Seelenschnitter

Cheating itself

Honeymoon's over, lots of us have already enjoyed DayZ to it's fullest and when we play, we play on low pop servers to avoid the ten year olds. We're hanging in there, waiting for the Standalone, which don't need ArmA2's openness enginewise, because all it's has to do is DayZ. One the other hand ArmA has to allow scripting, because that's what makes ArmA so aweseom, the same awesomeness that allowed Rocket this great platform for DayZ.

Some dissagrees about ArmA's greatness, but without ArmA there would have been any DayZ for a loong long time. You'd have to wait for WarZ, which by the way might not have happened without DayZ either. :D

Yea some people advocate breaking arma to fix dayz without realizing the same weakness that makes it easy to inject scripts is the strength that led to dayz and other awesome mods (takistan life comes to mind). Dayz is a victim of its own success, with so many players coupled with arma script friendly platform attracted scripters. It seems like this will just persist until standalone is able to reduce the problem (hackers will always hack, but it will be harder and easier to detect).

I see both sides here, but your kidding your self to think and game/mod that has made it this far is not about money! Money is what drives there world, money is what made this mod what it is.

This is why this is called "Alpha" or "Beta" (depends on who you ask), because problems like hacking, loop holes and exploits are there for cheaters to use. This is the testing phase.

And yes when the Standalone comes out you will have to buy it. When you bought Arma 2 you where not paying for Dayz, you where paying for Arma 2. The mod is free at this point.

Now granted i agree that BE has its short comings and many in this community could do a better job in there spare time, but like what was said above. Knowledge is not free. There going to make money, why shouldnt anyone that has a fix make money also?

But at the end of the day all of these endless threads about hacking and bugs and exploits get knowone anywhere, As Max said people would like to use the forums for something other then this.

Edited by Goonsquad

The standalone comes from the same company that have SOLD to me Arma2. To have the cheater issue addressed i have to give em more money?

You bought arma2 and you payed for that. If you want dayz, you'll have to pay for that too. Buying an apple does not give you a free banana.

There's no "other" things.. the game is totally ruined by cheaters. The number of threads about the cheater is the indicator of how huge is the problem, they should give to it the top priority, instead of making another game with the same issue... oh wait, i forgot.. MONEY!

Yes, there are other things. People are discussing them as we speak. I have played since the end of May and I have only been server-mass-killed once. No thunderdome, I have never even seen a hacked weapon (up close at least).

Some servers are a lot worse than others when it comes to being targeted by cheaters.

And since my point seem to have missed you: The fact that you are having a bad time in DayZ does not give you the right to ruin the forum for other people.

The fact that you are having a bad time in DayZ does not give you the right to ruin the forum for other people.

Why can't people see this?

I found a burger on the floor earlier. I'm going to complain to McDonald's though because it didn't have cheese in it.

I found a burger on the floor earlier. I'm going to complain to McDonald's though because it didn't have cheese in it.

That's actually a great prank call idea. Thank you.

• Like 1

PPL don't know what server join... hacker only rulez in a server without a good admstaff

You bought arma2 and you payed for that.

Yes, and i'm asking to handle the issue there today before moving to another product that will use the same engine (coz removing the script wouldn't eliminate the cheaters). Otherwise i will end to spend more money for another game full of cheaters.

Yes, and i'm asking to handle the issue there today before moving to another product that will use the same engine (coz removing the script wouldn't eliminate the cheaters). Otherwise i will end to spend more money for another game full of cheaters.

Merely making DayZ standalone will get rid of a lot of scripters. They don't have to solve it in the mod first before solving it in Standalone.

This is a free mod, you don't hear the Arma folks complaining that they have the ability to create their own content. Not the same engine a modified version of the engine. Please by all means go play another game.

By your logic tho if You run a company, you make money with it, if you want their competence to improve the product (making more fun for you), you must PAY them. (Stand alone > free mod)

Merely making DayZ standalone will get rid of a lot of scripters. They don't have to solve it in the mod first before solving it in Standalone.

I'm referring to the no-script cheats.. that are worse than those scripted ones. Those cheats must be "fight" putting their hands into the engine a/o adopting a serious anticheat (not that joke called BE), that's why i'm asking to take care of the problem today, or we will end to have the final game with the same problem (not scripters, but tons of cheaters anyway).

