mio.rogvall@gmail.com

DayZ players should have the courtesy to play Arma2 at least once or twice.

post-149-0-09241700-1347660490_thumb.jpg

I love reading this shit.

Both sides are fucken retarted.

One trying to Convince another that they should play the Base game, and the other trying to defend his "DayZ"

Play both and get fucken over it, for the love of god.

Edited by ledo1222

The massive assumption that we all like war games is wrong

I looked at arma 2 and hated it from 30 secs in so i shut it off and still play DayZ

And just to clarify, Im a member of the DayZ community not arma regardless that we use the same engine etc does not mean we are the same community.

And arma2 wouldnt have all those sales on its own m8, DayZ did that.

Even when arma 3 comes out i would not play it, i came here only for DayZ nothing else.

Yr so funny.

Dayz is a mod for Arma 2. You are playing Arma 2. The massive assumption that you know what you are talking about is wrong.

And just to clarify, without the amazing engine that BIS produced many years ago, you wouldn't have a Dayz community to proclaim that you are a part of. Just because you are a sheep and go where the flock goes, does not mean there is not a great shepherd directing you there.

• Like 2

First time I played Arma 2, my first response wasn't "Wow, this is hard." It was, "Huh, this game has potential if it could work out the gun mechanics and the enemy AI."

Then I realized it came out in 2009.

So...fuck that.

Or that yes! Some people may find ArmA to complicated and give up without experiencing the game.

Players are "dumbed down" by overly polished games, influenced by the marketing hype and price tags.

Some recent releases easily stand out as examples: D3, GW2, BF3, etc.

It's fairly simple to sell a game nowadays, copy someone elses idea, make a eye-catching web page, a free 2 play system and any mediocre dev. team can shit out a "game" (warz).

So yeah, it's likely that alot of gamers find ArmA excessive because it's to "complex".

Yes! Had people played Arma 2 five-three years ago there would be a large difference in this "complexity" issue. (Do note I do know Arma 2 wasn't even out five years ago, but just saying you know)

@BazBake - The gun mechanics are fine, and they're just like in DayZ.

Edited by Kuningas

I, like more than a few hundred thousand others bought Arma 2 for Dayz, without the mod I would've had no interest in buying Arma, but mainly because it slipped under my radar and I'm not that big on simulators, as such. However, now because of Dayz I'll be looking to buy both the standalone and Arma 3 when they get released. So that makes 3 new purchases for BI due to one mod and I'm just wondering if you Arma elitists will continue complaining as much when all the extra revenue that Dayz has created gets pumped back into new BI games. I'm damn sure nobody at the company itself has a bad word to say about it, considering it's estimated at being around 20% of Arma 2s total sales in just a few months. Plus some of you guys seem to forget that a player wakes up on the beach as a survivor, a normal Joe, so to be able to lift an AS50 and rain hell down on Cherno from a mile out seems to be pretty 'unbelievably' fookin good, let alone be expected to get into a helicopter and fly it!. Surely playing Arma 2 to learn how to play Dayz actually takes away from the surviving simulation experience the mod is trying to achieve and in that respect, wouldn't that mean it's a bad idea for new Dayz players to try it. Actually, it could then be argued that all you guys from Arma that are bitching are technically cheating in Dayz because you're all ex military, but yet you still wake up unarmed on the beach like the rest of us untrained civis....so what sort of an eejit does that make you?. Anyway, at the end of the day it's only a game, how about winding your necks in and stop taking it so fookin seriously, because if nothing else, it's your attitudes on here that is the main thing putting me off playing Arma.

Edited by BeanMachine
  • Like 1

First time I played Arma 2, my first response wasn't "Wow, this is hard." It was, "Huh, this game has potential if it could work out the gun mechanics and the enemy AI."

Then I realized it came out in 2009.

So...fuck that.

What a douche you sound like. If you refuse to play a game simply because its got a few years then you are part of the ignorant console crowd.

What a douche you sound like. If you refuse to play a game simply because its got a few years then you are part of the ignorant console crowd.

