Krack

The Community/Game as of 1.7.0

As of recently with the release of 1.7.0 and the removal of bandit skins, DayZ has changed a lot, not only due to that, but due to it's mass popularity. Rocket has created an extraordinary game in terms of the mindset you must have and how you have to play it, you can't run into towns guns blazing, this isn't Left 4 Dead. Also, you can't really seem to trust anyone(Prior to Bandit Skin Removal), as of 1.7, you can't trust ANYONE. The game still takes on it's unique and heart-pumping gameplay style, but it's changed in the fact that instead of thinking, "I wonder if this guy is friendly.." It is now, "Holy shit I better get the first shot on this guy or I could die and not get the beans in this town."

More to the point, with the popularity comes idiots, idiots being the unintelligent masses of, "OMIGOD A PERSON SHOOT IT," and that leads to warfare, making this not a Zombie Survival, but more of a "Go get to Stary or NW Airfield, get the big guns, and shoot every last fucking person you see," Which really disappoints me seeing this game had and still does have great potential.

What started this rant? I've been giving out loot on US17(Old NY16) for the past 3 days in Stary and sending out Direct chat messages saying I'm friendly and distributing gear that I've collected throughout hanging around there, and nobody seemed all to bad, my little kindness went a long way, but nevertheless, some jackass who decided that it's fun and not gamebreaking to server-hop all over the place for his loot rather than being a little patient decides to just ignore my messages and put one in my head, that I kind of saw coming, but upon respawning, I decided to go to Komarovo, Prigorodky, and Elektro(On different lives might I add), and every time I tried to get to one of these places, not a word was said, but out of nowhere I'm being fired upon by automatic M4A1/M16A2 fire. Just pure remorseless and merciless, murdered on the coast, for LITERALLY, 2 cans of beans and a water bottle. This game's community is literally pitiful, and I realized last week, that 19/20 times, I can out shoot these guys with M4A1's with my Makarov/Winchester/Lee Enfield, and then I went to Stary/NW Arfield, and I got M4A1's, and I had murder counts up to 23 and 18 on two of my lives, and I found it boring, so I started to help people, and well, I got shot for it. I continue to play because I love the game, but people always just shoot on sight and it's getting obnoxious, I'd kind of like to play with someone a little more mature than a 14 year old, it's truly saddening. A GREAT game, still cannot compensate for a truly fucked up community.

The end.

-Krack

Before the hardcore trolls come. I def feel you man. The game has become pretty CoDish for my liking but you know that's how it goes I guess. Still an awesome game. It's hard to have friends playing with you every time you play and if you ever see anyone besides a friend it's kill on sight, and I mean EVERYTIME without fail. I love the pvp, and the hardcore aspect of everything. It's just getting to a point where I'm respawning and trying to kill people. Not even caring about surviving anymore lol

When you sleep with dogs, don't wonder why you wake up with fleas.

Wanting to arm citizens against the apocalypse is cool and all, but then you also have to anticipate just how mindless the community is right now. I fear it will take a literal intervention by rocket to tell people to actually try and give a shit about their character. Respawning makes living pointless. Reality has no respawns, which is why we have the sanctity of life.

I'm still working on my idea: Kick players that die. They could easily go and join another server, but they would be completely gone from YOUR world, which might lend just a little more weight to dying because you would leave that world and join another.

It's a work in progress idea.

I like to imagine that we, as a community, just "woke up on the beach." This is a different type of game, and not everyone who plays knows exactly what to do with it. So naturally, they go with what they know, which is to shoot people. I don't blame them.

So far this sandbox has a box, but very little sand. As features get implemented their will be a greater variety of playstyles to explore. Until then, it's 'Bandits' vs. 'Survivors', and not everyone knows which side they belong to.

The game has become pretty CoDish for my liking but you know that's how it goes I guess.

Then stop playing it like CoD if that's not what you want? My last survivor lived for 12 days' date=' 60+ hours in-game. How is that "CoDish?"

I fear it will take a literal intervention by rocket to tell people to actually try and give a shit about their character.

Yes, because rockets definitely into telling people what to do. You know, it's not like that's exactly the opposite of what he has said he plans on doing.

There is nothing wrong with the way he presented his opinion regarding the community.

If you are about to post "omg shuttup carebear pwn or get pwned" you don't actually have anything to say, so just leave now.

I agree with you somewhat, people are killing many more people from afar and without remorse. However, you must realize too that when someone doesn't respond on direct, you've done your part.. It pretty much spells out bandit when they do not respond to multiple direct comms.. Other times, people are simply surprise my group and we can't chance that they're friendly, unfortunately. When you are looting the barracks and 2 guys bolt past my friend watching me and burst through the door, I really don't have time to ask if they're friendly :/

I'm sorry to say this, but i have finally obtained a sniper.

Guess what i want to do with it?

Go somewhere near a city, but far so people wont see me or attract any zombies.

And start headshoting survivors.

Is there any possibility of non-pvp servers (like in some MMOs) where people like this can play on, so we can avoid the constant whining?

Yeh yeh, it's probably impossible or infeasible.

First of all, less carebears plz

I hate random PvP snipers in Cherno with their new enfield (something I once was guilty of)

organized bandits killing people who stumble upon their trap/bait are perfectly ok.

This game needs more accountability. E.G, One Name per Character

Also needs building tools to build forts, plus finding a way to prevent log in/log out 'hacks'

I survive for weeks at a time, having died recently only to hackers, and manage to help my group of friends and players outside that group along the way. I don't have to murder anyone to manage this.