The current number of cheaters is ruining the game dynamics, so it's not helping the players (neither the developers) to give a direction to the final game, everyone is just playing it as a "traditional shooters" because there's nothing else to do.. since you're going to die no matter what, because of a cheater.

This is a free mod, you don't hear the Arma folks complaining that they have the ability to create their own content. Not the same engine a modified version of the engine. Please by all means go play another game.

By your logic tho if You run a company, you make money with it, if you want their competence to improve the product (making more fun for you), you must PAY them. (Stand alone > free mod)

By my logic if i gave my money to a company that is unable to handle a problem, i won't trust their words (promises) until they PROVE they are capable of doing now what they have failed to do previously + (see my previous post).

PS: and about "modified engine", my idea is that it will be this same engine with minor tweaks and stripped out (hidden) scripting... unless you have more informations.

By my logic if i gave my money to a company that is unable to handle a problem, i won't trust their words (promises) until they PROVE they are capable of doing now what they have failed to do previously + (see my previous post).

PS: and about "modified engine", my idea is that it will be this same engine with minor tweaks and stripped out (hidden) scripting... unless you have more informations.

You gave Rocket squat, BIS should not change Arma 2 at the source to sedate the complaints of a free mod community. Rocket is not BIS (Dayz was done in his spare time but yes BIS made money off + Rocket got a difficult job set in his lap) We are getting a game, if you are to thick to think these problems can and will be addressed in the GAME, then by all means go elsewhere, wait, continue to complain. I can give a rats ass about your idea, complaints, imagined expertise on the VR engine. You proved nothing to me other then you feel know better then those with a inner knowledge of the VR engine. If the cheating persists after the standalone then come back and wave your "I"M RIGHT AND SMART AND AND AWESOME!" flag. Until we see the true game none of know shit. The mod is not the same as the game, learn it, live it, love it.

Edited by Pendragon

The problem affects Arma2.. this is nothing to do with the "mod". If you believe that DayZ (the game) will be based on something completely different (and i'm not talking about the scripting) then we have a different idea (and continuing the discussion wouldn't end anywhere). I'm asking to handle the issue "today" (arma2) because i'm convinced that the core engine will be the current one and it will suffer the exact same problem (exploitation).. coming here to blame at the dev team when it'll be too late, won't help to have a good game (the only thing that i'm interested to).

The problem affects Arma2.. this is nothing to do with the "mod". If you believe that DayZ (the game) will be based on something completely different (and i'm not talking about the scripting) then we have a different idea (and continuing the discussion wouldn't end anywhere). I'm asking to handle the issue "today" (arma2) because i'm convinced that the core engine will be the current one and it will suffer the exact same problem (exploitation).. coming here to blame at the dev team when it'll be too late, won't help to have a good game (the only thing that i'm interested to).

If this has nothing to do with the mod, and everything to do with a future VR based game goto http://forums.bistudio.com/ . This is a forum for the mod, and since there is no forum for the game yet it is logical to take it to the source. (BIS) You started out by bashing BE e-mail them also, here at the dayzmod forums nothing will be accomplished... we'll besides me or someone else trolling/agreeing with you.

Also I will no longer reply, I believe I am starting to repeat myself. Just contact them and take it up there. This thread has been bumped way to many times already.

Edited by Pendragon

people clearly don't realize how much BE actually does

it's like saying you shouldn't lock your car door because someone can just break the window

Herp if i get banned for this i will laugh my ass off. Here i googled it took me 5 minutes here is battleEye decompiled enjoy. Posted it to mediafire because i didnt want to advertise the website i found it from. http://www.mediafire.com/?sz7uzqnj3717lw0

Ok lets go big champ. Post me the code of BE.Decompile it for me if you are the great man. Show me more than your lame stamp. Give me some evidences. All youre doing is writing that all i say is bullshit and you got NOTHING. Just atm the only bullshit here is from you.

In my opinion youre not able to script/know scripts or do anything more on the PC than flame in forums and turn your own PC on.

Love little kids that are only posting this without knowing what the starter of the thread is doing or who he is. Your just (sorry) pathetic.