rocket

IF this was an actual game...

Great to see this mod taking off in popularity, Rocket! :)

Game purchase: Officially supported payware mod that requires Arma3. A single one time purchase.

Studio developed with input from community, don't water it down ( I know you won't), keep it unique and hardcore.

I don't know enough to have an opinion about server setup and kickstart, whatever works best. If a small monthly fee is necessary for server upkeep, then so be it. Put some serious manpower into this mod, and you'll attract gamers like flies to a corpse. :D

You could go:

Game purchase + cosmetic micro transactions.

If all you were able to buy were Char skins, vehicle skins, weapon skins etc no one can cry about imbalance (although such is the hatred for micro transactions that they probably would anyway.)

Personally I reckon you could Kickstarter the shit out of this as long as you can get some decent coverage rolling.

I could consider these 3 things:

- Game purchace only.

- ArmA3 DLC

- Kickstarter

But free community mod is still the best option for a random player.

I think you should keep this as a mod.

In my opinion there is no reason to start creating a new engine for this or anything like that. Continue developing with A2: CO and when A3 gets released it shouldn't be too hard to make the move. Using the A2/A3 engine gives this the right feeling all around. Also, let the community influence the development but keep your own ideas. In addition, it should be allowed for the community to host the servers themselves if they want.

You could start taking donations and if that doesn't go well, a reasonable one-time fee would fit this well.

Keeping this as a mod ensures that it stays unique and "hardcore". Many great ideas have been ruined by trying to make them suitable for more people, there is no need for that on this one.

- One-time purchase, maybe as ArmA 3 Addon (I dislike word DLC) or Free addition to ArmA 3 bundle

- Studio developed with good amount of community input

- Studio and community servers

- Not sure about Kickstarter, unlikely that I would participate in

I think you'd be severely limiting your potential customer base by making this as an addon to ARMA III. Not many people can play ARMA II as it is' date=' and they certainly wouldn't be able to play ARMA III.

[/quote']

I agree with this, I know a lot of people would turn away if they were required to purchase both an entire retail game in addition the addon just to play it. I'm thinking a stand-alone spin-off using the ArmA 3 engine. It's much more flexible for the consumer this way, Bohemia will get royalties and the developers will be able to give away CD-keys/Steam keys for the Kickstarter reward tiers (impossible as DLC I believe).

-any paying method except buying separate items or bonuses, everyone should be

equal once they buy the game or pay the sub.

-Community feedback: I have played plenty of games where they have ruined things, good example is wow. Everyone just wants things for themselves and ready to whine on forums day in and day out to get it. Ofc some levelheaded ideas are being posted too. so it depends on devs.

-servers: private servers might give advantages to their friends or clans and even hop on other public ones with full gear but if its possible to balance it then I cant think of a reason why not both.

- One-time purchase, maybe as ArmA 3 Addon

- Studio developed with good amount of community input

- Studio and community servers

- Kickstarter

Game purchase

A mix of studio and community. Anything purely dev based will be out of touch, anything purely community based will be out of touch. You need a mix

For starters, I think given the popularity of the game, making it standalone is an excellent idea that will reward you in particular as developers of such an awesome mod/game!

Personally; keep it in-house studio developed and either - A) Purchase and monthly fee if kickstarter is NOT used (unless the servers became affordable), or B) Purchase only, if kickstarter IS used.

Preferably no monthly fee at all, but given server costs this might actually be the better and fairer way to go. The game would have to be MUCH more polished and full of content and more original technical aspects however, before people would be happy to pay a monthly fee (but I know it's only Alpha and you guys are working on this stuff).

Keep it up!

While I'm obviously not at liberty to speak on what intricacies the development team has to go through while hosting, it was shown via Guild Wars (the first one) that you can have a Buy2Play model and still have enough to host easily. In fact, I believe it was a very small portion of their costs to host.

Of course, they also had a cosmetic shop, but that may be beside the point

-Monthly Fee (but you will need to up the player count per server to around 200 ish)

-No to buying items (unless cosmetic only)

-Community and studio developed (Choosing either one without the other will gimp gameplay)

-Kickstarter, Only you (the dev team) know the current situation well enough to decide on this one.

EDIT: becareful of doing an deals with publishers as they will most likely have a big influence on gameplay(usually not a good one from past experiences)

A expansion pack for ArmA 3.

Studio developed.

I don't mind keeping the servers hosted by community aslong as they are kept fair and equal.

I would donate to a kickstarter.

I think you'd be severely limiting your potential customer base by making this as an addon to ARMA III. Not many people can play ARMA II as it is' date=' and they certainly wouldn't be able to play ARMA III.

[/quote']

I agree with this, I know a lot of people would turn away if they were required to purchase both an entire retail game in addition the addon just to play it. I'm thinking a stand-alone spin-off using the ArmA 3 engine. It's much more flexible for the consumer this way, Bohemia will get royalties and the developers will be able to give away CD-keys/Steam keys for the Kickstarter reward tiers (impossible as DLC I believe).

I disagree. Hundreds of people already bought ArmA 2 + OA just to play this mod in alpha. I know for myself I will buy ArmA 3 for this mod again.

Studio developed.

I don't mind keeping the servers hosted by community aslong as they are kept fair and equal.

[/quote']

I disagree. Hundreds of people already bought ArmA 2 + OA just to play this mod in alpha. I know for myself I will buy ArmA 3 for this mod again.

I also bought Arma 2 + OA to play this mod, however the game only runs particularly well on gaming PCs, and I imagine Arma III will require even better specs to run. By building this is an independent game, it can be made more optimized than Arma II/III, and as a result more people will be able to run the game, ultimately leading to a bigger play base and profits.

Studio developed.

[/quote']

Though looking through several forum threads and speaking to friends, it seems there are plenty more people who are interested in the mod but not in the costs associated with buying a separate game + expansion. Like you said you want it as an ArmA III expansion, I agree but make it a standalone expansion like Operation Arrowhead was for ArmA 2.

Purchase only. I guess you could consider DayZ an mmo, but it differs because it's sandbox and the players make the experience what it is. DayZ doesn't need "new content" and other bullshit, it's good enough to stand on its own.

I dont trust this current community. way too many people who think in terms of PVE/PVP. in a first person shooter. ive never heard people complaining of the lack of pve content in counterstrike but whatever. If the current community had any say in the final product there would be compromises leading to a shitty game.

Look at League of Legends game is F2P but shop don't inpact gameplay at all. You have really got idea here so you can make really good game but dont fail it with Pay2Win system plz. It's so lame ~~. Monthly fee is also outdated already, you will have to win with other colossus cuz ppl rarely pay two or more subscriptions for games. So go 4 F2P(More risk but bigger chance for epic win also) like LoL or game purchase only (Less risk but less chance for big win).

Just don't forget about community there is a lot of jerks but there are a lot of good ppl too so if you would treat them with respect they will support you too :D.

P.S. Just don't go 4 carebear balance only to get more money :P

GL ^^

Studio developed, Studio servers

The minecraft model of getting in early will make it cheaper. Have a studio game but keep the community involved. Just by taking the amount of players you have now selling it for 25 US dollars you could make over 375000$ and I only can see this mod/game or whatever only growing from there. Kickstarter would be prime for anygame and only makes your game more aware by the world.

Also Would you guys be making it with Real Virtuality 3 or 4? if not my interest in the game would not be as much also unless you guys could make it feel and respond like arma.

Single time purchase. Server based, not mmo. (Or make the map, LARGER)

Studio made.

Kickstarter