HamTheBacon

How to set my server to allow custom skins?

I want to make my server allow custom skins but everytime i try to wear one on my own server it kicks me for using to big of a custom file, how to allow cusom files of custom face sizes?

Well, im not going to post it here just google it and you will find it easy enough.

Edit, Why won't i post it? because i don't want another Forum ban already had 2. ( Private hive's get black listed )

Edited by Authentic92

sooo...are custom skins considered a hack? Would you be banned on a public server? I have seen them.

I never plan on releasing it to the public, its my own server that i can do what i want on and still play dayz, so i can play with my friends without fear of hackers coming around and killing me, or taking/blowing up my cars, i just want to allow custom faces, i tried googling it but it just says here is how you add a custom face to your guy, not how to allow them on servers, PM me with how you allow it or add me on skype and tell me, my skype is MalganisUO

It's in the config file, cfgdayz/arma2.cfg > MaxCustomFileSize=0

Change that 0 to whatever filesize limit you want to allow, I think it's in bytes.

sooo...are custom skins considered a hack? Would you be banned on a public server? I have seen them.

Nope, it's just a server setting left over from ArmA 2.

Nope, it's just a server setting left over from ArmA 2.

oh so custom skins are allowed?

Hullo there

Custom skins and sounds are legal, but many servers disallow them due to bandwidth and annoyance factors.

*some* servers, A2 ones included, usually insist the file is under 96kb max.

I hope this helps.

Rgds

LoK