ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

From what I read, you were arguing with an IRC moderator, who (afaik), does not work for DayZ.ST.

Yep, toker and xir don't work for dayz.st, they are IRCops on the IRC network who were volunteering their time to help moderate the channel. - IRC isn't official support it is community support as it says very clearly in the topic and on the contact us page (http://dayz.st/contact). For official support your only option is to e-mail admin@dayz.st as I've said repeatedly.

It stopped being official support when most of our support team refused to moderate it because people were too rude, underinformed, demanding and unwilling to do any research. Plus it is incredibly time consuming. Now it is a place where other dayz.st customers can talk to each other about server customization, complaining about bugs and problems in there isn't going to get you anything but banned by whatever moderators are on at the time.

Edited by ersan191

This is the exact attitude i received in IRC whilst other customers were recieving technical help with their servers and I was being point blank ignored.

Imagine it from our point of view, we pay you good money for a WORKING, NONLAGGY server, and when we're not getting that we rightfully feel angst.

But thats not the half of it, for every one server issue, you guys have ONE server owner asking for support, whereas that one server owner has FIFTY people hounding him constant.

Your support is horrific and the servers are laggy as hell when over 30 players.

You cant expect people to wait days for even a reply back when they're servers aren't up to scratch. Tech help should be 24/7 instant, eg. An IRC for tech support. We RENT from you, so when servers are down we lose money.

On the subject of IRC you want to keep a strict leash on them doggs of admins you have, the way they speak to your customers is disgusting. I understand they get some stick from people, but this is the real world, there's childish, foul mouthed people everywhere, including in your ranks.

Ohh and I'm still waiting for an email back 4 days on Ersan.

This is the exact attitude i received in IRC whilst other customers were recieving technical help with their servers and I was being point blank ignored.

Imagine it from our point of view, we pay you good money for a WORKING, NONLAGGY server, and when we're not getting that we rightfully feel angst.

But thats not the half of it, for every one server issue, you guys have ONE server owner asking for support, whereas that one server owner has FIFTY people hounding him constant.

IRC is not an official support channel. Nobody there is required to answer any of your questions and nobody is paid to be there, they are all volunteers. Also we have a lot more than one customer asking for support at any given time.

Your support is horrific and the servers are laggy as hell when over 30 players.

Our servers are not laggy at 50 players using default settings. Custom scripts, hundreds of vehicles, objects and buildings, and most importantly excessive battleye filters doing logging can cause your instance to lag.

You cant expect people to wait days for even a reply back when they're servers aren't up to scratch. Tech help should be 24/7 instant, eg. An IRC for tech support. We RENT from you, so when servers are down we lose money.

Well, it isn't, sorry. If you feel that is unacceptable then nobody is making you stay with us, some of our competitors make more lofty tech support claims but ours are pretty clearly outlined. We have roughly 3000 servers and 10 paid support representatives. It was very easy having a live 24/7 support system when we were smaller and receiving very few requests. Tech support does not scale linearly like the rest of the company. Our claim is 24 hours, which we do generally maintain, and are proud of given the nature of hosting DayZ.

On the subject of IRC you want to keep a strict leash on them doggs of admins you have, the way they speak to your customers is disgusting. I understand they get some stick from people, but this is the real world, there's childish, foul mouthed people everywhere, including in your ranks.

Again, IRC is not an official support channel, I don't know how much more clear I can make that. And this is not the real world it is the Internet where people have no issue cursing, spamming, hacking or ddos attacking us and our employees when they don't get their way. If you want a polite, considerate response from actual staff you need to e-mail us.

Ohh and I'm still waiting for an email back 4 days on Ersan.

I don't answer e-mails generally, but I don't see anything particularly old in the inbox. Feel free to PM me your question directly on these forums and I will try to answer it.

Thanks for the reply again Ersan, seems like the only place I can get any half decent reply, if any reply, is from you and it's here.

