brites

Why are dayz players so hated?

I just have to share what happened to me 15 mins ago.

I was playing arma II multiplayer with my friends, where this guy comes insulting me and my friends because we said we were new and that we started playing arma because of dayz.

Being the admin of the server, he started kicking my friends at random and I started an argument with him, but he would only say things like: "There are people who could be doing better in your spot so leaving" with lots of bad words in the middle.

I wonder, why are we hated so much? I bought arma II because of dayz and only played dayz for quite a long time. But now I'm enjoying arma II pretty much and guys like that just make the game experience really bad.

What are your thoughts on that?

They hate us because we have huge penises

EDIT: Except guy below me. I guess he doesn't want one.th_arrow2.png

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 24

Arma2 players are very serious about playing strategic etc. I would guess they view DayZ players as the opposite.

I'd also say being a member of the BI forums and here the forums over there are much different. They have little spats once in awhile but nothing ike the garbage that goes on here. Half the posts here are people cursing and attacking each other the other half random stupid posts It's kiddie land.. It doesn't take a genius to understand why other groups look down on Dayz players..

The guy posting above proved my point perfectly talking about the size of a penis.. Really? You went out of your way to post that?

Edited by RogueOne
  • Like 11

Well I understand why it made him angry. I loved Arma way before DayZ and the idea that people bought Arma solely for DayZ makes me cringe a little inside. So yeah, a lot of Arma veterans are going to take offense to it because it kinda sounds like an insult towards the core game, even if you didn't mean it that way. That being said, I don't think he should have insulted or kicked you as you seem to enjoy Arma as well and were trying to give it a chance, and he took that away.

• Like 4

Arma2 players are very serious about playing strategic etc. I would guess they view DayZ players as the opposite.

I'd also say being a member of the BI forums and here the forums over there are much different. They have little spats once in awhile but nothing ike the garbage that goes on here. Half the posts here are people cursing and attacking each other for every reason known to man. It's kiddie land..

The guy posting above proved my point perfectly talking about the size of a penis.. Really? You went out of your way to post that?

Man I was playing in a purely strategic way, i was cooperating with other people on side channel and then the guy insults me for not know how to operate with one of the bombs of the jet i was flying.... he didnt even try o teach, he just began insulting

Likely, they don't want to deal with casual players. Easiest way to avoid it, don't mention DayZ.

I just mentioned dayz after he said i was a dayz player and insulted us all...

Man I was playing in a purely strategic way, i was cooperating with other people on side channel and then the guy insults me for not know how to operate with one of the bombs of the jet i was flying.... he didnt even try o teach, he just began insulting

Your going to get that too. Not saying you were doing anything wrong or acting stupid. ArmA vets are a little fanatical..

Well I understand why it made him angry. I loved Arma way before DayZ and the idea that people bought Arma solely for DayZ makes me cringe a little inside. So yeah, a lot of Arma veterans are going to take offense to it because it kinda sounds like an insult towards the core game, even if you didn't mean it that way. That being said, I don't think he should have insulted or kicked you as you seem to enjoy Arma as well and were trying to give it a chance, and he took that away.

I think it should be a good thing, as long as vets choose to help newcomers instead of insulting them. I didn't buy arma II before because i had never heard of it. I didn't know there was a military simulator like this. If i knew, i would've bought it.

Arma2 players are very serious about playing strategic etc. I would guess they view DayZ players as the opposite

It's kiddie land.. It doesn't take a genius to understand why other groups look down on Dayz players..

Haters gonna hate, the rest of us will just continue having huge penises.

• Like 2

I'd also say being a member of the BI forums and here the forums over there are much different. They have little spats once in awhile but nothing ike the garbage that goes on here. Half the posts here are people cursing and attacking each other the other half random stupid posts It's kiddie land.. It doesn't take a genius to understand why other groups look down on Dayz players..

It's called a JOKE

You really haven't played Arma before DayZ have you? Every group I've been with has a hate for DayZ players. Most of them make the promise that if DayZ players get interested in Arma, they'll leave, since the games are very different.

I stopped playing Arma, lately, even though it's really fun, this is just newer.

You really haven't played Arma before DayZ have you? Every group I've been with has a hate for DayZ players. Most of them make the promise that if DayZ players get interested in Arma, they'll leave, since the games are very different.

I stopped playing Arma, lately, even though it's really fun, this is just newer.

My point is, just because i bought the game because of dayz that doesn't make me not worth of playing arma... its just plain stupid seing people leave a game because new people arrived.

Look at team fortress 2, it went free, all kinds of kids and stupid teens wandering around. We can't just call them f2p tf2 and kick them out,...

Even though some arma funs are bit elitistic not all of them are this ignorant. My advice: don't bother with bananas who think using mic is for noobs and makes them more of a true virtual soldier and just move on...

There are plenty of servers to choose from, just find one that suits you.

The bottom line if anything is, I would say they probably fear some new wave of newbies coming to arma from COD and ''destroying their servers with their retarded gameplay style or maybe he just imagined himself as recruiter or some shit. Just move on...

Edited by Max Planck
Homophobic slur edited out, looks better now

If CoD players ever come to Arma or DayZ, I'm gone. I've always known the CoD series was cheap and bad quality, but MW3's community has just made me quit, it's awful.

Bullshit. If anything arma players try to encourage to try the core game. Source - their forums

Obviously there will always be butt hurt people that just don't get it. That's not my problem though

If CoD players ever come to Arma or DayZ, I'm gone. I've always known the CoD series was cheap and bad quality, but MW3's community has just made me quit, it's awful.

Agreed. Don't mean to sound as elitist or anything but I truly fookin hate that game and I dislike it's ''community''. Needn't worry though, arma is probably too boring and too tacticool for them to plague arma servers :)

• Like 1

Hipsters gonna hipster.

Then I can go all OG up in this joint & say I played the leaked beta of Operation Flashpoint back in the day.. (of course later bought the full game) Take that you so call; ARMA wannabe leetsters.

I didn't play any of the other games but Arma II always did look interesting, I was playing stuff like Red Orchestra I & II, Aces High II, various FPS & EVE Online.. DayZ brought me back as a customer.

Edited by crockett

ehhhhh sexy lady

NX3RG.gif

I found it to be a slightly annoying that people buy such a great game only for mod (if it were ACE, I'd understand.. but lol).

They've wasted a fair amount of their 30 USD (or 23? USD on last Steam sale), but it is their money, so I don't really care.

Edited by ExESGO

I went straight into ACE mod didn't like regular ArmAII, the community seems better for ACE and lots more teamplay communication and hell I always get new guys in my squad since no one wants to train them up I get them set up with the ACRE radios how to use them how to use the bags, watching their weight how to fire properly and how to move properly. I get about 15 people in my squads avg. so three humm-vees and three fire teams all with call-signs and specialties we will end up playing for 5-6 hours together having tons of fun.

I don't care if you're from DayZ, Vanilla A2, CoD, BF3 but if you have a willing to learn and listen play tactically and not be an ass I love helping new players <3

• Like 10

Before DayZ even came out I was thinking about buying ArmA, and then when DayZ DID come out that just motivated me to go get it. The base game is pretty good. The warfare servers are great.