What you have to do is play with the understanding that not everyone is playing the game the same way as you are. Some people are murderers, and that's ok if you compensate for that fact. If you play expecting everyone to be like you though, you're gonna have a bad time.

Make some friends and stick with them. Your enjoyment will sky rocket. And when the long term gameplay elements get added, you'll benefit from having a solid group already made.

yup this is the mentality that i play with

If I die or a group member dies to a rando sniper , they can kill the sniper and get my gear

I agree with you somewhat' date=' people are killing many more people from afar and without remorse. However, you must realize too that when someone doesn't respond on direct, you've done your part.. It pretty much spells out bandit when they do not respond to multiple direct comms.. Other times, people are simply surprise my group and we can't chance that they're friendly, unfortunately. When you are looting the barracks and 2 guys bolt past my friend watching me and burst through the door, I really don't have time to ask if they're friendly :/

[/quote']

This, I completely agree with, there's nothing you can do when someone's either too ignorant or has a poor intent on sneaking around after you have tried to reach them through direct, but it's the ones who just simply say, "Fuck it. I'm gonna sit RIGHT HERE, for 45 minuted and wait for that one guy to pass by.." For example, I was shot by an M4A1 by a guy between Novy Sabor and Guglovko(I think that's it..) Just merely sitting in a patch of trees waiting..

And what is wrong with that?

Sitting and waiting for prey to pass is an entirely valid tactic.

Please more whining about people killing each other - its so productive...

I keep saying this but we need to be patient. Rocket seems to understand the problems with PvP and while it's never going away, changes are coming.

there is a mod just above this section called Chernarus Apocalypse , it's single player/co- op dayz from what I'm lead to believe. Why don't those of you who can't stomach pvp in their game, go play that?

If you ever want a buddy to play with so it's not so grim like this I'm a nice guy and always looking for friends to play dayZ with. And no I'm not an immature 14 year old I'm actually 27 so you need not worry :)

I've started to play it shoot on sight because thats what everyone else is doing so I try to stay out of sight and shoot people if I know I have to.

I started playing right after the bandit skin change was implemented so I'm used to people being this way but I still love the game, I can't wait till rocket finally does something with the humanity stuff that is still collecting in the background. We need a better way to make this not happen so much. I'm sure this isn't what he wanted thats why the bandit skins were there in the first place to stop senseless killing. But now its just caused EVERYONE to kill EVERYONE.. It's kinda lame.

Anywho to the OP if you want a friend that you can trust to play with add me on steam sometime, same name as here.

I'm still working on my idea: Kick players that die. They could easily go and join another server' date=' but they would be completely gone from YOUR world, which might lend just a little more weight to dying because you would leave that world and join another.

[/quote']

I do like your suggestion, it adds more dramatic effect to those that are playing in groups as well. However, you have to look at it through a troll's perspective. Wouldn't adding penalties to death encourage a troll to kill even more? If the player wants to cause frustration, the penalties are just going to make it easier.

When you sleep with dogs' date=' don't wonder why you wake up with fleas.

Wanting to arm citizens against the apocalypse is cool and all, but then you also have to anticipate just how mindless the community is right now. I fear it will take a literal intervention by rocket to tell people to actually try and give a shit about their character. Respawning makes living pointless. Reality has no respawns, which is why we have the sanctity of life.

I'm still working on my idea: Kick players that die. They could easily go and join another server, but they would be completely gone from YOUR world, which might lend just a little more weight to dying because you would leave that world and join another.

[/quote']

Thats actually not a bad idea tbh, hopefully Rocket gets to read it, there are plenty of servers out there, its not like death is locking them out of the game, just out of that server, maybe for 24 hours?

I'm still working on my idea: Kick players that die. They could easily go and join another server' date=' but they would be completely gone from YOUR world, which might lend just a little more weight to dying because you would leave that world and join another.

[/quote']

I do like your suggestion, it adds more dramatic effect to those that are playing in groups as well. However, you have to look at it through a troll's perspective. Wouldn't adding penalties to death encourage a troll to kill even more? If the player wants to cause frustration, the penalties are just going to make it easier.

Hmm thats possible too I guess, hopefully the possibility of that happening to him should be fail in his attack might be enough to make him think twice though, would work even better when alt+f4ing is removed.

people who kill other people, and people who enjoy pvp are stupid and ignorant? thats the most ignorant and naive statement i have ever heard.

some of us want the challenge of fighting other people who can think and react, not droves of zombies that you can kill just sitting still in a doorway. crawling around and avoiding zombies and looking for things to just sit in our packs and not be used is not fun nor challenging.

i'm a bad guy, i will kill you before you kill me and in doing so i will survive, which is the point of the game.

take your spit bubble drivel elsewhere to a game that doesnt have pvp if you dont like pvp.

Yes, it had changed alot but BETTER since the beta patch. Since global chat was removed, at least on US hardcore servers I have ran into 5 people all who have wanted to finnaly talk to someone, talk about where theyv been and what they were doing. This is the best thing thats happened to DayZ. People are finnaly lonely without global chat. Iv ran into 3 who traded with me, and 2 who just talked about expiriences and knoledge. Its been great, head over to US hardcore servers and see the diff

[/quote']

Yes, but then those trolls can be hunted down and dealt with instead of just magically teleporting elsewhere so they can spawn/hack items or just go to their duped tents. This also needs to apply to DCing, but I hear Rocket is already fixing that.

I hit 3 guys today, all of them DCed as soon as they were hit. I'm still not a crack shot, so headshots aren't quite second nature.

Also, anyone that can't tell PvP from NFG Mode (No fucks given, total deathmatch) is too busy camping and giving PvP a bad name.