Quit calling everyone some sort of pathetic insult just because they don't share your love and/or appreciation for ArmA - it makes you sound just as ignorant as you claim others to be. He didn't say he refuses to play the game "simply because" it's got a few years under its belt and he certainly didn't make comparisons to any console's performance. He noted the game had some real potential (and that's a good thing, last time I checked) but he also suggested he prefers a game that handles gun mechanics and enemy AI better; that's two quite specific reasons to not be in love with the game that's more than simply saying "wah, it was made in 2009." It's an indication of the limitations of the game, because it's now three years old and, whether you like it or not, game technology does actually improve over years with new versions being made and realised to address these sorts of limitations - it's the entire reason why ArmaA II exists in the first place and why ArmA III is coming soon; if it was purely about new content being released to implement into an 'already perfect' system, you'd be talking about ArmA with simple expansion packs instead.

• Like 2

I dont even need to read your post to tell you, you're an idiot.

Ive played Arma 2 btw, but no, no one has to play Arma 2 to play DayZ. :)

• Like 1

I read your post, looked at your avatar, and confirmed you're an idiot.

No one has said that you "have to" play Arma 2. I just said they should.

This whole thing about "you can't force other people to play games" Well guess what. I'm not forcing ANYONE. I'm making a post on a forum, not instilling a dictatorship. Get a grip.

Have really very little interest in playing a military sim. If I'm gonna play a military shooter, I'm gonna play Battlefield 3 cause I'm going to have more fun with that. I might poke ARMA2 once, but I really saw nothing interesting about ARMA2, but DayZ enticed me for being a survival shooter online with perma-death and have really enjoyed the mod, problems and all.

by now i reckon its worth waiting for Arma 3, rather than getting into Arma 2. though it would help folks to understand how little work went into the mod..

• Like 1

I tried to play the base game but kept on dying on the initial training course. Having made several attempts to get through it I then thought 'FUCK THIS FOR A GAME OF SOLDIERS!'

I'll try again when ARMA 3 comes out.

This is what i read on the message boards and reddit "Rocket made Chernarus map" "Standalone will look awesome with Arma 3 engine" "Takistan is a community map". "Why do you not need do install anything for the Utes map?" No, no and no. They are all wrong. It seems Dayz community is infested with a virus of its own. Ignorance. It spreads like wildfire.

First of all people dont seem to realie that there is another game called Arma 2 that is a lot of fun on your computer. and if you even bothered to look in the menus in Arma and not go straight for the DayZ Servers you would find that there are about 6 maps for Arma and Chernarus Takistan, Utes are some of them. If you even touched Arma 2 you would realize this. Also it is ignorant to not play Arma 2 once or twice because you are now part of the arma community as of playing the game. Whether you like it or not.

Another thing that irks me is the constant complaintabout bugs and clunky UI. I played Arma 2 extensivy over the last month or so and i have NEVER and EVER had issues with bugs, UI or anything of that sort. Why? Because the UI works for Arma 2. What is an issue in DayZ is not an issue in arma 2. That's because BI made the engine to fir their OWN game. Weird idea, right? So go play some Arma, then come back and see if you have a broader perspective of the bugs in the engine. Then try to make a post about how "Rocket should fix duping" and how "Rocket made a shitty UI" and not try to look completely rediculous. You can't. Most of the threads in this forum is a biproduct of ignorance, lack of understanding and miseducation about what Arma2 is and how is works. This is a rant but it doesn't mean im hating, do not hate back.

Look, DayZ is limited as it stands. Arma2 has a lot of fun mods and game modes such as Insurgency and Warfare. Go try them if you are bored with DayZ, which i know everyone is. Even if you didn't like it, You will have a lot more suvivability now that you understand how the engine works, and got a better aim from all the PVP. There are no downsides.

Sincerely. DayZ and Arma2 player.

no.