IRC is not an official support channel. Nobody there is required to answer any of your questions and nobody is paid to be there, they are all volunteers. Also we have a lot more than one customer asking for support at any given time.

I don't think my point was made clear there, admittedly yes, you have multiple customers to deal with at any given time, but each one of them customers has anything up to 50 people complaining at them, and hassling them to get the issues resolved, which in my case whenever I have contacted you guys, is to deal with an issue which is out of my hands.

And regarding the comment about IRC, I was in the IRC whilst it was community support only, and was watching multiple users have technical issues dealt with there and then. (think it was the same day or the day after it went to community) I asked several times about an issue with my server, was point blank ignored until eventually Toker responded saying, that this is community support IRC, and then continued to help others with technical issues.

Our servers are not laggy at 50 players using default settings. Custom scripts, hundreds of vehicles, objects and buildings, and most importantly excessive battleye filters doing logging can cause your instance to lag.

That's a false statement. When I "was" running a popular server I was having 50/50 players on at anytime with major lag/desync. I had default mission files, server files, battleeye filters and no extra vehicles at all at the time. Everybody that I have spoken to whom rents a server from you guys has lag with over 30+ players online. The response I got in IRC from Toker regarding this matter was, "It's a mod, what do you expect." That statement itself admits that it's a know fact by even your IRC moderators that servers lag over 30 players. But the fact it's a mod shouldn't matter, the fact that you rent servers that aren't capable of being played on at over 60% capacity doe's matter.

We have roughly 3000 servers and 10 paid support representatives. It was very easy having a live 24/7 support system when we were smaller and receiving very few requests. Tech support does not scale linearly like the rest of the company. Our claim is 24 hours, which we do generally maintain, and are proud of given the nature of hosting DayZ.

I'm not trying to tell you how to run a company, you guys have done an amazing job up until recently with the lag/support issues. But why doesn't support scale linearly with the rest of the company? That's preposterous. That's like saying, yeah, rent out more servers, and when the sh*t hits the fan we'll have to rely on the same amount of support. That effectively IS what you're saying. Why is this so?

It seems to be a regular occurrence for people not be emailed back within 24 hours, I understand about your "lines of support" that you kindly posted the other day, but why don't you simply have the first line of support send an automated email back saying they're referring the issue to someone else if they can't solve it? That would help with customers temperaments tenfold.

Again, IRC is not an official support channel, I don't know how much more clear I can make that. And this is not the real world it is the Internet where people have no issue cursing, spamming, hacking or ddos attacking us and our employees when they don't get their way. If you want a polite, considerate response from actual staff you need to e-mail us.

I fully understand IRC is not official support any more. My point about the IRC was made clearer above. But I still feel it brings bad repute on your company and unjust anger towards yourself when your moderators speak to people like dirt. I myself was banned from there for simply saying you need more support staff, not breaking any of the IRC rules stated. I did not swear and was not abusive in anyway, simply stating an opinion. And it seems this is not a rare occurrence judging by previous posts here.

I've been happy with my server for months, and have no quims with any other part of your service. You're one of, if not the best hosts out there. I just feel that things have been slipping over recent weeks. And why should I lose my players and IP and go through the hassle of moving hosts because of this?

Edited by Slip n Slide

Thanks for the reply again Ersan, seems like the only place I can get any half decent reply, if any reply, is from you and it's here.

I don't think my point was made clear there, admittedly yes, you have multiple customers to deal with at any given time, but each one of them customers has anything up to 50 people complaining at them, and hassling them to get the issues resolved, which in my case whenever I have contacted you guys, is to deal with an issue which is out of my hands.

And regarding the comment about IRC, I was in the IRC whilst it was community support only, and was watching multiple users have technical issues dealt with there and then. (think it was the same day or the day after it went to community) I asked several times about an issue with my server, was point blank ignored until eventually Toker responded saying, that this is community support IRC, and then continued to help others with technical issues.

