Maxxgold (DayZ)

DayZ is Dead. Another Server Down (US 687)

My server expires on the 15th (US 687) and our gaming group is done with DayZ. The game is over run with hackers and the Devs of DayZ are complete idiots. Even if they fix this game in the new standalone version I wouldn't support it. Sorry but Rocket is just an elitist jerk and nothing more. He doesn't deserve to be a game developer with the way he has handled the community, the people who actually pay to provide servers. All we have done is support this jerk and all he ever does is shit on us. Good bye and good riddance. I will not waste one dollar on this game ever again.

• Like 2

Some close their servers, other don't respect the rules anymore.

I will not waste one dollar on this game ever again.

DayZ didn't cost you anything.

Devs of DayZ are complete idiots

What, all of them?

Good bye and good riddance.

Indeed.

Edited by Gogster
  • Like 1

Sorry but Rocket is just an elitist jerk and nothing more. He doesn't deserve to be a game developer with the way he has handled the community...

See, I am more excited about DayZ than any other game simply because of how Rocket handles the community. This is the first time I've seen a developer stick to his guns with absolution about the design and content that he envisioned. He's not bending to all the idiots who want to homogenize this game down into some fetid boiled mess of a game that's just a clone of every other game out there. He tells whiners to stop crying and toughen up, he tells the community that he's not going to hold their hand in the game. He shoots self-entitled pricks like you right down and sets you in your place. He'll provide the structure and scaffolding for the community to play DayZ how they want, but he's sure as hell not going to try and "balance" it and make everyone happy fluffy Fischer Price fun time.

He's an amazing guy for it, and I hope more developers follow his lead with ignoring the droves of idiots in the community who think they know what they want. He obviously knows what people want, as the simple mod had exploded in popularity. Let the man execute his vision. It's obviously working. This is not to say people shouldn't offer up ideas, but expecting your ideas to be implemented or demanding that you have influence over the game's design is just elitist. He's demonstrated that he's a good game designer, you've demonstrated that you're a prick. I think I'll let Rocket handle the final calls.

...the people who actually pay to provide servers. All we have done is support this jerk and all he ever does is shit on us.

See, I feel the other way around. I think the server admins who use the "money" excuse are the most self-entitled elitist jerks in the community. I am an admin myself and I pay for my own server. I simply view the expenditure as an entertainment expense for my own personal enjoyment. I do not expect ANYTHING in return simply because I decided I loved the mod enough to pay monthly for a server (and that's all being a server admin means). No one should expect anything in return for it. By becoming a server admin, you're just stating that you're a die hard fan. That's IT. You are not entitled to anything because you're a server admin. You don't get some "Special Vote" in the community. Rocket shouldn't coddle you and ask you if you want a bed time story. Seriously, get out of here you self-entitled prick. I'm glad you're shutting your server down because you obviously aren't a proper admin for the community. Let the rest of us good admins take over from here. Go ahead and spew forth your ocean of tears. Good riddance.

Edited by Venthos
  • Like 5

The attention grabbing headline says it all for me. BTW, it's far from dead, it's not even released yet.

• Like 1

I don't understand why admins don't get any tools against hackers.

I am an admin and I can't do anything against them.

I think we should get some tools to detected who is the hacker and ban him.

Admin abuse? That can be stopped by a report system.

Firstly...well said.... Venthos.

I would like to add.... To each their own. If the shoe does not fit....simply do not wear it.

I look forward to the stand alone and for me, it cannot arrive fast enough.

Hello there

I wish Arma2/IFL was as dead as DAYZ playerwise.

Yes, there are issues and hackers are a pain.

Jumping in to rent a server for an alpha test such as this probably wasn't a great idea. Others here will tell you it's not an easy ride and needs to handled properly.

My suggestion is to visit Arma2, play there 'till the stand alone comes out and wait for reviews.

Plus, normal A2 servers can have zombies and / or survival mods, plus you can lock them with no fear of blacklisting.

Heck, if you're that desperate run DAYZ on a locked private server with your chums. But be prepared to do some research and hard work to get that up and running, no hand holding here.

As to Dean, well, as I've said before, from his posts I don't think he and I will be heading down the pub anytime soon, but he has bought a popular mod to the Arma community, buggy and flawed though it is. Berating him for that is a little silly.

rgds

LoK

I don't understand why admins don't get any tools against hackers.

I am an admin and I can't do anything against them.

I think we should get some tools to detected who is the hacker and ban him.

Admin abuse? That can be stopped by a report system.

Because no such tools can be effectively created. What kind of "tool" are you expecting? The only tool that can effectively curb hacking for the DayZ mod are client-side anti-cheat engines (BattlEye). To make anything server-side that's effective at combating hacking would require substantial ARMA2 engine changes which would break ARMA2 standalone and all non-DayZ ARMA2 mods instantly. That's the situation we've been aware of since the beginning and one of the main reasons for DayZ going standalone -- so that those exact engine changes can be performed.

OP,

Ciao!

------------------------

Ventos,

Beans!

-----------------------

MrKaliwhatchamajigger,

Google (and the DayZMod forum) is your friend. You have the tools. Unfortunately they won't detect script kiddies (and let's face it, they're not hackers) before they use their scripts. You can only catch them AFTER they've used a script. Until that point the best you can do is be a fair and proactive admin and gain the trust of your player base.

Lol at most of the responses. Yeah a guy who creates a mod for the community and then tries to act like Adolph Hitler with it. We all realize it's an Alpha but seriously why am I supporting an Alpha where as a server operator I have no control. If you don't run or operate a server then see yourself out of the discussion because you have no clue how hard it is to run a server over run with cheaters and hackers. All Rocket has to say is,,, that you can ban cheaters and hackers,,,but no.. all this guy lets you do is ban people who use racist comments,,Give me a break.