Sign in to follow this  
duggedank

Anti-hacker hackers?

So hackers are a big issue in DayZ.

And DayZ is all about the players choosing how to play.

Isn't there anyone out there who has made it their mission to grief the heck out of any hacker they see?

I mean there are people trying to be serious and helping newbs or playing as medics. I get the feeling someone should have thought of using hacks just to hack the hackers? Of course, it's punishable by banning so pretty risky for someone who actually cares about the game but still, anyone thought about it? Maybe finding the hackers when they are online is too difficult and not worth the effort?

Just thinking out loud here...

There have been tons of people who claim to be "robin hood" hackers.

That's not what he means. He means people who are counter hacking the 'bad' hackers.

Said this before, and will say this again.

Hackers are hackers, no matter what their intent.

They will be banned just like any other hacker.

The really unfortunate thing is that the only time hackers are actually 'seen' is when they teleport to your location in 'god mode' and chop you to death with a hatchet or teleport you 200m above them to freefall to your death.

You have to remember that the vast majority of these 'hackers' are nothing more than skiddies, moronic children that can't play in the spirit of the game. They haven't the time,patience or skills required to scavenge for gear like the rest of us.

They aren't doing it to show off their software skills - they have none. The simplest google search affords all the tools they need to cheat the weapons that they use to hide on a hill and 'kill' from 1600m.

Fortunately battleye is doing a great job and banning them fairly quickly.

Unfortunately their Mothers just hand them the credit card to purchase another cd key.

I imagine them as Cartman whining to his Mum. 'Mo.o.o.o.m! They big boys are better than me and they keep killing me and.......'. I'm sure you get the rest.

Or they could be 'sponsored' by insidious competitors in an attempt to destabilise the dayZ fan base.(but that would be unlikely ;) )

I hope not. Anti-hacking really isn't much more productive than griefer hacking. Whether or not the hacker gets griefed, he is still going to fuck that server or another over.

That's not what he means. He means people who are counter hacking the 'bad' hackers.

How in the hell is that any different than what I just said?

Robin Hood = STEAL's from the rich to give to the poor

Robin Hood Hacker = HACKS the server to kill hackers or give weapons and items to the legit players to kill hackers

You must not realize that its the server that gets hacked, not the player. The player just experiences the outcome of the server hack.

Edited by jackcrow

Wanna mess with the hackers.... Set up honey pots of detected hacks and get them global bans

and upvote the fake hack videos on Youtube.

Edited by jblackrupert
  • Like 1

Wanna mess with the hackers.... Set up honey pots of detected hacks and get them global bans

and upvote the fake hack videos on Youtube.

Have done this very thing before, had a testimonial on a *** video that said it worked 100% when it has been detectable for about a month now. Some guy came on a day latter to complain and I had one of those moments of satisfaction knowing I helped trick some idiot into a global ban.