That's a false statement. When I "was" running a popular server I was having 50/50 players on at anytime with major lag/desync. I had default mission files, server files, battleeye filters and no extra vehicles at all at the time. Everybody that I have spoken to whom rents a server from you guys has lag with over 30+ players online. The response I got in IRC from Toker regarding this matter was, "It's a mod, what do you expect." That statement itself admits that it's a know fact by even your IRC moderators that servers lag over 30 players. But the fact it's a mod shouldn't matter, the fact that you rent servers that aren't capable of being played on at over 60% capacity doe's matter.

I'm not trying to tell you how to run a company, you guys have done an amazing job up until recently with the lag/support issues. But why doesn't support scale linearly with the rest of the company? That's preposterous. That's like saying, yeah, rent out more servers, and when the sh*t hits the fan we'll have to rely on the same amount of support. That effectively IS what you're saying. Why is this so?

It seems to be a regular occurrence for people not be emailed back within 24 hours, I understand about your "lines of support" that you kindly posted the other day, but why don't you simply have the first line of support send an automated email back saying they're referring the issue to someone else if they can't solve it? That would help with customers temperaments tenfold.

I fully understand IRC is not official support any more. My point about the IRC was made clearer above. But I still feel it brings bad repute on your company and unjust anger towards yourself when your moderators speak to people like dirt. I myself was banned from there for simply saying you need more support staff, not breaking any of the IRC rules stated. I did not swear and was not abusive in anyway, simply stating an opinion. And it seems this is not a rare occurrence judging by previous posts here.

I've been happy with my server for months, and have no quims with any other part of your service. You're one of, if not the best hosts out there. I just feel that things have been slipping over recent weeks. And why should I lose my players and IP and go through the hassle of moving hosts because of this?

Its worth mentioning there are 25 other servers on the same machine as you http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/343644 bound to be lag there as the entire server only has 24 threads....

I sometimes play on a US dayZ.st server that is always full 50/50 and it's one of the quickest servers I've played on. I don't get any lag and I have 200ms + ping being in Australia. It has 300+ vehicles and new towns everywhere. Don't have the address handy, but it's a BhR clan server. Ill post it on here when I'm home. Soo idk what you guys make of that but I think it's unfair to say that DayZ.st servers are laggy when there is a perfect example of a good server that is under the most challenging environment and still performs excellently. Just saying

Edited by NimrodAUS

Alright, here is the info for the Salt Lake City and Seattle server moves:

Seattle 01 (50.23.131.224) -> Los Angeles 07 (192.31.185.206)

Seattle 02 (173.192.170.117) -> Los Angeles 08 (192.31.185.207)

Seattle 03 (50.23.131.226) -> Los Angeles 09 (192.31.185.208)

Seattle 04 (173.192.170.85) -> Los Angeles 10 (192.31.185.209)

Seattle 05 (173.192.170.98) -> Los Angeles 11 (192.31.185.210)

Seattle 06 (50.23.131.230) -> Los Angeles 12 (192.31.185.211)

Seattle 07 (50.23.131.238) -> Los Angeles 13 (192.31.185.212)

Seattle 08 (173.192.170.97) -> Los Angeles 14 (192.31.185.213)

Salt Lake City 01 (199.195.198.140) -> Los Angeles 15 (192.31.185.214)

Salt Lake City 02 (198.105.218.156) -> Los Angeles 16 (192.31.185.215)

Salt Lake City 03 (198.105.220.164) -> Los Angeles 17 (192.31.185.216)

Salt Lake City 04 (50.115.124.92) -> Los Angeles 18 (192.31.185.217)

Salt Lake City 05 (206.190.129.92) -> Los Angeles 19 (192.31.185.218)

Salt Lake City 06 (206.190.134.36) -> Los Angeles 20 (192.31.185.219)

Salt Lake City 07 (206.190.131.108) -> Los Angeles 21 (192.31.185.220)

Salt Lake City 08 (206.190.132.84) -> Los Angeles 22 (192.31.185.221)

Salt Lake City 09 (206.190.136.76) -> Los Angeles 23 (192.31.185.222)

Salt Lake City 10 (206.190.132.4) -> Los Angeles 24 (192.31.185.223)

Salt Lake City 11 (206.190.131.140) -> Los Angeles 25 (192.31.185.224)

We will definitely be making the move before March 26th - if everything goes smoothly we should be making the move on March 20th.

