Hey guys, i just wanted to ask you Bandits and Survivors out there, whats your Reason of Being a Bandit and how you act (Shoot on Sight, go alone, Etc) Or whats your Reason Being a "Good guy Greg" and act as a Survivor?

Discuss :]

Good question.

I act in an overly friendly way, tbph, to the point where I don't even shoot back a lot of the time in case they thought I was a zed. :p

I think I do this because in my first ever game of DayZ, I met up with a guy in Kamenka, and we stuck together for over two hours, and helped each other out the entire way. He then died to a sniper bandit in Chern, and so I suppose that made me realise that I would get no enjoyment out of being a bandit myself: All I wanted to do is make sure everyone else could have as much fun as I did that first run.

But I've never held anything against bandits, and I'm not the kind of guy to get butthurt when I get shot.

It's also why I always answer any questions that noobs have on chat, no matter how stupid they are.

I'm a bandit because I've been killed too many times. I simply refuse to lie down and die peacefully, and if that means I happen to take out an innocent here and there so be it. I don't like it, but life's lemonade is bittersweet.

I'm a Bandit because I believe survival in this hell is down to the fittest. If someone has supplies I need, I will stop at nothing to gain them, even if it means taking their life.

Thats not to say I do not have morals, if someone was on the floor utterly helpless I might help them, or put them out of their misery. I do not kill for pleasure, but solely for my own gain and survival.

My group and I only trust players who know each other from out of game. Almost everyone else is kill on sight. The goal is not griefing. If something like this scenario happened in real life, there would be a sizeable amount of people that would kill you on sight for your food and equipment. We are talking about the possible extinction of the human race, and everyone would be doing everything they could to survive, including killing each other.

Right now the voice chat is unreliable enough (i.e. not working, requires switching channels, and/or low quality) that players cannot connect when they stumble upon one another. Trying to type out "friendly" is about the stupidest thing you could do when someone has a gun pointed at you. If Rocket works out the voice chat so it becomes more reliable, I can honestly seeing the PKing go down a bit as players are able to reliably, quickly, and clearly say "friendly" as they hide behind something near another player.

Purely situational for me. If I am scoping out a town/area prior to entering and see dead bodies, it is shoot on site; obviously those individuals did not all die from zeds. I say that though and I have only killed one person, which was a bandit. I much rather prefer to team up with a group for a while, help them out with whatever they are trying to do, then move on down the road by myself and possibly meet up with another group.

I try to stay hidden and away from people. If it's a bandit coming towards me I may consider shooting him. I don't really like to get killed but I do however like the conceptual idea of bandits, and how they make everyone fear everyone.

But yeah, I don't kill people and don't aim to. I think the zombies are the enemies and players should only be killed if they're a threat.

Because I love canned goods and sodas. I used to kill soccer moms on their way back from the grocery store but surprisingly enough, since the zombies came it got easier. Always Shoot on Sight, I cant let my identity of the canned good bandit be noticed.

I love exploring the map, looting buildings, finding locations not marked on the map itself, getting lost, finding my bearings again, making tactical decisions about engaging (or not engaging) zombies, etc.

For that reason, I tend to ignore players and just do my own thing.

Loot for PvE is really easy to get, there's no profit for me in shooting others. Balls to the leaderboards, if I'm having fun I'm playing it right.

That's the reason.

I'm not going to randomly kill people unless they act suspicious toward me, however any bandits close by, I may be tempted to shoot first and ask questions later.

However, now that 2 of my friends play this mod, I don't really need to rely on people so for the most part can stay out of their way, so we don't have to worry about any possible confrontations.

If possible, we'd rather stay out of the way and out of sight.

Probably going to set up a camp in the trees 10-20 mins away from any civilisation and live off the land.

Earned my banidtry after a firefight at the NW airfield. 6 of us, 6 of them. I stayed hidden and picked off 3 without ever being fired at.

As Rocket said though, once you pick this play style, you have made your choice. Im constantly being fired at most likely because of my skin, and I dont blame alot of people.

As for my gameplay now, if I see you, I probably wont shoot. Id rather not give away my position to you, your friends, or the Zed. If you are advancing towards my position all bets are off and Im looking for an egress route after I off you.

I can honestly say though, I have watched more people run away than I have killed. Not interested in sensless murder. Only if it jeopardizes my survival.

