brites

Why are dayz players so hated?

I understand the reasoning of learning the basics, but if we all spent time in an editor learning everything first, then we wouldn't be playing in the multiplayer and having fun, and isn't that why we buy multiplayer games and games in general.....to play and have fun?

Q. Did every Arma player who has been playing since day one, learn everything in the editor before actually jumping into multiplayer?

• Like 1

Most like it isn't any representation of the Arma 2 community as a whole, but rather some elitist jerk.

Water off a ducks back and don't generalise that it is the community as a whole.

Before they know it we'll all have moved onto stand-alone and they can have fun with Arma 3.

This is really funny. Just try not to look as a player. Try to look at it like a producer or developer.

Don't kill me now but.....

ArmA was dead. If you look at the numbers (conv. rate, CCUs, KPIs...) it is surely a niche product. Everybody who says someone who buys this game only because of DayZ is an idiot - is just extremely dumb. This mod brings ArmA back into the selling ranks. This is very good for BI (I am sure the accountings department opens every day a bottle of champaign because of this mod).

It is just sad, that such elitist jerks look down on players who support BI with their money. ArmA is a good game, but it is surely nothing for the mainstream. So if there are new players who like to try ArmA should be helped and not dissed. That is really sad.

And to say that hordes of cheaters are coming because of DayZ is dumb. If someone is responsible for the hackers - then it is the problem of the coders and devs. They are the ones who messed it up. Why the heck are so much of the programmed data not hardcoded? Why is it so easy for all those script kiddies to hack in that game? Do not blame the DayZ players - blame the devs!

And, just as a short foresight, be patient all you super-tactical hardcore special ArmA simulation pros: DayZ will be standalone and you can play ArmA with your few elite club members. So everyone is pleased. There is too much hatred going on!

We encourage DayZ players to join our groups.

Now if some doofus wants to get all arcade XBOX shooter on us we send them away but that goes for Anybody, not just DayZ.

A ton of DayZ players enjoy ARMA 2 because the cool weapons arent "Hacked" and are available for use. Helicopters arent rare, you dont have to eat etc. Many are blown out of the water by ACE and how ACRE works.

What I find interesting is how a ton of DayZ only players talk about how buggy and shitty "ARMA" is because they dont understand its an alpha state mod and they think regular ARMA breaks your legs with outhouse doors.

Then you get these groups ejecting DayZ players instead of showing them what a solid game, and solid community it has become.

Arma 2 is an elite simulation hobby played by tactical players, many with real combat xp. it's not surprising that a hardcore PC only hobby does not attract millions of players. And BI does not really care for petty change from DayZ driven sales, they get tens of millions in licensing and training from a dozen of militaries using their Virtual Battlefield system to train real soldiers. To those old enough to remember - Arma 2 is like the original academic internet and DayZ is like AOL, Internet was destroyed when AOL masses were unleashed onto the public Internet.

i personally dont like ARMA2. I puchase it because DayZ.. but i do understand people who dont like newcomers in "old" games. people who stuck in one game are usually very skilled in it. They like intensive and hard battles and enjoy playing in "little" crew with no cheatters. Now when ppl buy ARMA2 cos DayZ they spread hacking and noobish behaviour in ARMA2 too, get my point? i been playing multiplayer war games like 15-17y now and i been seeing this phenomena at every "old" game. When you are new hacker and start to test hacking, its safe to start from "old game" like Cod4. it dosnt matter if you get kicked but you have experience how to hack. i know this cos i play few "old" games and im good at, but this newcome hack n shit is sometimes very fustrating so even i start to "hate" new players. its a unfortunate issue and it should be taken good to have more activity in MP.s but you cant never trust who are there for real.

If CoD players ever come to Arma or DayZ, I'm gone. I've always known the CoD series was cheap and bad quality, but MW3's community has just made me quit, it's awful.

Agreed. Don't mean to sound as elitist or anything but I truly fookin hate that game and I dislike it's ''community''. Needn't worry though, arma is probably too boring and too tacticool for them to plague arma servers :)

Please leave then, i play CoD4 daily for comps, etc, and know of many others that do to. Half the tek9 community (CoD4 mainly) plays Dayz as well. In fact stop playing every game that has some form of FPS in it since its bound to have a couple CoD players in it (you play guild wars 2? better stop). Sad when people frown upon others for playing a certain game they like, reminds me of the music genre whores shouting house sucks, rock / metal is best. This is ofc all PC related, pretty much all console communities are bad.

