RadienFire

Never killed another survivor. I'm one of the "good guys"

I've shot at plenty of players, but only a few times with intent to kill. I figure it helps them more to know they were spotted and get the little adrenalin rush that comes with having to react. I'll seldom let a careless player get away without a non-lethal hello. As far as being palsy with random people, I tried that once. Just once.

Every one of the few square fire fights I've been in with bandits has ended in an alt-f4 on their part as soon as they lost advantage. My desire for "pvp" evaporated after the first couple of times that happened. Don't have a desire to kill people, but will shoot a bandit on sight if only because I associate them with their cowardly brethren.

• Like 1

so, uh, what do you spend your time in-game doing?

I like to scope out Cherno far back in the fields with my sniper, I look down on fellow unsuspecting survivors with my sniper and keep an eye out for them as I am ready to save them from bandits. The game is a lot more fun when you are ruining people's time who have ruined other people's time.

My current life I have 0 kills, a squad mate bet me 20 bucks I couldn't get 1k zombie kills without killing another player. I have 400 down and been playing guardian angel to new spawns in eleck and cherno.

This little wager has taught me quite a bit about evading and escape. Day 18 been shot at more times then I can count, about died a handful of times, and oh so want to shoot some bandits! But $20 bucks for playing pve dayz! Hellz yeah!

checking out the scenery, going to the popular tourist spots. looking at the history and castle, shopping, the odd picnic here and there. oh, you know. surviving...

Exactly what I do! Oh! and go on zombie hunts!

Then obviously go on an ammo hunt :-)

Wasn't killed much too and when I did it was a sniper so no fair fight there just someone surviving their own way. (at least I hope it wasn't just to kill me)

• Like 1

In 3 weeks of play, I have killed two guys, both near or inside the Cherno supermarket.

The first one I axed because I was surprised up close and he had a firearm.

The second one was worse. I shot him (Winchester) from behind as he was still, approaching the supermarket . Still feel bad about it... Call it killing out of boredom.

I have also been killed twice. Both times without warning and without a chance to make friendly or fire back.

So far I've killed one player in a couple of months playing and that was a friend of mine I shot accidentally trying to save him from zombies. I decided early on that I wasn't going to shoot other players unless I had to and so far I've not had to shoot at other players often.

I guess it partly depends on your initial experiences in the game and what you enjoy about it. On my first go I met a nice french guy on a bike who helped me and another player who could have killed me but declared himself friendly and went on his way, so I knew there were nice people playing. All before I'd figured out direct communication.

Then the next 6 lives were all taken by other players including a couple of cheats. Two guys identified themselves as friendly, they had rifles, I had an axe, they asked if I wanted to join up with them, I said no thanks I'm not playing for much longer and they shot me. Then I'd just spawned, was running away from zombies and ran into a farm building where I found a player looting some stuff. He didn't seem to notice me run past him or the zombie that was now a few feet away from him, so I warned him. He shot the zombie and then me. So I learned there are also players who aren't so nice.

I avoid high population servers as those seem to be popular with cheats, I avoid other players as most seem to shoot on sight and I don't want to shoot on sight because I might be shooting one of the good guys.

Me and a friend could have killed a guy the other day, we'd quit the server to get rid of graphical glitches approaching NW airfield. We leave it a few minutes before reconnecting and when we do there is a player crossing a field between our positions. He had high end gear, ghillie suit and some fancy sniper rifle I didn't recognise. We disconnected, it would have been unfair to kill him and we didn't want him shooting us thinking we were stalking him or server hopping for kills.

I like the exploring and looting, I can play death match in other games.

I don't kill on sight, but I'm not about to make you a daisy chain and sing 'koombayah' either.

If you've got a shemagh wrapped around your head and I perceive you as a threat or you're spawn sniping then I'll brass you up, no questions asked.

I helped someone who was enjoying their first day in DayZ a while ago. Got him geared up and sent him on his merry way, it was nice to see that not every encounter goes kinetic!

This weekend I've decided to grab some kit and head back to the coast to see if I can help anyone.