Eazy-Makaveli

Theres nothing to do in DayZ

I hope you are being sarcastic

Hello there

He is.

Ultimate end game = ban.

rgds

LoK

its not? what about an immediate goal? Or can you at least tell me where pvp is on the list of goals?

Common goals in DayZ (not in any particular order, or goals that HAVE to be followed):

• Acquire hatchet + matches + hunting knife + water bottle
  • Acquire gun + ammo
  • Visit NWAF
  • Visit Stary Sobor
  • Acquire helicopter
  • Survive as long as possible

Edited by omgwtfbbq

I enjoy the survival portion of the game as well as exploring. In a month I still haven't seen all the different places.

I have a buddy who plays once in a while and it is fun to find him across the map and then help him with how the game works.

Take noobs under your wing and rack up z kills in interesting ways. That should keep you occupied.

Climb to the top of light houses and throw flares, follow people around saying Giggity, no end to fun and funny possibilities. Building a safe camp should be the actual end game. See how big an army you can get with vehicle and helicopters and take the war to the zombies until you kill 10,000. Go all military clearing cherno or elektro of all zombies and see how long you can hold it with large groups of players. Make your own airfield and ammo dump. If you do any of this, I'll help.

Whoop!!

Edited by islandjack1

Common goals in DayZ (not in any particular order, or goals that HAVE to be followed):

• Acquire hatchet + matches + hunting knife + water bottle
  • Acquire gun + ammo
  • Visit NWAF
  • Visit Stary Sobor
  • Acquire helicopter
  • Survive as long as possible

Actually, I would probably list 'acquire some sort of vehicle aside from chopper' somewhere in there. But I agree.

I am interested to hear what you did to increase your FPS in cities! If you would be so kind as to enlighten me OP, I would be greatly appreciative.

I get decent frames in cities and the game in general, but not enough to where I can accurately shoot if need be. This has been ok for my style of play (generally avoid confrontation if I can help it, I don't need to rain on anyone else's parade and the reverse) but if there is some magical tactic you used, i'd like to get in on it. Would make the game all the more fun.

~Azgaurd

I am interested to hear what you did to increase your FPS in cities! If you would be so kind as to enlighten me OP, I would be greatly appreciative.

I get decent frames in cities and the game in general, but not enough to where I can accurately shoot if need be. This has been ok for my style of play (generally avoid confrontation if I can help it, I don't need to rain on anyone else's parade and the reverse) but if there is some magical tactic you used, i'd like to get in on it. Would make the game all the more fun.

~Azgaurd

You see, it kind of depends on how many people are actually in the city at the time, too. Because if you're the only one, then all of the zombies are going to be running off your computer therefore less FPS.

DayZ obviously isn't a game for you. Like was said, play ArmA 2. You know, the game you bought to play this mod? They have a box of weapons there waiting for you when you spawn and you can pick yours from dozens of different ones. And you can parachute right where the action is, maybe even teleport, if theres an MHQ deployed near the AO. Or perhaps just play Ca.. ehh.. ..other games.

Use your imagination. With such an infinite array of equipment, locations, options and freedom, how can you ever say that. This is the first game in a genre which will now define gaming. If you do not like it... then you are going to be extremely disappointed for the next few years.

Sorry to be like this. I know I hate it when people reply like this to my own posts, but what you said is just completely and utterly wrong.

In DayZ you have to make the challenges for yourself. Like finding a car, setting up a camp, gather a heap of guns and ammo.

And PvP is only fun when you're trying to kill people that have equal or better gear to you. Sitting ontop of a building sniping fresh spawned people is not fun as they can not fight back. If you have any friends that play DayZ, team up with them. It much more fun to play with people then to play by yourself. Unless you're one of the people who enjoy being a lone wolf.

I have to say the 'End game' challenge is finding a repair a helicopter.

Try getting some basic gear such as; Some sort of Ak, M1911, M24 or a CZ550 and snipe the bandits that kill the newly spawned players at eletro or cherno. Then head north and try take on the snipers in Stary and the NWAF.

Also if you only play on server that have 5-10 people its nowhere near as fun as playing on a 40-50 player server.

well honestly that 'end-game' is being horded by many admins and/or clans. sure some people get lucky and find one, but it's not a realistic goal on some servers

You are kidding, me and my team mates where bored whilst waiting for our new server to come online so we each went to a different server looking for a chopper on Skalisty island, well it turned up on all three servers we checked so we simply picked one server dragged our gear there, flew the chopper for a while, parked it up near the NE airfield and BANG the server auto-restarts and we lost the Heli.

If you treat this like just another combat game, you're gonna have a bad time.

Let the game take control and immerse yourself, try to actually be in your character's position. You're washed ashore in a country you've never been before, there's zombies everywhere, and the constant threat of others like you, who may be out to kill you, and could be watching you right now.

Feel the pressure of the possibility that someone kills you at any given moment.