DazTroyer

Middle age men who play Dayz

Does my mustache make me look fat? I hope not, because this is what I look like after a rough night of forgetting to shave :/

No, sitting around all day eating beans and playing DayZ make you look fat.

At least, that's what my wife says to me..

• Like 1

My first machine was an Acorn Electron in the mid eighties, not seen anyone mention it yet so here's a little video 'showcasing' it.

Christ, that makes me feel old, the memories...............

Edited by RedNome

My first machine was an Acorn Electron in the mid eighties, not seen anyone mention it yet so here's a little video 'showcasing' it.

were your parents teachers? I only ever incountered acorns / BBC micro's in school, or kids who had parent that were teachers tbh..

were your parents teachers? I only ever incountered acorns / BBC micro's in school, or kids who had parent that were teachers tbh..

Haha, no, but it wasn't solely intended as a gaming platform I would imagine, although that's basically all it ever got used for.

my question is why are you giving in so early? It's been only a day and despite the trolls, white knights and perverts, there were a number of guys who empathized with your plight. why get the pot cooking if your not going to make soup?

op- that was a bit before my time lol. that pic actually makes me feel younger. yea intellevison was my start as well...

I love this colloqualism. beans for you

I don't play a lot of games these days but what the rest of you middle aged folks else play?

Luve me some strategy games :)

Try 'Achtung Panzer: Operation Star.' It's both strategy and tactics, and it's great. Very nerdy.

Spectrum zx464

Atari 1200

Commador 64

Amega 900 & 1200+

Sega mastersystem with built in "Alex the kid"

Na I don't remember them hahaha

I don't play a lot of games these days but what the rest of you middle aged folks else play?

Try project reality bf2 .

Realitymod.com

Does my mustache make me look fat? I hope not, because this is what I look like after a rough night of forgetting to shave :/

Not really, but you do now like a character from a Borat movie.

Hey, just wanted to note the lack of kids, and childish posts in this thread.

We finally have a sanctum from those brats! :D

*waits for next post to be about penises or how "gay" I am*

On a side note, I downloaded MAME again today so I could re-enjoy THIS:

swarcade.jpg?w=450

~Sol

• Like 1

I've had everything over the years from Atari, Spectrum, Commadore Plus4, C64, CD32, Amiga 500, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200, PC's, Playstations, Xboxes and much more, man I feel old now lol! Loved games like Black Lamp, Turrican, R-Type, Unreal Tournament, Resident Evil, Fire Ant, could go on forever, does anyone else remember with fondness the joystick breaking games like Winter Olympics lol

Dam man you stole my post...

First week after i got my first C64 with a FLOPPYdrive (i was king of the street with that) I and my friends had broken all the 4 joysticks that followed with it in Epic Summer-/winter-games strugles.

I feel that the most stupid thing I ever did was sell that system.. It was so sweet.

• Like 1

Well apart from apart from DayZ I play :-

Red Orchestra 2 (great hardcore WWII shooter)

CSS & CS:GO

TF2

List on the 360 way to long but at present only Ghost Recon FS.

Reminds me a bit of my Dragon 32, it was wider than this one though, wow I had completely forgotten about it :o my god, the more I read this thread the older I feel lol! :D

Who can remember monkey island on the Amiga ?

The 12 floppy disk version , when you left a area please insert disk 5 ... Load up please insert disk 7....

Try 'Achtung Panzer: Operation Star.' It's both strategy and tactics, and it's great. Very nerdy.

Cheers for the heads up, had a look and it's looking good. Will give that a spin for sure!

Try project reality bf2 .

Realitymod.com

Yap member since 2007 :)

Outstanding mod, really loved it.

• Like 1

I still play codmw3, I tend to phase them out after I maxed out my weapons. Dayz has been a godsend to me, i was getting bored playing dropzone and infected. I also wish they came out with another good C&Q game, the last one sucked...BAD

For me the vector game that did the trick when I was still young (lol) was battllezone.

When battlezone and battlezone 2 came out for pc i got so hooked on them remembering the ol' days, although they have deeper gameplay.

Currently i have a homemade arcade cabinet in my games room, it's not the real thing but i can play the good old games whenever i want. I have an xbox inside which is great (albeit lacking for some modern games) for emulation with tonnes of games on it, but i'm thinking about swapping it for a pc since i upgraded mine recently and have now a spare c2d-based one laying around.

Edited by superchango

Who can remember monkey island on the Amiga ?

The 12 floppy disk version , when you left a area please insert disk 5 ... Load up please insert disk 7....

Yes. Even worse I ran up a huge phone bill to a walkthrough advice line (god bless the interwebs where this stuff is free now) :blush:

Edited by Timboski

I ain't a middle aged man but I'm 31....

But the C64 was my first comp, well my brothers lol

Played Bruce Lee on it with other weird games and then my bro got a PC and I remember him getting leisure suit larry 1 and u had to answer questions to prove ya age! Lol

Epic game though!

Edited by Maniacmike

For me the vector game that did the trick when I was still young (lol) was battllezone.

When battlezone and battlezone 2 came out for pc i got so hooked on them remembering the ol' days, although they have deeper gameplay.

Currently i have a homemade arcade cabinet in my games room, it's not the real thing but i can play the good old games whenever i want. I have an xbox inside which is great (albeit lacking for some modern games) for emulation with tonnes of games on it, but i'm thinking about swapping it for a pc since i upgraded mine recently and have now a spare c2d-based one laying around.

Oh that's awesome. I have MAME on my PC with a couple of limited edition Street Fighter 2 arcade sticks (proper arcade rated equipment). I really wanted to build a cabinet, but just never really had the means and/or money to make/buy one. I output video to an old CRT television set for video, and sit down with my arcade sticks :)

I think ultimately, a laptop would be a nice MAME machine, for the portable nostalgia gaming experience.

~Sol

Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Skyrim, Battlefield Bad Company 2, BF3, Dragon Age,Saints Row 3, The Witcher, Dead Space, Mass Effect, Pinball, Gears of War, Halo, Age of Empires, Civilization, Batman etc etc........goes on forever and ever lol :D

I play pretty much anything myself as well... though I do prefer something with a strategic element to it. "Normal" FPS style games are boring... anyone can shoot a moving target endlessly... when you have to think about a way to accomplish this (there are no respawns IRL) then the fun starts, for me anyway.

I am also a big fan of the puzzle genre, and the bugling trend in sandbox style game play (Minecraft was a big one here, as well as SPORE), but I also like driving and action games. I grew up a mix of platform games, RPGs, Tetris, and D&D (the paper, dice and pencil kind). I also like board games from old-school to modern. I feel they are a forgotten genre of gaming, since digital gaming is far more accessible and cost effective... If you are in to board games yourself, I recommend the board game simply titled, "ZOMBIES!". That shit is fun. :)

I have taken my love and passion for games and gaming in general to the design floor, and have been working on a project with a small independent team of fellow enthusiasts... hoping to bring our collective gaming experience to the table in an enjoyable multi-facet immersion. It is a sandbox world where everything matters... it's the "type of game" I guess I would play :)

~Sol