Krack

The Community/Game as of 1.7.0

The game has become pretty CoDish for my liking but you know that's how it goes I guess.

Then stop playing it like CoD if that's not what you want? My last survivor lived for 12 days' date=' 60+ hours in-game. How is that "CoDish?"

I fear it will take a literal intervention by rocket to tell people to actually try and give a shit about their character.

Yes, because rockets definitely into telling people what to do. You know, it's not like that's exactly the opposite of what he has said he plans on doing.

I see you post this character of 60+ hours in every thread that tries to have a discussion about this topic. Sir. I point you the front page of the website.

30 some mins life expectancy. There will always be extremes and the majority rule. Hell, how long you live is not even what the OP is talking about. It is the way they act I believe is what he is trying to discuss.

When anarchy presents itself, even confessed anarchists will cry for order. Get together with some people you know and trust and bring order. Or have fun trying. I see no democracy here.

When anarchy presents itself' date=' even confessed anarchists will cry for order. Get together with some people you know and trust and bring order. Or have fun trying. I see no democracy here.

[/quote']

Here again, the core issue: Most bandits don't give a fuck.

They don't care if they get shot, they respawn and go to their mass farmed tents. To them, it's just another game instead of the thought and emotion provoking experience Rocket is trying to create. They treat the debug monitor like an FPS scoreboard, and whenever they get kills, their next step is to hide the body and go "lulz hid body faggot" in side chat. You don't stop someone like that because in an FPS you DO NOT have the power to do so. It's like that cheap ass boss in gaming that you can't kill, only stun while you try to get away. Because the moment shit hits the fan for them, they DC and call it "part of the game." Those are the people that slowly become the majority because they have the shiny gun and everyone else doesn't. It's not fair so they say "life isn't fair." And when you try to put in something that adds a consequence or even non-arbitrary system, they immediately jump on their soapbox and label everyone a carebear.

Ask yourself: Is that, in its entirety, who we want as the vocal head of the community? A socially inept teenager that gets his kicks from abusing players, then proceeds to make an asinine argument about why we can't do the same?