ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

Then it's a fault with Gotcha and not with Dayz.st, Try asking in the Gotcha forums.

If you couldn't connect at all then speak with Dayz.st but because it isn't working isn't something Dayz.st can fix.

I can connect fine but the weapon filter dosen't work.

Personally i never liked Gotcha, It has far too many false positives and never once did me any good.

I found Dart and TSW to be all i needed :) but stuff like this is for a new post as it's not really Dayz.st related.

• Like 1

Personally i never liked Gotcha, It has far too many false positives and never once did me any good.

I found Dart and TSW to be all i needed :) but stuff like this is for a new post as it's not really Dayz.st related.

TSW is by far the best tool to use to admin your server. Although I think the FTP section doesn't work due to how .st has it set-up.

Been waiting without response on a support ticket since Sunday morning, will summarise my issues here as well as I'd be surprised if I'm alone with this as most seem to be caused by the default server setup or simply lack of server resources. Some have been ongoing since the 1.7.5 DayZ patch although getting considerably worse lately, others are fresh in the last weeks.

- Cannot access my logs AT ALL. Not via web browser, CuteFTP, FireFTP or any other method I can find. This happened early last week and haven't had access since. Nightmare trying to work out anything now.

- Server drops to unplayable as soon as more than 15-20 players online. Massive desync, players at times can't even see each other. Vehicles kick passengers out killing them when this happens. Then if the driver logs out, the vehicle will reset to the point where the passengers were thrown out and explode.

- Once lagged up, server will start "Seagulling" people meaning wiped chars and lost player base until the server catches up again.

- Back when I could still access logs they were full of errors and timeouts, server often seen to drop to 4 FPS and below (I run no custom scripts, only thing I've edited is the default spawn gear to add a hatchet, and upped the vehicle count, currently 79). Obviously when it lags like this it's unplayable.

- Server will at times simply lock up. I can't restart it, shut it down, nothing.. Only option is to go to bed and hope it's back in the morning.

- All admin tools are massively delayed and often loose communication with the server (Dart, TSW). RCON messages can at times takes upto 15mins to actually reach the server, if they reach it at all.

- Players spawn at times inside a building with no exit in Novy Sobor.

- Players often teleported to the beach by the anti-teleport script simply for logging in.

- Players are often "rolled back" a few mins when they log out, showing the database hasn't saved when they quit. This is being used by people who get killed to re-appear where they died with all their gear still.

- If I do a full server rollback to a previous backup it will ALWAYS change my starting gear to include MP5, GPS, Pistol etc.. This means in order to rollback I have to start the server twice to edit this before someone gets in and spawns with that gear.

- Server restarts can take anything up to 20mins, and while the logs were still visible this was due to again, huge numbers of errors in the logs. (Please remember I have nothing custom running on this server AT ALL.. these are thrown up by the Dayz.st default setup)

I'd love to post some logs to show my issues but of course I can't access them. The last 2 weeks have seen my server go from 30+ players a night and a stable player base to almost nothing thanks to buggy tent saves, vehicles saves and now a totally lagged up server.

Would love some sort of solution, or even just a response to my email to say it's been received and is being dealt with.

Edited by bluhoney

I can vouch for terrible desync and lag. It's so bad you can literally drive through roadblocks and other obstructions. Firing your weapon at zombies or other players usually results in them going down about 20-30 seconds later.

In addition to the lag, vehicles still have issue being repaired. Sometimes parts will take and others not. For example, a chopper needing a rotor assembly is repaired with a rotor assembly. After the repair, the vehicle still needs a rotor assembly. Other times, a vehicle needing multiple parts will magically repair after only one part is installed.

If anything, the lag these past two weeks was pretty bad. Never had any issues up until this point.

Nice one R.J.. Had forgotten the vehicle repair problems... some have the "magic part" where if you repair that it's all 100%, some refuse to repair at all. Have also had players report similar problems with refueling also, works for some, not others.. sometimes requires a relog to fix, sometimes you might as well give up.

Was the same for me, prior to 2 weeks ago server ran great, just had some issues with tents/vehicles not working properly. This lag is a whole lot harder to deal with - sounds very much like you have the same desync issues as me, although they manifest themselves in all sorts of crazy ways... Flying as a passenger in a chopper right now takes some balls! :)

Yours also a UK based server by any chance?

Edited by bluhoney

The lag and desync are most likely caused by CPU spikes, Dayz.st will know better and have logs.

The problem isn't caused by what you're doing, It's more likely caused by the neighbours/other players on that server :( Recently there have been a huge explosion of custom everything :(

Custom loadouts won't matter but how many are adding in AI or NPC ?

R.J server shows all these other servers playing and almost all have custom changes, see here > http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/340230

Oh god... and this is mine: http://arma2.swec.se...ver/data/355361

There's over 2000 vehicles listed just in the server names, let alone the ones that say "max vehicles" and so on... Custom Map Areas? Max + Custom vehicles? 500+ Vehicles many Hellis? (whatever they are)

sigh...

Interesting to see average game length of 4 hours when my server has used 6 hour restarts for 2 months now.. kinda highlights what I'm talking about stability wise.

Edited by bluhoney

@ bluhoney - Yep it's frightening isn't it :( every server has custom this and custom that.

