DazTroyer

Middle age men who play Dayz

What's the betting this thread don't get over 3000 views and 230 odd posts like another "popular" thread around here. :)

Ok lets give this thread a reason to live. So how many oldies remember this as being your first home "console"? Circa 1976'ish. It was just versions of Pong you could play on your tv. I remember being bored after two days lol... :lol:

fvbw29.jpg

Edited by DazTroyer
  • Like 6

Middle aged women playing DayZ. ;D

mmm a female that fraggs and likes to get fragged ... you get my beans ...

mmm a female that fraggs and likes to get fragged ... you get my beans ...

you call those beans???? I've seen bigger beans on a hamster...

• Like 6

Hopefully the trolling will end up here. I'm tired of the comments in my topic lol. I wish I could delete it. I know the only reason half the people posted because I was a girl talking about girl gamers. Sorry to make the middle aged man feel left out. Maybe you'll get more recognized too ;) lol

• Like 2

I started with an Intellivision Daz :)

I was pretty young though, only 1-2 years old haha... I'm not exactly middle aged, but I'm into my 30's, and much older than the average user here I guess.

@Jess, we don't mind... but nothing screams "attention" like "girl on the internet". We all know that girls don't really exist on the internet ;)

~Sol

• Like 1

Hopefully the trolling will end up here. I'm tired of the comments in my topic lol. I wish I could delete it. I know the only reason half the people posted because I was a girl talking about girl gamers. Sorry to make the middle aged man feel left out. Maybe you'll get more recognized too ;) lol

my question is why are you giving in so early? It's been only a day and despite the trolls, white knights and perverts, there were a number of guys who empathized with your plight. why get the pot cooking if your not going to make soup?

op- that was a bit before my time lol. that pic actually makes me feel younger. yea intellevison was my start as well...

Edited by ptk
  • Like 1

I haven't seen that thread since it was much shorter, but whatever happened in it... you honestly can't tell us you didn't expect whatever it was that happened.

There are plenty of women that play DayZ, but people simply won't know in-game.

Pong is, and always has been, about 1/8 as fun as bouncing a ball against the wall, i.e. not hilarious but good for about an hour or two. Yes, I like the bouncy-bouncy wall-ball. Like it a lot.

On the topic of middle age, I don't even know what it is anymore but I know it has moved.

When I was a kid, middle age was when you were around forty or so. Now I guess it is 50-60, funny how it keeps moving a nice big step ahead of me.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 3

What's the betting this thread don't get over 3000 views and 230 odd posts like another "popular" thread around here. :)

Ok lets give this thread a reason to live. So how many oldies remember this as being your first home "console"? Circa 1976'ish. It was just versions of Pong you could play on your tv. I remember being bored after two days lol... :lol:

fvbw29.jpg

I remember something that looked even more basic than that, have no clue what it was called though.

800px-Atari2600a.jpg

Anyone remember this, have some fond memories of this little machine.

• Like 7

Pong is, and always has been, about 1/8 as fun as bouncing a ball against the wall, i.e. not hilarious but good for about an hour or two. Yes, I like the bouncy-bouncy wall-ball. Like it a lot.

On the topic of middle age, I don't even know what it is anymore but I know it has moved.

When I was a kid, middle age was when you were around forty or so. No I guess it is 50-60, funny how it keeps moving a nice big step ahead of me.

lol yes, let that number continue to climb. I'm not ready for a mid-life crisis anytime soon

Oh the old ATARI 2600... that came much later... I was already self-aware by then xD

After that, the C64, then a NES console... good times :D

~Sol

I'm only in my 20s, but my first system was a Sega Genesis, but over the years I've collected systems from the 80s.

I'm also not a middle aged man lol, but I felt like adding to the topic >.<

Edited by PygmyJess
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if the console looked like in your picture. But this was my first ever computer game. I've played this as a kid while on holidays with my parents in hungary (!), must've been in the late seventies. Back in germany i got a Atari VCS 2600, with the game cartridges River Raid and Enduro. Then i was addicted for the rest of my life...

Edited by gambla

Oh the old ATARI 2600... that came much later... I was already self-aware by then xD

After that, the C64, then a NES console... good times :D

~Sol

I started on the 2600.

I'm also not quite middle-aged yet. Just approaching the mid-30's.

I am, however, starting to feel my age and have come to accept that to kids I'm simply lumped in with other "old people".

Its kinda weird.

Oh, also, as posted in another thread, I still feel that

(C64) is one of the best chiptunes of all time. Every now and then I can still hear SID sounds in various modern songs, so I know there's some of us still out there...

I'm also not a middle aged man

You can always pretend to be... most girl gamers I know do that to avoid unwanted attention.

*EDIT*

This thread is now about retro video gaming...

GO!

~Sol

Edited by Sol

800px-Atari2600a.jpg

Anyone remember this, have some fond memories of this little machine.

Pac Man and Space Invaders were great. Later I had a Spectrum 48k too. Waiting for the game to load was always a ceremony.

• Like 1

I had an atari 800 first off (1979). missile command, pac man, donkey kong and defender. awesomeness.

post-13010-0-84359600-1347305593_thumb.j

Edited by Shag

Back when the playstation 1 was hip I got an old console looking like the pictures above. A gift from my brother. If you wanted to switch the game you had to press a button. All I remember is one line in each half and a dot jumping from left to right etc.

I was not amused but I still played it. -_-

Anyone remember the TAPE DRIVE on the C64?

Like, press play, fuck off somewhere for 20 mins... come back, flip it over and play again... go away 10 more mins... come back "ERROR LOADING" FUCK! Start over... 8 attempts later it finally works. You play the game for 5 mins "this blows"... neeeeext!

~Sol

• Like 4

Uh....the only retro gaming I ever did was a super nintendo emulator......does that count?

Like, press play, fuck off somewhere for 20 mins... come back, flip it over and play again... go away 10 more mins... come back "ERROR LOADING" FUCK! Start over... 8 attempts later it finally works. You play the game for 5 mins "this blows"... neeeeext!

And people complain about the DayZ loading screen. These people do not even know what aggravation is.

• Like 2