Gaidoon

Petition to make Zombies harder.

51 members have voted

1. 1. How You want Zombies to be

• Give Zombies a broken arm animation so they appear to slash you with broken shards sticking out
    • Make zombies play dead more often so they can sneak attack you if you get to close
    • Add Infection so you become a zombie and must feast on surviors or starve.
    • Add Another Option
    • Put Infected AI soldiers in that fire at you near Military Installations

Hey i just wanted to throw an idea out there for anyone who might be interested what I'm thinking of is dead bodies or Infected Zeds Hibernating everywhere in the forests,cities and random places but some of them will reanimate or wake up when you pass by them i thought this would be good since they aren't taking processing power until you get near them and it could be a good new game mechanic.

Another thing i would like to see is a little backstory such as how the infection started and maybe some new infected that has different effects like you meet a friendly AI but he backstabs you after you help him out due to insanity.

one thing we need to improve the destruction and a few other mechanics. I think first we need to make it so we can get RPGs easier and destroy every building it gets tiring rarely finding an RPG which i have only found once in cherno and the only use i could find for it was blowing up the supermarket and hospital.

Second I think we need a building mechanic since we can do so in the editor it isn't a stretch to do so in game and make a small hideout in the wilderness where you can stash your hard earned loot since in the next patch vehicles will degrade overtime.

third I think there needs to be faction that will let you join a group of fellow players and build a clan HQ promoting group game play and deterring Lone wolf game play.

This Idea is to Improve The realism of the game and give an insight on how life would be like in a survivors situation it would also give the game more emotion.

Edit: If you support this thread please just put yes or no with a small comment don't branch off with your own idea this is a petition. On a side note if you want to make zombies harder but in a different way just Say i support this and put after that what you want in the Game.

Edited by Gaidoon

But Rocket has said that the "zombies" arent actually dead, just infected, so zeds that are shot stay dead. Other bodies could reanimate though - like some of the dead soldiers strewn about the camps and such.

Well they don't technically have to be dead they could be hibernating.

But Rocket has said that the "zombies" arent actually dead' date=' just infected, so zeds that are shot stay dead. Other bodies could reanimate though - like some of the dead soldiers strewn about the camps and such.

[/quote']

Other zombie properties have got around this by having both. The runners are the infected humans and the shamblers are the risen dead. Both are already in the game, aren't they?

I like the idea.

It would not only make them harder but add extra tension when entering an area with bodies all over the place. You would be thinking "Has someone passed through and killed a lot of zombies, or am I walking into a trap?".

I'm sure the reason that they are on the ground and not moving could be implemented into the Day Z story somehow without ruining it.

My Reasoning is there will be real dead bodies and Hibernating zombies near each other you will get tense because you don't know if they are dead or alive and you need to get by.

i support this thread!

Thank you i only wise more people would take the time to Post their support and hope that a Dev will see it and agree.

Nice idea, really!

Considering that the zombies are "just" infected maybe those players killed by zombies should "wake" up and attack upon an activation trigger (same for the usual spawn system) or auto-wake-up after x minutes.

They should be carring the inventory except for the weapon they were using before their "death" by leaving it on the ground.

Think about the idea of being forced to shoot down your best friend after his "apparent" death by zombies. master.gif

sneaky zombies playing dead.

Well thats going to make things interesting :D

I do like that the woods away from buildings is currently a safe zone (so far as zed are concerned) but maybe its too safe, maybe just the occasional spawning zombie or two out in the wilderness to keep us on our toes?

I support the idea of zombies that are just sitting there not doing anything until you startle them.

I do not support the idea of players waking. Players who are killed by zombies or other players are either eaten or dead, respectively. Once again, these zombies are not undead ghouls. They are infected human beings. I am surprised at the number of people who say that out of one side of their mouth, and then propose something rising from the dead out of the other. They don't co-exist here. That's not the lore. If undead zombies existed here, then every zed you shoot would wake up, barring those dispatched with a head shot. Introducing the undead would change too much about the game.

I don't know much about it but wouldn't that take up processing power, having dormant npcs in areas. It wouldn't be much different than just having unaware zombies spawn randomly on the player. You could probably see the sleeping zombies spawn in on the ground when your jogging across a field.

IF you want to make zombies harder maybe you should support the thread in my signature lol

IF you want to make zombies harder maybe you should support the thread in my signature lol

Why are you advertising the same thread you are replying in?

Still if more people would bother to post here we can get zombies that play dead imagine walking by some dead zombies and one grabs you and knocks you down.

I support this idea, I also like the idea about players being killed they should get up after a random time (5-15) minutes and be a tough zombie, I would shat a brick if a was looting a dead player and he got up a started attacking me.

I think that military zombies should be much tougher as they look like their wearing body armor.

Rocket would have to wait until the next update is out of the way before considering this, as he is making a lot of zombie changes already.

I support this. Not dead players waking up but 2 things...

1. animating still zombies

2. occaisional wandering infected in the woods.

Like someone said already, the forest is TOO safe at the moment.

I like the idea of more dead bodies, and I would also like to add that it would be cool to see traffic jams outside of the cities from people attempting to get out. However, Rocket has said that the zombies in DayZ are infected people, similair to 28 "DayZ" Later. That being said, they are not reanimated corpses. However, it would be cool to see more zombies roaming around the map and in the forests, would make players a little more cautious when strolling through the forests. For now though, I like how its currently setup, as it makes sense for lag issues on the servers.

I'm sure little details like these will be added in future beta and official release versions. For now its in alpha so core gameplay mechanics and things of that nature are top priority for the devs I'm sure.

if you read the "posts by rocket" it may give you some insight into his current idea with zombies.

I for one, would like to see more zombies per pack/group ect.

Though rocket has said numerous times we're rapidly approaching the limit of Zombies on map before the system backfires. Perhaps we will have to wait till Arma 3.

Perhaps we could reduce the amount of zombies spawning around sheds and put them inside buildings.