Weapons are persistent.

An example with the DMR

day 1

1000000 people have a 4.35% chance of finding a DMR at a Heli-crash site

day 2

A possible 459770 DMRs on servers

So After 1 week...

1609195 DMRs

Pretty much. Loot inflation will pretty much break this game. They have integrated MMO components into the game and have no experience in doing it.

• Like 1

I was in a gun shop today, they had a .50 Cal sitting right on the counter. Anyone (in America) can own pretty much any gun under the sun... If they've got the money. Got a Sig 5.56 on my mind actually. It's amazing to see how people who don't know much about guns say they're hard to get and as someone said wouldn't be common in a zedpocolypse. Try this on for size... I have 1,000 rounds of 5.56 sitting in a toolbox in my closet right now :). Guns would not be a problem for this Rhode Island boy.

Well, if you think about it. Majority of guns were made to use against people, not zombies. So I think it's fair to have these rifles in the game, because they were made to kill people. Obviously they should be a rare find. Also just remember, zombies aren't the only enemy in this game.

They don't need to be removed, their spawn rates just need reduced.

AS50 and M107 are too common, they are high powered weapons that aren't even from the region, not to mention the fact that they are found in CRASHED helicopters, means they would possibly be broken down or not work.

Here is the problem ...

1000000 ish players

Weapons are persistent.

An example with the DMR

day 1

1000000 people have a 4.35% chance of finding a DMR at a Heli-crash site

day 2

A possible 459770 DMRs on servers

So After 1 week...

1609195 DMRs

umm... no lol

theres maybe like 3000 crash sites at any given time?

not 1000000

so out of that million only 3000 have a chance

so theres out of the million, only 145 will find a DMR if every reset was consistent.

so say every 12 hours all servers reset

there would only be 290 a day

or 2030 a week

Edited by Buffjesus

I support realism, not removing them outright. There's no reason there should be an anti-materiel rifle in the game, and if there is going to be one, there needs to be either:

1. Tanks to make the rifles useful

2. Nerf the rifles to make them realistic (or balanced.)

I support realism, not removing them outright. There's no reason there should be an anti-materiel rifle in the game, and if there is going to be one, there needs to be either:

what about helicopters

should i shoot them with my 5.56 like in call of dooty?

May as well just get rid of scoped rifles and all other guns except the makarov and give everyone unlimited ammo on spawn. Let the free for all begin! Lol. Seriously why does everyone complain? Just find a scoped rifle (so easy to find them) and get even mate...

And on 'balancing': go and get someone to shoot you with a .50 cal rifle IRL and see how realistic the damage is, I can guarantee your face, arm, leg, chest, will be a gaping hole bro

Edited by jakeo10

Presuming the standalone does a better job against hackers, you'll see a DRASTIC reduction in high powered weapons. Back before DayZ blew up, finding a CZ or an M24 in a loot spawn was pretty much magic. These days, everyone you see is walking around with a DMR or AS50. 50%+ of them are hacked in and circulate around. I, myself, have hidden about 20 AS50 TWS rifles on corpses in a little over 2 weeks. It's insane.

Why don't we just take all the weapons out of the game and replace them with airsoft guns. Or better yet, Nerf guns! Yay! And we should nerf zombies too so they remove one Blood a hit! How fun would that be!? Nerf guns would be all over a post-apocalyptic world.. right? Chernarus would no longer have to be Chernarus, it could be... rainbow land!

you misspelled 'faggotry'

You seem to forget this is a VIDEO GAME! And one that is open world for people to play as they like how they like. If you don't like the pvp in the game then may i suggest hello kitty online? It might be more your style where you don't have to worry about confrontation or competition.

• Like 1

Remove all military sniper rifiles. This isn't sniper wars its a zombie apocolyps and people aren't going to have all these military guns. As far as I can seen no one even bothers with the zombies and they dont worry anyone.

When the zombie apocalypse takes place in a small country, during a war, occupied by the armies of two nations, and supported by NATO forces... there will be military weapons available.

Don't completely remove them, make them super-hyper rare.

There are still military bases in Chernarus and they will have military snipers when something like this happens. Just reduce the amount of 'em.

