zak757

An-2 Colt (Large Biplane)

I'd still like this to happen. I've read somewhere on here that someone suggested a plane with floats added so it could land on water. Maybe with the standalone this can be a possibility.

Ow and something like tow plane with two people or so to turn it around in a hangar or forest sounds great (suggestion by zakatak a few lines back). Maybe put it in first post?

This is a fantastic idea! I love it, just watched the video and i really hope they do something with this :) Maybe in the DayZ standalone game.

My beans. You must have them. Epic biplane idea is epic.

CHERNARUSAIR.jpg

I love this plane! It can take off and land almost anywhere! It can take a beating too, I accidently parked it on top of a tree on the beach and still managed to take off again.

were there any official statements on this topic? i loved the idea from the start :)

Have ALL the beans. This is a genius idea and would love to see it implemented along with the parachute taking your BP slot. Imagine this: It's dark. You're in the back of the old An-2 Colt you recently fixed up. Nerves tingling. You take a breath and think "will this old Russian bird hold, and will the silk cord deploy." You hear over the comms "Ok, We are flying close to Cherno, engines off, get your chutes on and wait for my signal..." You wait, sweat drips down your brow. You put your chute on just as the pilot shouts "NOW!"

you jump out with your 11 comrades and watch as the plane turns it's engines back on and begins to fly away, the ground quickly approaches.....

Would be the most fun in a clan I would have in a long time! :D

Sorry for the very late post, found this whilst googling :)

• Like 1

Love the idea should be added in the topic there also chats about parachutes.

I think parachutes should only spawn in the airfields rare chance and then when they are came to be used there is a small chance of your parachute failing to open and you falling to your death.

They should also be very weak i think a couple of bullets to the parachute will be enough to make you fall to your death or atleast seriously harm you on landing.

I said these 2 points so you have to think now would it be better landing making your team get off and you surveying it from the sky reporting back or actully have them drop in and hope they all land safe

A scene i think could be like:

Your circling Cherno trying to sort of what part of your team is going where. You decide to air drop in 8 out of your 9 man team dropping in make it one died because he parachute failed you complete your mission you pick him up and regear the dead team mate.

The other one could be your circling cherno and decide your going to land and approach it stealth a sniper spots you but instead of taking out a player takes out your aircraft you have barely enough time to jump out and your parachute saved you.

Edited by jad own u

Wow you're so creative for suggesting something that's been talked about for months.

This topic is months old. Bad douchebag comment is bad.

It's better then having some over powered jet screaming through the air. I like the idea, and i'd also like to see someone trying to shoot it out of the sky, it would be great.

Wow you're so creative for suggesting something that's been talked about for months.

Date of post, dumbass.

Hopefully this is in the the standalone.

Oh really, I must have missed that one.

Link, or it didn't happen.

I don't like it just because who among us can fly right now, let alone five years into an apocalyptic future?

I don't like it just because who among us can fly right now, let alone five years into an apocalyptic future?

I see you mention this a lot, sure it's not a skill the average person has but the same can be said for gun experience.

For example in Europe, finding a weapon is extremely hard, it's illegal to have it unless you go though shitloads of trouble and regulations.

Meaning that almost nobody here know how a gun works. (I'm sure at least 50% wouldn't even know how to remove the safety.)

Even if they manage to shoot it, they would not know how to properly maintain the gun, clear jams etc.

Thus it's a pretty moot point and no reason at all to not have this kind of plane ingame. (For I'm sure some of us know how to operate a helicopter/airplane, it's not rocket science.)

So put the airplane in the game and make it hard to control. I'm sure that most people will not know how to fly it in-game regardless resulting in many satisfying crashes for me to lay my eyes on.

Let's be honest. In a zombie apocalypse you learn quick or die.

That said, considering Chernarus is a agricultural country and those planes are great crop dusters maybe the farmers of Cherno can fly those old tin death traps? Just a thought.

Can they not mod in these features?

Even without multiple hit locations, repairing can still be done with various parts, right?

This is extremely hard to do, as its changing an entire game mechanic, its like changing the guns from string references to objects meaning more things can be added to its properties, in this case more than one hitbox.

Meaning that almost nobody here know how a gun works. (I'm sure at least 50% wouldn't even know how to remove the safety.)

I guess my reply to your overall post is that I'm a purist. I would rather stroll through the woods with no cars, planes or helicopters.

To the quote above I would reply that a safety is ONE switch. My baby could do it. Don't tell me flying is easy, seasoned veterans still make mistakes.

Beyond that this is not a wargame, nor should it be. We are the survivors eeking out a meager existence. This is not the RTS zombie game where we redefine civilization after zday. This is not the revenge zombie game where the people turn militant and launch an offensive against z. This is not a farm building and base constructing zombie Sim City.

If another DayZ comes after this that expands the experience I will be all for it. Even Halo turned RTS eventually!

I guess my reply to your overall post is that I'm a purist. I would rather stroll through the woods with no cars, planes or helicopters.

To the quote above I would reply that a safety is ONE switch. My baby could do it. Don't tell me flying is easy, seasoned veterans still make mistakes.

Beyond that this is not a wargame, nor should it be. We are the survivors eeking out a meager existence. This is not the RTS zombie game where we redefine civilization after zday. This is not the revenge zombie game where the people turn militant and launch an offensive against z. This is not a farm building and base constructing zombie Sim City.

If another DayZ comes after this that expands the experience I will be all for it. Even Halo turned RTS eventually!

Not necessarily a purist but rather only focusing on one kind of person, forgetting that skills are quite diverse.

Once more, it's comparable to guns. Most people in Europe for example have never seen a gun and when they get their hand on it they wont be able to maintain it or even remove the safety. Sure it might just be one button that goes from on to off but honesty, most people that don't handle guns don't even know about that safety. But this wont get us anywhere, realism and skill diversity is not needed in a discussion because ultimately gameplay is number 1 here.

A simple aircraft such as the An-2 Colt should work fine in DayZ standalone.It

It's the basic risk/reward system at work.

Assuming it's unarmed, a group of players can travel relatively safely for as much fuel as they have.

But this brings in risks: landing will be fairly hard even for veteran players, not to forget that you can't simply stop a plane in midair to refuel.

When fuel runs out that An-2 will decent pretty fast, maybe you wont be able to land in time and die horribly in a crash.

But it doesn't stop just there. Assuming you and your geared-up buddies manage to find one, get it working and use it to fly far away and land again you'll have multiple issues to deal with.

The biggest issue is being a huge beacon to other players and zeds. Every bandit in the area will start to track you and wont have much trouble knowing where you landed, there is only so much space. Not to forget that plenty of Zed will react to that sound and come right where you landed.

It wont turn the game more into a wargame than it already is. I don't see the problem with having a few of these around.

I highly doubt the air will be filled with people operating An-2 Colts for fun as it should be hard to fix it, fuel it up, pilot it and stay alive long enough to make good use of it. Heck I wouldn't dare flying one, I know already I would crash in the nearest tree.

• Like 1

1 question why is this not in the game now!? for u :beans:

Edited by GLRUBBERDUCK

I'd also like to ask why one hasn't been added yet, but i'm not going to beg for beans while asking.

I'd also like to ask why one hasn't been added yet, but i'm not going to beg for beans while asking.

i meant i gave him beans not asking for beans