Per Ole

FN FAL or AKM?

FN Fal 8k AKM 4.5K Theyre both loud and they'll attract zombies either way so i would go with the FN FAL. If you're low on ammo just use it till you find an AKM or you can always do the naughty thing...

This is like the first intellectual thing I've ever seen you post. It's usually nonsense gobbledygook.

But I agree, I can't stand the AK-74 or Kobra, it's like 3 shot zed kill and who knows for a human.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/90140-using-hacked-weapons-may-give-you-global-ban/page__st__20

Your post was "mhm". That's not even a reply...

You also have 0 topics, 500+ posts, and your rating is 1/5 beans.

It's obvious you're a troll, but nobody until now has confronted you about it.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/90140-using-hacked-weapons-may-give-you-global-ban/page__st__20

Your post was "mhm". That's not even a reply...

You also have 0 topics, 500+ posts, and your rating is 1/5 beans.

So a sarcastic reply about someone not being a cheater is nonsense now is it?

And the fact I've not made a topic has no bearing on anything.

Think I'm a troll all you like, but at least try not to be a hypocrite eh.

Edited by Dankine

So a sarcastic reply about someone not being a cheater is nonsense now is it?

And the fact I've not made a topic has no bearing on anything.

Think I'm a troll all you like, but at least try not to be a hypocrite eh.

Find someone on this forum that doesn't think you're a troll, or stupid, or annoying, and actually respects the posts you make.

Find someone on this forum that doesn't think you're a troll, or stupid, or annoying, and actually respects the posts you make.

Sorry, my self worth isn't rooted in what others think of me. Even if it were, it most certainly wouldn't have anything to do with the opinions of people on a forum.

Hypocrite.

Btw, I get nearly 2x the beans per post you do. So there you go, those are the people you're asking about.

Edited by Dankine

Sorry, my self worth isn't rooted in what others think of me. Even if it were, it most certainly wouldn't have anything to do with the opinions of people on a forum.

Hypocrite.

Btw, I get nearly 2x the beans per post you do. So there you go, those are the people you're asking about.

Everyone can get beans. And yeah, everyone's got hypocricy in them one way or another.

And what did I even post that makes me a hypocrite?

Wait... that's trolling. Moving on...

Strictly between the FAL and the AKM I would choose a FAL, stock up on ammo, use said ammo then find another AKM.

HOWEVER, I would choose a Remington 870 over those two because chances are you're not likely to drop the wrath of gawd with an AKM or FAL past 300 meters. Sure you could be a badass with hawkeyes and a 40" monitor thus allowing you the ability to pwnz a noob at 800m with an AKM, but most of us are not that guy.

The Remington is quiet, good for in-city fighting , good up to 250m with slugs, and does 8000 blood damage with slugs, ammo is plentiful, it can destroy the pesky benches in the NWAF barracks with a few pellet rounds, has a flashlight, pellets can be an insta-player-kill, slugs are sub-sonic so players don't hear the distinct CRACK if you miss, and slugs knock players on their arse with broken bones with a five minute timer.

I've killed many an assault rifle wielding bandit with a Remington because they underestimate the power of slugs.

Edited by Pook

Everyone can get beans. And yeah, everyone's got hypocricy in them one way or another.

So, my rating in beans is apparently important. But, people enjoying my posts (and therefore giving me beans) isn't? Makes sense. Not to mention the fact you give out to me about the beans rating, handily ignoring the fact yours is zero...

Not to worry, you could try poking fun at the fact I've no forum friends.

(The word is hypocrisy btw, but it's ok. You lot aren't known for your education)

And what did I even post that makes me a hypocrite?

Took your time...

This is like the first intellectual thing I've ever seen you post. It's usually nonsense gobbledygook.
Back in my day, we wore an onion on our belt, because that was the style in those days!

Pretty much the definition of being a hypocrite.

Edited by Dankine

So, my rating in beans is apparently important. But, people enjoying my posts (and therefore giving me beans) isn't? Makes sense. Not to mention the fact you give out to me about the beans rating, handily ignoring the fact yours is zero...

(The word is hypocrisy btw, but it's ok. You lot aren't known for your education)

Took your time...

Pretty much the definition of being a hypocrite.

Well thanks for telling me, but the thread title just made me think of the Simpsons.

And thanks for telling me the correct spelling.

And mine rating is zero because no one has bothered to rate it. If yours is one, then that means someone has taken the time just to tell everyone else that this user is bad, or a troll, or stupid, or whatever the reason.

And I don't know who "my lot" is. You mean the middle-class Caucasian with a decent education?

And I don't know who "my lot" is. You mean the middle-class Caucasian with a decent education?

Don't start pointless flame wars on an internet forum and then lump yourself in with the rest of us. The decency of your education seems rather questionable, considering you have been insulting, trolling, and unable to back up your initial statement thus far.