And wipe the hive!

Remove M107, AS50 and DMR. Headshots should be rewarded properly, sniper rifles must remain in game, but only with 5-10 mag size and 8000-blood damage.

1. Modern anti-material rifles are not anti-tank weapons. They are ineffective against modern armored vehicles. They are used for disabling vehicles such as technicals, equipment like generators, radar, comms, gun emplacements and other soft targets.

2. The proper way to balance them would be to make them use up far more inventory space (20 slots or more) or take up both the primary AND backpack slot, and give them enormous barrel swing when not being used from a prone position (you can't fire a 30lb rifle accurately without a bipod), and reduce running speed and eliminate sprinting. The damage is fine, I'm have no issue with being killed by a single shot from one.

• Like 2

I agree and disagree.

Don't remove military sniper rifles - just make them even harder to find, same with the ammunition too. Make ammo nearly impossible to find; that way campers will be a little discouraged from wasting what little ammo they have picking off new spawns on the coast at least.

I've personally never understood the appeal of sitting on a hill and shooting players from 1000 metres away who can't even see you. Seems pretty weak to me, actually engaging the enemy in close quarters or having a proper firefight where the enemy at least knows you're there seems more fun.

• Like 1

Banditry doesn't need sniper rifles for there to be banditry. As for my opinion, I think military style weapons should be extremely rare and that should more variety of crude weaopns like the axe.

THIS ^

Remove all military sniper rifiles. This isn't sniper wars its a zombie apocolyps and people aren't going to have all these military guns. As far as I can seen no one even bothers with the zombies and they dont worry anyone.

Remove all people who aren't competent and can't figure out how to not get sniped. How's that?

Scoped weapons are not exactly rare, be they hunting rifles or military ones (Many of the military sniper rifles are simply built off hunting rifles, you know - look at the M24, it's just a glorified Remington 700)

It makes no sense to remove sniper rifles but leave assault and battle rifles in. And you're still going to get shot from 700m away regardless. You think it's bad now, wait until ammo is actually scarce, and people start shooting from farther away with fewer rounds.

I've personally never understood the appeal of sitting on a hill and shooting players from 1000 metres away who can't even see you. Seems pretty weak to me, actually engaging the enemy in close quarters or having a proper firefight where the enemy at least knows you're there seems more fun.

Stop being an idiot. You can't expect your enemy to fight you on your preferred terms. If they define "fun" as winning, then they really don't give a damn what you think is fun - they're only going to care about what gets the job done.

It doesn't matter whether or not you understand why they think it's fun; it is only necessary for you to understand that they do, and to plan accordingly. You can call it "weak" all you want, you still fail hard when you run around in the city like a fool and get shot by them.

This reminds me of the Brits whining about American riflemen deliberately shooting at officers from concealed positions.

Edited by Just a Goat

You know, there are ways to avoid getting sniped. I've only gotten killed by a sniper once and that was because I was an idiot and stood around looting the body of someone I just killed for way too long, a body which apparently had a buddy coming after it.

If you keep moving, stay away from windows, and avoid open spaces whenever you can, then you'll be fine. Very few of the so called "snipers" in the game are nothing more than morons with long range rifles. They can barely manage to hit someone saluting them at 400m away, much less a moving target that is staying partially hidden by using bushes and fences.

Also, for God's sake, don't go prone when getting shot at with a sniper in a field! I can't tell you the number of people I've killed just because they decided to go prone the instant they heard my gun fire, whether I missed or not. Instead, get your ass up and haul it to the nearest cover while listening for the direction of the shots. THAT is how you screw over a sniper.

Edited by Professional N00b
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be sad to see the two .50cals gone. I almost all the time have an AS50 on me because there isn't a better weapon, specially having NATO rounds.

But I love my AS50 TWS!!

I'm fine with all the high-end anti-material rifles being removed because they don't really make much sense in a zombie apocalypse. Maybe at most an M24, because it has the ability to zero in, but long range sniping leaves streets open and causes people to hide indoors, limiting interaction.

Edited by JackOfBlades72
  • Like 1

Would be nice if the rarerity of all weapons (even items) were configurable by the server admin. Maybe it is, I dont know.