a civilian. During this process your backpack is turned into a patrol pack and anything more than 8 slots is gone. This encourages me to kill anybody I may see in my early life to keep my bandit skin and not get fucked over by a glitch. I am ranting about this now because I just lost a svd camo and m24 along with a coyote pack. I don't know why rocket would keep something in the game that has fucked it up so bad.

Problem with changing humanity? Be a dick to as many people as you can and get a low humanity, or stop bitching and find yourself some camo or ghillie suits. Surely someone that has had an SVD would have found a camo or ghillie suit...

Worst addition (though not really A Day Z thing) is the tents, or specifically the amazing duping tents. The problem has been allowed to go on for so long that now there are so many high end weapons floating around servers it isn't funny.

It's not you know...funny, that is.

The problem is more likely that people are not realizing that bug fixing will mostly be done in the beta phase of the program. It is just normal that things are buggy in an Alpha. Why am I telling you this anyway? You probably already now so I'll quote a special wisdom for you, I've read several times over the internet: "Don't fell in love with your gear!"

Imagine a world where every hater files a bug report for every rant he/she posts! Call it developer's heaven.

Problem with changing humanity? Be a dick to as many people as you can and get a low humanity, or stop bitching and find yourself some camo or ghillie suits. Surely someone that has had an SVD would have found a camo or ghillie suit...

Read the post kid, this happens shortly after spawn. I went back to retrieve my dead body which had all the gear. Though it can also happen at any time in the game when your skin auto-changes. Also go to hell

Why is the backpack deletion glitch fixed on the unofficial lingor mod but still present in the official dayz alpha? This has bugged me since I started playing lingor and noticed it was fixed on that mod.

You do realise there's a REALLY REALLY easy fix for this right? Spawn in relog ??? You have your normal ammount of humanity.

Read the post kid, this happens shortly after spawn. I went back to retrieve my dead body which had all the gear. Though it can also happen at any time in the game when your skin auto-changes. Also go to hell

Don't be a dumbfuck, "kid", humanity endures through death. Not my fault you died.

Don't want humanity Fluxing after death? Relog, and boom, humanity restored. Also go to Disney World

Tents are the worst thing in the game.... Vehicles having inventory is second.... i wonder why... :(

maybe because vehicles have a trunk to store things in real life? cmon man

I have never lost a single item when changing skin. Are you making this up?

Nah, its happened to me a few times. Change to a gillie and my backpack goes back to the standard and therefore any primary weapon goes with it!

Just lost an AS50 that way...oh well i dont snipe anyway, and time for me to remember about this bug!

Thermal scopes. L85A2 AWS is a game breaker.

3rd person mode is almost as bad.

Edited by Lord Crumb

The worst addition? The players for sure. We have a really immature community here, as a whole. Check any forum on the board and you'll find someone complaining about bugs-in-an-alpha or making a massive "I quit!" rant that's nearly identical to a post that was made four months ago.

On the other hand, every time someone quits like that, the community gets a little cleaner and nicer, so I suppose the problem is solving its self.

Edited by amaROenuZ
  • Like 2

The skin morphing is annoying like hell, but the problem you are experiencing can be solved by relogging once you have respawned. For some reason you are always at 0 humanity for the first time when you are on a new character. If you relog you get your actual humanity, though.

I would recommend to always join a low pop server that's loading fast as soon as you die for this reason. It's not fun to relog on full server where it takes 5-10 minutes to get into the game.

If you want to fix it then log out after putting on a new backpack and when you come back your new stuff has saved in the hive and changing skins will not take your backpack.

Thermal scopes. L85A2 AWS is a game breaker.

3rd person mode is almost as bad.

I found my L85 legit so I could care less if people complain, the fact that you think third person is bad in a game that is 90% running through woods makes me hate you with a passion. If you do not like it play on servers that do not offer third person, you will be lonely because NO ONE AGREES WITH YOU ON THE SUBJECT SO STOP BRINGING IT UP.

Tents are the worst thing in the game.... Vehicles having inventory is second.... i wonder why... :(

Your vehicule dont have inventory ? What car is it ?

All car i know have some inventory spare place !!!

I found my L85 legit so I could care less if people complain, the fact that you think third person is bad in a game that is 90% running through woods makes me hate you with a passion. If you do not like it play on servers that do not offer third person, you will be lonely because NO ONE AGREES WITH YOU ON THE SUBJECT SO STOP BRINGING IT UP.

starting to like first person. evens the playing field somewhat.