Gaidoon

Petition to make Zombies harder.

51 members have voted

1. 1. How You want Zombies to be

• Give Zombies a broken arm animation so they appear to slash you with broken shards sticking out
    • Make zombies play dead more often so they can sneak attack you if you get to close
    • Add Infection so you become a zombie and must feast on surviors or starve.
    • Add Another Option
    • Put Infected AI soldiers in that fire at you near Military Installations

While "undead" have nothing to do with DayZ, as the "zombies" are really alive, infected humans, I think it would be interesting if players that got bit (took a non-lethal amount of damage) would eventually become one of the infected too. Make some antidote as a loot that only works IF you use it before you are completely "infected". Don't get the antidote soon enough and the player character becomes one of the infected, just like the rest, but with their gear inventory intact (for all intents and purposes the player's character is no more and they must spawn on the beach with a new one).

While "undead" have nothing to do with DayZ' date=' as the "zombies" are really alive, infected humans, I think it would be interesting if players that got bit (took a non-lethal amount of damage) would eventually become one of the infected too. Make some antidote as a loot that only works IF you use it before you are completely "infected". Don't get the antidote soon enough and the player character becomes one of the infected, just like the rest, but with their gear inventory intact (for all intents and purposes the player's character is no more and they must spawn on the beach with a new one).

[/quote']

Actually i made a separate thread on playing as an infected though you can continue with the idea here and if you read my thread i changed my idea to either they are dead or hibernating to satisfy the people saying the zombies are really alive. Also please put if you support or not along with your opinion this thread it is a petition.

Also please put if you support or not along with your opinion this thread it is a petition.

Oops! Sorry. I support the general concept that zombies could be and should be made much more a central element of this game than they are currently. There are many ways of doing this and I can't say I favor "hibernation" more so than any other.

Sorry, I got away from the idea that this thread was a petition. So, to make it official:

No.

Simply because there are too many portions of the OP that I disagree with.

not to knock the thread, but I wouldn't get you hopes up on the petition, rocket never endorsed this petition or agreed to it. While I think hibernating zombies are a good idea I'm not sure how possible it would be with the way the zombie behavior is handled right now. The mechanics behind how they exist in the world.

not to knock the thread' date=' but I wouldn't get you hopes up on the petition, rocket never endorsed this petition or agreed to it. While I think hibernating zombies are a good idea I'm not sure how possible it would be with the way the zombie behavior is handled right now. The mechanics behind how they exist in the world.

[/quote']

You know the point of a Petition is to get something done if Rocket endorsed it that would mean he approved it thus no need for a Petition. On a side note if you want to make zombies harder but in a different way just Say i support this and put after that what you want in the Game.

This will prevent me to loot zombie for like.. ever.

Wonderfull, the NW airfield trip won't ever be the same when dodging between dead soldiers.

YES

run in cherno while shooting your lee enfield. same result

What doe's that have to do with zombies playing dead and attacking when you unwittingly walk by?

Nice hibernating Idea:

YES

Adds more to the fact that bodies could be actually just infected laying down. Also it is process efficient, and the mechanics could be the same, since infected have 2 main, states: roaming, and running towards u. Replacing the roaming animation with staying still, and the running with a waking and running animation is simple enough.

Nope bad idea, its bad enough that a few helicopters and vehicles lag the server out and the fact zombies seem to spawn out of no where in highly unrealistic numbers already leds to issues. So now you want to pack them into unseen areas ala Im Am Legend thus blocking players from getting into buildings to pick up loot.

Litter the street and buildings with zombies increasing server lag so not only can you be ambushed by zombies when one gun shot goes off but this sets a perfect trap for bandits looking to grief other players. Thus zombies spawning all over the place with no ability to plan a tactical plan in or out.

So now if I want some beans I got to shoot my way in and out?

Zombies can walk through doors, climb ladders, swim and run crazy fast in unrealistic directions spawn from nothingness right in front of your character, and sometimes just appear behind you because of server lag. That is entertaining enough for me.

Nope bad idea' date=' its bad enough that a few helicopters and vehicles lag the server out and the fact zombies seem to spawn out of no where in highly unrealistic numbers already leds to issues. So now you want to pack them into unseen areas ala Im Am Legend thus blocking players from getting into buildings to pick up loot.

Litter the street and buildings with zombies increasing server lag so not only can you be ambushed by zombies when one gun shot goes off but this sets a perfect trap for bandits looking to grief other players. Thus zombies spawning all over the place with no ability to plan a tactical plan in or out.

So now if I want some beans I got to shoot my way in and out?

Zombies can walk through doors, climb ladders, swim and run crazy fast in unrealistic directions spawn from nothingness right in front of your character, and sometimes just appear behind you because of server lag. That is entertaining enough for me.

[/quote']

Most of your argument is sound but some of the problems are caused by bugs.

Great idea, really makes it more of a creepy gameplay but what is more awesome about it is finding yourself as a zombie after respawning!

i'd like this idea put in because more zombies is always more fun, but they need to fix their speeds first. if they can put them back where crawlers usually hang out in a long chase, that would make the difference

That sounds horrible. They are hard enough as it is. You people seem to forget about the human element in this equation. Other players can be even more difficult then the actual zombies themselves.

They already spawn inside buildings, vision has increased, they deal more damage, and hearing improved. Now you want them EVERYWHERE?

That sounds horrible. They are hard enough as it is. You people seem to forget about the human element in this equation. Other players can be even more difficult then the actual zombies themselves.

They already spawn inside buildings' date=' vision has increased, they deal more damage, and hearing improved. Now you want them EVERYWHERE?

[/quote']

I do :cool:

i like the idea.

this way you could hide between the body's :3

+1