ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Customer support is shit, I have no issues with DDoS. I have had a server with them for 3 months now, only 2 DDoS' and that was the day I purchased and the massive one last weekend. You need to understand that DDoS attacks are something that a server host has NO control over. So far I have been happy with DayZ.st only because I have not had to deal with their customer support.

PS: Change your server location, obviously that is your own fault for not realizing you got thrown into a shitty one.

Edited by Beck

On my second server from them.

To be honest they are not the best out there, but they do provide an average service.

My first server I had with them, which was a few months ago, spent more time off line than on with constant DDos attacks.

I think it was 3 in the first week alone.

Now with the second server, so far lost 24hrs with its first DDos attack

The server decided to show grey in DayZ commander for no reason.

Support was completely useless on fixing it.

I managed to fix it by moving my server onto a different location, which in turn gave it a new ip address.

Support kept blaming dayz commander, when its actually dayz,st database was at fault.

Email support, needs an overhaul.

On average I get my emails answered in 3 days, the best Ive had has been 2 days.

Would I renew my contract with them.

I really dont know, Im sitting on the fence on this one.

I dunno man. I've been with them since January and suffered a whopping 3hrs total downtime. This was 2 weeks ago. My server is also in DC.

I have had my server for only a week and have had 3 days downtime...

Felt I needed to reply to this due to all the negative comments.

I've had a London server for a few months now, and haven't had much in the way of any problems

Very minimal downtime at all, I think maybe once it was down for a couple of hours that wasn't scheduled maintenance.

Can't say much about the support, only used it once or twice and had a response within a couple of days, nothing fancy about the reply but it got the job done in both instances and I don't think there are many server providers that will offer a 50 slot server for $30 a month, at least not UK ones.

The control panel is easy to use and the files easy to edit etc so I don't really have any complaints. Just so people know not all the experiences are the same as listed above

DayZ.ST is working pretty damn well for me. Most of our members live on the East Coast with the server in LA. We all get pretty good ping with little to no lag. The control panel is pretty nice and handy to have fun. Nothing like having a Sunday night demolition derby in a field in the North. If the Chicago thing works out, we may switch to there, since we SHOULD get better ping. I like everything about it. The only thing that DayZ.ST is missing is a backpack editor in the map, but other than that, it is awesome service and "fabulous" connection.

BEANS FO YOU!

The server decided to show grey in DayZ commander for no reason.

Support was completely useless on fixing it.

I managed to fix it by moving my server onto a different location, which in turn gave it a new ip address.

Support kept blaming dayz commander, when its actually dayz,st database was at fault.

Gray server names are 100% the fault of DayZCommander - we've asked Josh to fix it but he's been pretty busy lately.

[5/9/2013 3:13:11 PM] Eric S: but yea blaines real upset, he swears its making us lose customers

[5/9/2013 3:13:12 PM] Eric S: the name thing

[5/9/2013 3:13:24 PM] Josh: ah damn okay I'll address it tonight

Due to repeated DDoS attacks leading to downtime, all users of 50.97.49.79 are now entitled to a single $5 credit.

Please email admin@dayz.st and be sure to include your control panel username and PayPal email address currently associated with your account to claim your credit.

This is only for users of 50.97.49.79.

We apologize for this downtime, and the target of the DDoS will no longer be hosted by DayZ.ST.

While I feel conflicted about this decision I feel it's in the best interest of our customers.

The simple reason I feel conflicted, is because I feel that this is giving those that have been doing DDoS'ing exactly what they want. However, this is not me simply giving into the DDoS. We have very well protected servers, but the targeted server was not one of them. When the targeted account was given the option they repeatedly stalled and feigned ignorance. I cannot allow this behavior to impact our customers any longer and have provided the targeted account full access to their database backups, which I manually created a full backup of, and they will receive a full refund for both their active accounts within the next 24 hours.

We try to work with our customers wherever possible, however we will not force a customer to act upon our suggestions.

We hope that our customers will understand that we have not been happy with the situation regarding the DDoS attacks on 50.97.49.79 as of late, and this is us trying to make it right.

ST Support

Blaine P.

So what about all the others, that suffered downtime of the DDos attack ?

Dont we get a refund.

You say its 100% dayz commander problem, so how does it fix the problem when I moved my database location.

Edited by kaysio

So what about all the others, that suffered downtime of the DDos attack ?

Dont we get a refund.

You say its 100% dayz commander problem, so how does it fix the problem when I moved my database location.

According to Josh the DayZCommander issue has been fixed and servers should not be greyed out due to GameSpy issues any longer.

On another note, we have deployed the rcon security updates and DayZEpoch Chernarus with DayZEpoch for other maps to follow soon.

I cant help but put a comment up here,

So many of you people expect way too much for very little. Up until recently I had several servers, with DayZ.ST., I got my first server with them way back last August and it remained the whole time I was with em, and purchased extra servers as the demand required it, closed em on the same basis too. Now in my experience when DayZ.ST started out customer service was better than any other host I had tried, but as they got bigger, customer service started to fall in the ass and I would now rate customer service as absolute rubbish.