Ontopic: Its the internet, let the Arma elitist (couple thousands lol) keep themselves proud for playing such a unpopular game (without mods).

Edited by HighPiez
  • Like 1

god damn

this whole thread i thought it was my cousin "btrites" posting

hes also playing some regular arma 2 now :rolleyes:

2nd times uve done this to me now brites

Edited by Buffjesus

I hate most DayZ players too. Just look at the maturity and the quality of discussions on this forum if you want to know why.

• Like 1

god damn

this whole thread i thought it was my cousin "btrites" posting

hes also playing some regular arma 2 now :rolleyes:

2nd times uve done this to me now brites

Lol mate it wasnt intentional. in fact, my real surname is brites =)

... this thread makes me want to play ArmA.

Basically... ARMA players treat DayZ players in the exact same way that DayZ players treat CoD players. Most of you are too insecure over your game of choice and have to treat others as inferiors for preferring something else. It's actually funny.

• Like 1

I get the impression the core Arma players are a pretty serious bunch, probably a lot are military or ex military. I'd imagine the popularity of a zombie mod on their hard core simulator has hit a raw nerve.

Reminds me of a group of friends i had at Uni - they loved indie bands and knowing that they were part of a handful of fans. The moment the band became popular they started to slag off the new fans because they werent there when the band started. I really dont know why i was friends with those tools.

• Like 1

I'm all for new players, but playing Insurgency, you see alot of new and unskilled players flocking around the vehicles and rather than contributing to the succes of the mission, they seem to do everything they can to slow everyone else down. Trying playing at night, when shitty pilots crashest several aircraft in the AO, their burning wrecks rendering NVGs completely useless. Trying to locate enemy shooter with a dual rotored damn Chinook hovering 2-30 meters above you. Let's not forget about all the friendly fire from vehicle mounted grenadelaunchers, bombs, mortars and rockets.

I'm not saying I agree with the abusive admin in OP's post, I'm just suggesting some players could try a little harder not killing off their own teammates.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 3

Why are DayZ players so hated? They aren't, but they are ridiculed. This guy is a biggot, for sure, and is most likely fueled by an overexaggeration of other's and his own opinions, or had some horrible experience with a DayZ player beforehand. To say the truth, we'll never know. He's probably really pleasant and nice otherwise.

I started playing ArmA for DayZ. I had never heard of ArmA until DayZ. DayZ was one of the games I had been waiting to come out for a long while, like a lot of others. One day I ventured into the vanilla ArmA side, and was intrigued. It was new, different, confusing, interesting, and it was fun. I am now in a realism clan for the game who uses ACE and ACRE. I still play DayZ, but I can follow orders from them very well already, even with only going through boot camp covering expectations and basic commands. I even helped tremendously with an unofficial operation, and was thanked by the leader for that mission.

My best guess why they did this is that they feel as though they are real ArmA players because they played ArmA because they liked ArmA, not because they liked DayZ and found ArmA on the side. They feel like they have a right to be there, more than anything, and that's true in most or all cases, even if it's not the conscious and fueling thought of their actions. And they feel like you don't. It's basically why DayZ and ArmA players alike don't like CoD players.

Atleast that's my opinion. And you know opinions, they can't be wrong, because if you think that, it's just your opinion.

Edited by metapaus
  • Like 1

I get the impression the core Arma players are a pretty serious bunch, probably a lot are military or ex military. I'd imagine the popularity of a zombie mod on their hard core simulator has hit a raw nerve.

Reminds me of a group of friends i had at Uni - they loved indie bands and knowing that they were part of a handful of fans. The moment the band became popular they started to slag off the new fans because they werent there when the band started. I really dont know why i was friends with those tools.

its nothing to do with hipster arma players, the guys on the BI forums are a pretty cool bunch and dont exactly "hate" Dayz players there just tired of the amount of 14 year old kids that migrate to Arma from the mod join a few games mess around and teamkill then piss off back to dayZ never to be seen again.
  • Like 1

If CoD players ever come to Arma or DayZ, I'm gone. I've always known the CoD series was cheap and bad quality, but MW3's community has just made me quit, it's awful.

They are already among us :o !!!! Holy shit im one of them !! Guys dont come near me you could catch a COD :D

In truth i am a cod kiddie, and a halo hippie, and a battlefield.....erm...bro :s ? We have all played lots of shooters come on now, lets get past this COD bashing phase.

