What's your preferred outfit? I was wondering which one provides better concealment. I suppose the ghillie would be better when you're standing still or lying down, but what about when you're moving around? Would it still be better than the camo clothing?

Also, I think the L85 should not be in the game. It nullifies all efforts of being sneaky and camouflaging yourself.

Edited by eadgar
  • Like 1

I like the look of the camo so will use that, ghillie is way better to conceal your location though.

• Like 1

Ghille all the way to the bank, although as you said, it can be made redundant if you bump into the wrong guy.

What's your preferred outfit? I was wondering which one provides better concealment. I suppose the ghillie would be better when you're standing still or lying down, but what about when you're moving around? Would it still be better than the camo clothing?

Also, I think the L85 should not be in the game. It nullifies all efforts of being sneaky and camouflaging yourself.

That rifle has enough drawbacks that it seems fair. Loud, useless in close quarters, limited effective range. Once duping is fixed in standalone, I don't think it will be an issue.

the main issue with those weapons is the duping..if they'd be rare as supposed..then i'd like to see batteries implemented for all the electronic devices.

i like the camo outfit much more than the ghillie suit. anyway i suggest you to bring the civilian clothing so you can switch

EVERYTHING in a game should have at least one weakness. The thermal scopes are that of the ghillie and camo outfits. Removing it would make the ghillie overpowered. Imagine how many threads we'd get from the crybabies then!!

Edit: I use ghillie, although I do like my hero suit.

Edited by Jim Bean

camo has more of a bad arse character feel to it.. but if your serious ghillie suit is the professional way to go I dare say.. i would love to see more skins maaan

We find in our Clan that Ghille is awesome if sitting in a bush 24/7 but camo is much better for running around in the woods etc.

I prefer the ghillie because it, as Smash stated, conceals you far better.

I use ghillie usually, unless I plan on going into a city area, or buildings, then I would prefer camo or civilian.

The L85 is fine, it's really only good for scanning the area, otherwise it's pretty much meh.

I like the look of the camo so will use that, ghillie is way better to conceal your location though.

i would rather go with camo, ghillies are pointless unless the person is close to you. the grass disappears after such a short distance someone will notice you prone somewhere very easily. also camo looks great when you have a black guy skin.

I use ghillie usually, unless I plan on going into a city area, or buildings, then I would prefer camo or civilian.

The L85 is fine, it's really only good for scanning the area, otherwise it's pretty much meh.

And that's the thing, you scan an area, spot someone, pull our your DMR if you feel like it and you're good. And for close quarters town exploring you have an M9 SD.

I know the L85 sucks for close quarters, but as long as soon as you've spotted someone you can switch the scope to normal NV and shoot them more easily without switching the weapon. It's really accurate if you have the zeroing right.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. I'll keep some camo clothing in my bag for when I'm entering towns.

But that is the main gripe folks have againts it. It make spotting people so freakishly easy peasy, it's like autoaim but for spotting.

And once you spot somebody nothing can stop you from putting your AS50 or DMR out of the backpack and....

I would be all for issuing this weapon to people with severely damaged eye sight though so they can play, sorts of like giving crutch to old people.

• Like 1

Against untrained eyes (or people with L85s and urban situations), the ghillie is useless.

Camo is a good all rounder, allows you to "blend" in both urban and field situations. Although it is a case of "jack of all, master of none".

If the soldier outfit was legitimately in the game, I'd pick that over both outfits hands down. It has the same level of camouflage as the camo outfit (possibly more, can't remember) and it even has a helmet (which I've always hated about the camo outfit for not having any head wear).

Edited by Deetwo
  • Like 2