-J.Beavs

I don't believe in killing someone who has spent hours looting and building up their inventory. I never reveal my position, but if I see someone, I will question them. I wait for a reply and sometimes they do reply. Other times they ether can't read English or they're just being really rude. Yes, asking if they are friendly is silly, but everyone I have met has stayed true to their word, even bandit skinned people. However, I am more cautious with them.

I even try to help people when I can. Give them water and food, medicine, or meat. I believe in helping people rather than killing them.

I'm here to loot and explore. If I wanted to kill people, I would go play BF3 or any other game out there. I'm here to experience an open world zombie game, not kill people.

I always ask if they're friendly, but after last night in one town, there was an asshole bandit who said he was friendly so i believed him. He ran into a shed and i came in, he looked as me for 2 seconds and as soon as i turned my head away, he tries to kill me. He was on a walkway above me and i was right under him, as i make my way up the dickhead just disconnects.

Now i don't ask if people are friendly, its shoot on sight unless i don't need supplies so then i'll just avoid people.

I am currently a bandit, based on the morality system. Got into a confusing situation where I ended up shooting my buddy. We were in Stary and found dead survivors laying about everywhere. Naturally we got paranoid, at one point my pal heard something. We decided to go outside to see what was out there, but both went out a different door, figuring the other was being us. Outside we got into contact with who we both thought to be the outsider.

"IS THAT YOU?"

"NO! I AM SEEING THE OTHER GUY THOUGH!"

Thinking my friend was behind me, I shot. As soon as I heard my buddy yell out that he got shot by the bandit I realized what I had just done.

;_;

Survival of the fittest, I'm starting to enjoy being a bandit. That doesn't mean I won't work together with others; it just means if you're walking down the streets of Elektro with supplies, I'd prefer to kill you before 20 other bandits get their chance.

I will not kill you if I don't consider you a threat. A threat means the encounter has 50/50 of ending in my death. In dayz, almost everybody is a threat, no matter what they say. I don't like being a bandit, so I try to stay alone as long as possible (or play with IRL friends)

'nuff said

I'm more of a 'Rick' from TWD. I usually avoid/by-pass unknown survivors and just go on my merry way with my squad.

But as for bandits, if they're in close vicinity at the same town/village I'm at I engage them in cold blood. Because these are the players that kill other survivors and ruin their hard grind and fun, and they think they're some outlaw bad asses hunting unsuspecting newbies on the beach. More like a bunch of 14 year olds thinking its fun to shoot someone in the back for a can of beans, acting all evul and sh*t, mostly for the lulz.

And I know that some of you bandits here might say, 'but we were shot at and I've had enough of that bs and I'm pissed so I'll kill everything I see to survive' - I've been killed twice by bandits in the beginning. That's where the "avoiding/bypassing" principle comes into play. Some say that they had to become a bandit in self-defense from killing starting-survivors that were hostile. Well... tough luck, how would I know that for sure. That's a huge risk. I guess the PVP system is somewhat flawed still. But, especially if you're in the North and you're still a bandit then you're just a game to me. Because you've had enough time to regain your humanity to turn back.

Here's how you will end up ;)

arma2oa2012050516353543.jpg

If I've been listening to Pink, I'm usually pretty angry and won't listen to reason. If I've been listening to One Direction I'll go in for a blood transfusion.

I started off by being friendly to everyone. Whenever i met a survivor randomly, or agreed via the chat, i was killed. Everytime. So yeah, 5 deaths later i stopped trusting any players.

So now i only trust my RL friends and 2 guys who i met in the game who actually is loyal and not a random pker.

When i play with them, i play as a friendly, and i did so for a time, we found a car and i had around 500 zombie kills. Was my most awesome life so far, then a bandit came up and took me and my buddy out with a sniper. We lost the car and all our shit and stats.

After that i went on a short rampage in cherno, sniping everything, dropped to around -20.000 humanity. Then i started playing friendly again, and once more we were killed. Then i was like "Fuck it" And from now on, i will ALWAYS shoot players that i don't know, as SOON as i see them. Also, me and my friends usually go to elektro/cherno for the single purpose of killing people. Other bandits created new ones.

I'm currently down to -53.000 humanity in like a day or so. Constantly killing players i dont know. I won't ever risk losing my stuff again.

I never go to NW airfield, cherno or elektro if i don't have my friends with me. And i always kill people that i don't know.

Sometimes, i do it only to get my humanity lower. Aiming for 100k.