• Like 3

Being a person that bought ARMA 2 for ARMA 2 I can see why a lot of players hate DayZ so much. I personally think DayZ is a brilliant mod and had some of my best experiences playing it (bbbbeeaannnsss). However, if you join any random public server, say domination or warfare, then you will find a lot of teamkillers, hackers and griefers (especially heli crashers). I personally got very annoyed by this because most of these griefers never existed before DayZ. I AM NOT SAYING ALL PLAYERS ARE BAD IT'S REALLY ONLY 10% THAT RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE. I have met some of the best players as a result of DayZ but it is bringing in a lot of mainstream gamers and the community isn't used to that. So thats why you might see a lot of flame. I believe that not everyone is bad and am more than willing to help but sometimes you guys need to know your limits or at least play the tutorials. We were all noobs at one point (I was just as confused as most of you are now but I did my research atleast) but some noobs did more damage than others (probably a little biased but i had to say it). I don't like to sound biased. Do I sound biased? Hint. If your intersested in ARMA you need to take time to slow down and take every detail serouisly. Or at least act like you know what your doing.

If someone started griefing or hacking on my server (ARMA not DayZ) then I have all the rights to kick and ban as I see fit. But if someone says they are new? Then you found a server with a bad admin. Shit happens every game has suffered admin abuse before. Find a new one and try again. Hint. Right now it's best if you don't say you bought ARMA 2 for DayZ or you will probably be shot down. TLDR? Sorry read more books.

Did I mention ARMA 2 is a very great game if your open to it? (offtopic, the engine isn't as bugged to hell as people say it is right now. most of the time dayz exploits it in some weird way=bugs)

PS I didn't read much of the replies so this may or may not make sense. I did read the OP post though so don't kill me! PSS Can you guys tell me when it is safe to join a public server again:P

• Like 1

I'm all for new players, but playing Insurgency, you see alot of new and unskilled players flocking around the vehicles and rather than contributing to the succes of the mission, they seem to do everything they can to slow everyone else down. Trying playing at night, when shitty pilots crashest several aircraft in the AO, their burning wrecks rendering NVGs completely useless. Trying to locate enemy shooter with a dual rotored damn Chinook hovering 2-30 meters above you. Let's not forget about all the friendly fire from vehicle mounted grenadelaunchers, bombs, mortars and rockets.

I'm not saying I agree with the abusive admin in OP's post, I'm just suggesting some players could try a little harder not killing off their own teammates.

Pretty much this. In my own experience, they just ''came to have fun'' and thats cool but them being used to jsut fuck around and feel all self entitled is pissing me off as well and I consider myself far less serious (or butt hurt if you prefer) than others trying to play uber realisticaly.

It comes to details like when you cover your team in humvee craws and little COD f*gg*t just hop in and drives your vehicle right to the enemy nest expecting to pwn some killzz. You can be a sims player for what I care but again, in my own experience its the ''mentality'' that COD players carry on to wherever they decide to play.

I personaly am long time arma player but I can also enjoy BF2 that I've recently reainstalled. Well, its still retarded and somewhat fun but at least even compared to COD requires some kind of teamwork cooperation, whereas COD is just the lowest of low braindead games without any input needed from player, except jumping around and pressing LMB :rolleyeys:

I would be, and Im not kidding, deeply ashamed to even publicly state that I enjoy COD. LMFAO.

Take it as you will COD elite sniperzz

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

You're not fooling anyone. You own every CoD game and enjoy the hell out of them, you just say you don't because it's the current hipster douche thing to hate. People always "hate" the most popular things simply to be contrarians.

You're not fooling anyone. You own every CoD game and enjoy the hell out of them, you just say you don't because it's the current hipster douche thing to hate. People always "hate" the most popular things simply to be contrarians.

was that to me? i never said i didnt own a cod game. in fact i got a good cllection. But i know the difference between a simulator and a fps

was that to me? i never said i didnt own a cod game. in fact i got a good cllection. But i know the difference between a simulator and a fps

It's to all the people who talk down to players of other games.

And simulator... fps... they're both video games, not real life, and shouldn't be taken so seriously. They're definitely not a good enough reason to treat other people as if they're inferior.

• Like 1

Because we play a different game to them, and they didn't find it first. Maybe they want to play but have to justify their current possessions worth idk. Or it's just cognitive dissonance.