I bought Arma CO last night initially just for DayZ and ended up playing 8 hours solid on Arma 2!! Having tried the OA demo I didn't think I would like it but the multiplayer server I was on last night was amazing. Once away from the TK'ers at the main base there was a small group of others I joined and we pretty much played as a team for most of the night. I only gave up at 4am as I knew the missus would be fuming anyway and I didn't want to make it any worse :D

I'm still going to download DayZ but I'm so glad I tried Arma 2 first. Its a shame about all the hackers in DayZ I keep hearing about - although if it makes it unplayable then I know I've got an excellent game to fall back on.

Hello from the new guy by the way!

• Like 1

ArmA II is boring and filled with people who take the game too seriously, also I cant stand games where combat takes place at "real" distances, like the Op Flashpoint games, shooting at tiny black specks on the horizon is no fun, especially when the same tiny black specks can fire back with pinpoint accuracy. Thats normally why the first thing I do is teamkill my sniper and take his scoped weapons >.>

The single player is quite fun though, if somewhat clunky and not very noob friendly. I cant play Op Arrowhwead singleplayer for shit though, I have no idea what Im doing and the AI is retarded, my entire squad gets killed in seconds then Im expected to go it alone and figure out what to do.

As an Arma veteran, playing OFP - Arma1 and now arma2, unfortunately that pinpoint accuracy still exists (and it's annoying as fuck!). The other thing the OP fails to understand is that the UI is total crap, as are the controls. Never in a game have I been more irritated by shitty animation loops, getting stuck in things (am I made of fucking glue), shot in the face at 300 yards by a pistol and a UI that was so poorly designed that to get all the different options for attachments on a rifle means a weapon crate has to nearly stretch to infinity. Bad clunky controls just make you feel like ur playing an invalid or something don't help either. The human body is a fluid thing after all.

That being said, the game still rocks and mods such as ACE make it more so (as does playing with a good group of people). AFAIC SP sucks. MP coop/pvp is where the fun is at and I would recommend it.

I've played Arma II a little to better familiarize myself with the controls without being thrown into an apocalyptic world of death.

But the voice acting, oh god the voice acting...

• Like 1

Well if people are saying "I don't like a military game but I like Zombies", I don't see why anybody should have an issue with that? Different people, different taste, relax please. Funny thing is, for me it was the opposite, when I first heard of DayZ I was like "Zombies in my beloved Arma, WTF!", and I refused playing DayZ for some months. Once I started, I got hooked in in the first five minutes.

The only thing that is really pissing me of is people who complain how crappy the engine is when they cleary have no idea of what this engine is capable of and what its limits are. It is not a coincidence that DayZ emerged on this engine.

Also, there might be some guys that got bored of dayz but that are able to get some more fun out of their money with the base game or other mods. I mean, you already paid, there is nothing to loose anymore by just giving it a try.

Edited by Gerty
  • Like 1

Also it is ignorant to not play Arma 2 once or twice because you are now part of the arma community as of playing the game. Whether you like it or not.

Go try them if you are bored with DayZ, which i know everyone is.

Sincerely. DayZ and Arma2 player.

Hypocrisy. Love it.

You know the thoughts and feelings of everyone who has ever played DayZ? 1.2 million people? Wow, didn't know your brain was a super computer. You will never even meet 1.2 million people, so to process the thoughts and feelings of 1.2 million people must sure take a hell of a lot of work. Lets all bow down to our new overlord, Goldeen 9000.

People who bitch about how no one is playing thier game right are jsut as usless as those who constatnly bitch about how broken DayZ is.

Face it, DayZ is consistatnly marketed by the media (not this team) as a complete game, people arent expecting bugs and arent interested in military simulators, that does not make them stupid, ignorant, or not part of the community. They bought into something else.

I played Flashpoint back in the day and bought ARMA 1, but honestly I was quite tired of military sims... personally the mismatched in game troop dialogue just made me cringe.

However DayZ is fun in lots of different ways.

But if you have some buddies who have not played ARMA 2 i highly reccommend getting a Diplomacy Fails server going, its hella fun, link explains the game mode

http://community.bis...arfare_2_Manual

Edited by Shagohad