You said he posts nonsensical gobbledygook, and your example is a post of him saying "mhm"?

You are the troll here.

The FN FAL is my favourite gun in the game.

I also <3 the AKM, so I'll usually have both, but If I found a different primary and wanted it, the AKM would go before the FAL.

It's also extremely satisfying getting a head-shot with it because of the kick and the sound.

It might not be the best gun in the game, but it's definitely my favourite. :)

Don't start pointless flame wars on an internet forum and then lump yourself in with the rest of us. The decency of your education seems rather questionable, considering you have been insulting, trolling, and unable to back up your initial statement thus far.

You said he posts nonsensical gobbledygook, and your example is a post of him saying "mhm"?

You are the troll here.

Hah. If I wanted to bother researching through his Posts, I could find plenty, I've seen them around on various topics.

Actually, my first post was about me agreeing with him, and showing my astonishment that this is literally the first post that I have seen (notice the opinion, and I'm not saying it's a fact) that isn't random replies.

I know my next post is me saying that he is a troll, making it seem like a fact and not an opinion, but you can't say you haven't done anything that made you a hypocrite.

Edited by Welch

Hah. If I wanted to bother researching through his Posts, I could find plenty, I've seen them around on various topics.

Actually, my first post was about me agreeing with him, and showing my astonishment that this is literally the first post that I have seen (notice the opinion, and I'm not saying it's a fact) that isn't random replies.

I know my next post is me saying that he is a troll, making it seem like a fact and not an opinion, but you can't say you haven't done anything that made you a hypocrite.

True, I can't say that. I can say that I don't use that as a justification for my wrongdoings though.

True, I can't say that. I can say that I don't use that as a justification for my wrongdoings though.

I admitted that I was wrong, too.

I admitted that I was wrong, too.

BURN. BURN FOREVER.

Edited by Angel_

BURN. BURN FOREVER.

Oh no! The one of few people who admits they're wrong! Punish him!

But you liars, you can go off and do what liars do :)

What in the flying fuck does your guys pointless arguing have to do with the subject of this thread?

Grow a pair and move on, FFS.

• Like 1

AKM for sure. I do not look for PvP action at all. I do not want to kill anyone unless I am forced to.

AKM ammo is much more plentiful. It is probably my favorite rifle right now.

FNL is cool but good luck finding ammo to last long. And it's loud as hell.

What is your play style? You'll find your answer there.

AKM is my favorite for it's ability to both kill zombies and players with ease and it isn't too loud. You can also zero it in up to 800 meters (though hitting a target at that range with the iron sights takes some practice) so it's a very versatile weapon that does good damage.

The FN FAL I haven't ever had the chance to use. But from what I've researched, it does even more damage at the cost of being louder, having more recoil, MUCH rarer ammo, and (I think) the inability to zero in the way the AKM does.

So overall, I'd personally choose the AKM for it's flexibility but if you have a group then the FN FAL may be the best since you can afford to specialize your weapons more than usual.

Edited by Professional N00b

I would never consider a weapon where ammunition only could be found at heli crashes. FAL is a trophy weapon. I like the AKM for the large damage it does, brings down zombies nicely at range. For close work, I always use a .45 sidearm, as it OHKO civie zombies with little apparent noise.

AKM, best open sights in game (FAL's sites are god awful, take half your screen), ammo is plentiful abd it looks damn cool as a bonus!

The AKM is definitely the more practical gun. In fact it's probably the #1 most practical/useful gun in the game. It's got good power, zeroing, and very plentiful ammo.

From a pure aesthetic/preference standpoint, the FN FAL is my favorite gun in the game: massive damage, 20 round mag, semi or burst, and the firing sound is ridiculously awesome. Seriously, it sounds like a cannon, and it does as much damage as most sniper rifles but has only iron sights, very manly.

However, as mentioned upthread, FAL mags only drop at crashed helicopters, and sometimes not even at those, generally making it one of the least practical guns in the game. And the M14 AIM basically does everything the FAL does but better, while being only slightly less manly.

At the end of the day I'd still take the FAL, especially if it came with a good amount of ammo, and either keep the AKM in my backpack or drop it if necessary. Another good thing about the AKM is that the gun itself is relatively common, so you'll find another one at some point.

The AKM does 4500 blood per bullet, but has less kick and is quieter than the FN FAL. The FN FAL does a kick ass 8000 blood per bullet (yes that's a two bullet kill). But on the downside the FN FAL has a decent amount of kick and is significantly louder than the AKM. I would personally go with the FN FAL because of its power. But if I had a choice I would always take a M14 AIM because it too does 8000 blood but it has a CCO sight, and has less kick.

why not DMR. they are basically the same rifle. the DMR got a better scope and longer barrel. but it is not that great for CQB