#Sleepy

How do you decide to kill somone?

So my friend and I were scouting Cherno today for some loot, I decided to climb up on a building with my Lee Enfield to cover him and make sure no one shot him. But when I was up here I thought to myself that if I did see anyone I didn't want to kill them but I might have too.

I mean someone sees a Civi on a building with a lee enfield looking at them, they might KOS me. I'm to far to use Direct Chat, do I climb down hoping not to get shot and speak with him or?

I usually only shoot people if their body language, or the sound of their voice makes them seem like they're going to kill me. In your case, I would've just been safe, and found a less ''open'' spot to cover your friend from.

You, I probably would've shot you thinking you were a sniper.

If I am protecting my friend. I am shooting people. Can't wait for him to pick his gear up when he needs te respawn.

A. Snipers.

B. Bandit Skins.

C. Armed people with dead bodies near.

D. People firing off their guns like lunatics.

E. People who piss me off in teamspeak.

F. If they have something I want or desperately need.

G. People aiming guns at me intentionally.

I. People with the zombie skin sort of trying to act like zombies and that.

J. People driving around in vehicles trying to run people over or just plain fucking about with the vehicle.

K. People who didn't realize I forgot the 'H'. in this list.

• Like 3

Thanks guys, I just don't wanna feel like a bandit (or as some would say a "dick") and it be like an innocent guy.

I shoot anyone. Not to be an ass or a bandit but I have had too many people shoot me on sight for no reason. So I consider it a defense mechanism. Unless someone declares themselves friendly I shoot on sight. But whenever possible I avoid other players.

What's bad is that people who are feared of being shot by someone that "might" be a bandit usually end up killing anyone they see because of that fear.

I mean, when I see someone running in Cherno with like a pistol, I usually call out friendly and sprint off if they aim at me.

Though this game is very non-team friendly. (But in a real life zombie apocalypse, I guess the decisions are actually very hard)

• Like 2

If we both have good weapons and we both see each other, i'll shoot unless they call friendly.

if i see them first and they haven't seen me sometimes i'll shoot sometimes i dont.

pistol/hatchet/crowbar/no weapon - dont shoot unless they shoot me first

I remember I was bored of surviving and it was time to go counter sniping. Sneaking around the outskirts of Cherno I see a sniper with a 50cal facing the city. I shoot him in the head and then I notice another guy behind him with no weapon get up and start running and then another surviver unarmed chases after him. Turns out he was probably a good guy covering his team members as they were respawning etc.

• Like 1

Anyone armed, or unarmed in an area where guns spawn often such as a city or cluster of barns, is a threat to me and my group and is therefore brutally murdered.

If I see you, I am shooting. Only possible exception would be a badly injured unarmed person. Even then, it's a 50/50 whether I shoot or save. I have done both before. (although not at the same time. That would just be dumb.)

Never used to be like this, but I'm just a little tiresome of late with DayZ that I enjoy shooting other survivors for the 'lulz'.

Therefore, if I see someone, I shoot them.

If I'm in a building and I feel threatened, I will tell them not to enter.

If they enter, I shoot the shit out of them.

Anyone armed, or unarmed in an area where guns spawn often such as a city or cluster of barns, is a threat to me and my group and is therefore brutally murdered.

Ahhh yes the unarmed player is a threat to you and your group. You must have a group of mangina's.

I only shoot at people when they look like trouble, guys with bandit skins are suspicious but as lang as they dont engage, I'll stay hidden and calm :D. I always shoot people in quake live, I like the moments more when you fight side by side with a total stranger. One time I turned the tides in one guys battle against 2 bandits, he didnt responded, but I had a shitload of fun.

Edited by Fractal

I only shoot at people when they look like trouble, guys with bandit skins are suspicious but as lang as they dont engage, I'll stay hidden and calm :D. I always shoot people in quake live, I like the moments more when you fight side by side with a total stranger.

yes quake live is the first game i think of when i want to find something to compare to day-z

if they've a gun, they die.²

woops, IF I have a gun they die too =D

Edited by aoshi1992

I will only shoot on sight for:

Bandit skin.

Ghillie suited sniper, up to no good around the coast.

Other than that I will avoid and observe. However, I think I'll spend some time on the coast to see if I can assist anyone this weekend.