As for the servers and access I would still regard this as one of the best, and the bigger the reputation, of coarse the bigger number of attacks, thats just the mentality of the tossers out there who find it fun to wreck everyones day, be a shame if they put their skills to good use and made some real money from em, but no that would mean getting a real life and getting a routine instead of government handouts and sleeping in, anyways back to the point, My servers were moved from San Jose to LA due to attacks and once the servers came up never suffered any real downtime at all, (DeSync did however become an issue, Not sure if they got to the bottom of that yet or not), The only reason I left was due to major lake of players due to, (again Tossers), Hackers destroying everyones interest in DayZ. Maybe when standalone comes out if I decide to host again and DayZ.ST can offer it I will get a server form them, Here's hoping by then they have fixed "Customer Support".

So Ratings:

Customer Service - 1.5 out of 10 :|

Servers and options - 8 out of 10 :)

Edited by StealthGamingAustralia

According to Josh the DayZCommander issue has been fixed and servers should not be greyed out due to GameSpy issues any longer.

On another note, we have deployed the rcon security updates and DayZEpoch Chernarus with DayZEpoch for other maps to follow soon.

Yes, I can confirm the "grey name issue" is fixed. Anyone who is getting grey names now, you should double check how you title your server.

Before, it didnt matter. Nothing worked. But now, things are working like they used to on commander.

anyone else having problems with their ' starting loadout '

it doesnt matter what I put in their, I get a completely different loadout.

Dayz.st you guys are terrible. Anytime we needed anything from you guys there was never an answer. So we went to dayzpriv and bam immediate tech support 24/7 unless otherwise specified on there website. Been with them for about 3 months and never had DDOS attacks yet. Oh yeah and $25 for a server. Also you can try it out for 3 days free if you don't like it then cancel. No charge come on over and see what a good dayz server host is.

We're doing a promotion - $15 (50% off) for the first month for all server locations.

Order normally at http://www.dayz.st and the discount is applied at checkout.

Also you can cancel at any time (see here"]http://dayz.st/w/Mai...cel_Server]here for info). Subject to availability.

1. Your servers' arma is out of date by 2 patches.

2. Your servers' Epoch is out of date by several patches, Epoch is currently 1.0.1.1 and you guys still have 1.0.0.1

wow so all i can say best hoster around thy have been giving me 2 free servers for the last 8 months lol. "We're doing a promotion - $15 (50% off) for the first month for all server locations." is stall not going to help as dayz is dieing well slowing down every one i have talked to are away playing other games w8ing for the standalone. but yes thanks for the free shit its been fun. For all aus / nz ppl out there chech out www.wastelandgoats.com for a sneak peek at some new arma 3 missions we are working on.

1. Your servers' arma is out of date by 2 patches.

2. Your servers' Epoch is out of date by several patches, Epoch is currently 1.0.1.1 and you guys still have 1.0.0.1

We maintain compatibility with DayZCommander.

We have requested the DayZCommander developer add the new version of Epoch, it should be added shortly and we will update the servers to the new version once this is done.

EDIT: It looks like Josh added them either last night or this morning (I hadn't checked) - CK should be working on getting the arma patch and epoch updates provisioned today.

Edited by ersan191

We maintain compatibility with DayZCommander.

We have requested the DayZCommander developer add the new version of Epoch, it should be added shortly and we will update the servers to the new version once this is done.

EDIT: It looks like Josh added them either last night or this morning (I hadn't checked) - CK should be working on getting the arma patch and epoch updates provisioned today.

Awesome thanks for the response, kinda bouncing off the walls wondering what's going on!

The Epoch 1.0.1.0 update did take inordinatly longer than normal for DayzC, and DayzC usually takes 72 hours to populate (not the near-week that it took). Now that BloodyDayz server hosting is gone there is a giant opportunity for servers to host Epoch in all its current glory.

Just so people are aware...

I am with DayZ.st and the backup restore does NOT work with our server. It adds all of the data back but EVERY player starts as a new spawn. We've tried contacting support numerous times and just get a "Try another backup" response. This happens every restore.

The database we have has around 11k survivors, 14k profiles and is quite a popular server. But we keep having to reset it to 0 if a hacker decides to wipe everyone.

We're sick of the lack of support and if this isn't fixed VERY shortly, our server will be gone by the end of the month.

Edited by SteveM
  • Like 1

Dayz.st you guys are terrible. Anytime we needed anything from you guys there was never an answer. So we went to dayzpriv and bam immediate tech support 24/7 unless otherwise specified on there website. Been with them for about 3 months and never had DDOS attacks yet. Oh yeah and $25 for a server. Also you can try it out for 3 days free if you don't like it then cancel. No charge come on over and see what a good dayz server host is.

I tried dayzpriv and terminated the service on the 3rd day of the trial.

The pings our players were getting on the server was shocking.

Usually I get 44ms on dayz.st servers, with dayzpriv I was over 100ms.

Very large DDoS attack today against at least 20 servers, 10+gbps - working on getting it mitigated.

servers down again ?

cant access both of mine.