When i ran my dayz server i added 50 AI bots and my server load went from a nice 20% to almost 100%

The lag/desync was terrible so i removed some until i had a balance :)

The problem is what do Dayz.st do about it ? remove access would upset some people but how do you educate people to do things sensibly ?

Most probably won't care either and this won't be a Dayz.st only problem, most hosts offer access to files so this will happen everywhere you go unless you go dedicated.

Well, assuming this is actually the issue, Dayz.st could run a proper QoS and resource allocation setup where each dayz server instance has a resource limit and bandwidth management etc... as is normally standard in any shared server environment.

It will also be a far greater issue on servers like .st's that run 24 instances off a single server, as without the resource limits properly set you have multiple instances trying to call for resources that aren't available.

Question is, with 24 instances running on a server with 24 threads, why is there resource allocation issues? (or is there?.. so far this is all conjecture of course until someone from .st respond..)

Edited by bluhoney

Site down, DB down, more DDOS?

Yeah, it was a synflood attack on the main db/web server. It's back up now and should be harder to bring down that way. It was down for 39 minutes.

Edited by ersan191

Hey Ersan..

Not sure if you saw my post on the previous page but could someone take a look at it for me? Would be good to know it's in hand.

Thanks!

Hi.

There are still problems on servers, DDoS? My control panel is grayed out.

Edit: Solved.

Edited by bo0n

ersan191, What's wrong with your support guys? Plenty of people on the IRC channel is talking about you guys not answering their emails for days. I've also sent one myself and has yet to be answered. Was 2-3 days since I sent it so that's not a big deal, but don't write "If we do not respond right away please be patient as you will recieve a response within 24 hours except on major US holidays." on your website. I understand you may be busy, but you might want to think about hiring more people for the support team.

I'm also having issues and waiting on a support response. Sent an email to support Sunday morning, also posted above.. so far both are without a response.

Can't even access my server logs at the moment. :(

Ersan

I want to tell you that im not very happy with being forced to move to LA i was happy in Seattle

now that you have moved us my server is stuck on 24/7 night time i have changed the time zome settings still no luck right now i have server set to 11:00am GMT -7 and its dark game time is 3:20 am

i have sent in a support ticket over 12 hours ago but no answer

im very unhappy with the level of support we get now at DAYZ.ST

Had a reply this morning but just contained more questions (like which map I'm running, what my timezone is and what my CP login name is.. despite having provided my server IP and port in the original email), nothing since and still can't access my logs, server issues persist.

Had a reply this morning but just contained more questions (like which map I'm running, what my timezone is and what my CP login name is.. despite having provided my server IP and port in the original email), nothing since and still can't access my logs, server issues persist.

I apologize, I'm personally in Atlanta visiting my grandmother who's on her third round of chemo and cellkill is in charge of support. He just got back home from LA and should be working on the tier 3 e-mails now.

We got some pretty devastating news from PayPal yesterday. They said that we were growing too quickly and we pose a high risk to them, so they are going to be putting a hold on all of our payments received until further notice, and once they have held an undisclosed amount they'll be holding 15% of everything we receive for 6 months. This severely limits us and depending on how much they hold initially it could be disastrous. We are getting ready to switch to credit cards only if comes to that. We were working on using a payment system that allows people to pay directly by credit card, reactivate cancelled accounts, change payment methods for an active subscription, and e-mail notices related to payment and invoicing, among other things. This is going to be priority one until we learn the fate of our PayPal account.

I cannot stress enough how much people should NOT rely on PayPal for your business, I ignored all of the horror stories thinking they valued customers that had higher volumes, turns out it is exactly the opposite.

For now we are still accepting PayPal and will be until they have more information for us (the risk management department does not respond to phone calls or e-mails), we will honor all PayPal subscriptions regardless of their decision and if we are forced to move away from PayPal we will try to work with all of our customers to make sure there is no lapse in services.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1

The sad reality is trying to get a break when you're a small business (or even a growing one apparentely) is just met with barriers at every turn. I recently launched a web based business myself, and went through the crap that surround merchant accounts, applications and then the following requirements, changes of terms and anything else they could do to make the situation turn further into their own favour... paypal and others...

Thank you for explaining the situation ersan, for me at least that was all that I needed to be honest, totally feel for your situation and all the more considering the reasons behind your current absence.

Will wait patiently in hope of a resolution, best wishes for you and your grandmother.

Edited by bluhoney
  • Like 1

Server 159.253.143.1:3340 is down for 48 hr,and ST stuff can't fix.One day ddos attack,another day hardware problem. Worst dayz private hive server provider.

Server 159.253.143.1:3340 is down for 48 hr,and ST stuff can't fix.One day ddos attack,another day hardware problem. Worst dayz private hive server provider.

When one of our servers breaks you are always capable of switching to a different one - moving to a different location and back to Amsterdam will give you a new server and new IP - we usually try to remove the broken server from the pool. Hardware problems happen. Amsterdam is not protected from DDoS attacks, Los Angeles is. There are no DDoS protected transit providers outside of the US from what I have been able to research. I'm sorry your server has been down but we give you tools to get it running again. We have a lot more servers so we have a lot more aggregate problems than anyone else, other providers have the same issues just in smaller scale.

Also feel free to contact admin@dayz.st about the downtime. We have a very liberal refund policy.

Edited by ersan191