We will stop new orders for Salt Lake City and Seattle servers on March 15th and there will be warnings after you login to your control panel that the move is impending starting tomorrow.

Here are some latency comparisons between the three datacenters: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1956377/LAX.xlsx - TLDR: Los Angeles has a better network than the other locations, especially in Australia and Asia, and is very similar to Salt Lake in the US.

Our LA datacenter will also be adding a new carrier soon so the pings should be even lower after that. We are making the move because we have started purchasing our own hardware and Salt Lake and Seattle are the two datacenters (besides Singapore) that have no DDoS protection whatsoever, whereas LA has amazing protection. They are also the two that are geographically closest to Los Angeles and we have less servers at those two locations combined than any other location (besides singapore). We are also looking at expanding into Chicago because we have access to a DDoS protected network there as well, this wouldn't be until at least next month though.

Edited by ersan191

Do you have anything to say about this Ersan?

Looks like 5 servers were moved off the machine since I posted that link, needless to say there Was 26 servers total on that 24 thread machine. Who knows if it was ersan moving servers or people cancelling but yeah

Looks like 5 servers were moved off the machine since I posted that link, needless to say there Was 26 servers total on that 24 thread machine. Who knows if it was ersan moving servers or people cancelling but yeah

Still 26 for me buddy

Edited by Slip n Slide

I want to shift away from the current subject for a few posts and discuss:

Querying for NS records from your nameservers to compare to the list in the parent zone

WARNING: unable to get NS record set from delegated nameservers, error: NOERROR

You have two or more DNS servers, this will help protect against disruptions

Checking DNS servers

ERROR: Could not retrieve information about NS1.DAYZ.ST: query timed out

Site's down...

What's the 411? Forgot to pay the bill? :P

Annnnnd....BOOM, it's back.

You may now go back to your lack of understanding of fans administrating in IRC and having no exact relation to the company based chat. :thumbsup:

:beans: :emptycan: :beans: :emptycan:

Yep, toker and xir don't work for dayz.st, they are IRCops on the IRC network who were volunteering their time to help moderate the channel. - IRC isn't official support it is community support as it says very clearly in the topic and on the contact us page (http://dayz.st/contact). For official support your only option is to e-mail admin@dayz.st as I've said repeatedly.

It stopped being official support when most of our support team refused to moderate it because people were too rude, underinformed, demanding and unwilling to do any research. Plus it is incredibly time consuming. Now it is a place where other dayz.st customers can talk to each other about server customization, complaining about bugs and problems in there isn't going to get you anything but banned by whatever moderators are on at the time.

Well, i wasn't rude/didn't say anything to him to treat me the way he did.. You have eyes, u can read What i said/he said.

Others get to "your" IRC, because we do not get any response for our emails... what can they do more than that?

And where did u get those mods from? didn't you pick them up? And how come a mod can restart/check a server for me/others when he has only my username?..... A mod can do all that? lol

Also it reflect you and your business / website! The IRC is at your website! And its under "Contact Info" !

I just wana know one thing before i leave lol, Will you take any action against xir or toker for treating your customers like that?

I hope you don't ignore my post (again)!

We usually host 20 servers per machine, some machines actually have dual xeon 2660's instead of 2620's which gives them 4 more cores, those can have up to 26 servers.

I've posted before but our metrics are available here: http://ersan.us/src/munin/ - we monitor CPU usage pretty closely and if we see any problems we will adjust a machine's maximum allowed servers accordingly.

Every instance is basically guaranteed a full CPU core, and since arma2oaserver is essentially single threaded if you are somehow using too many resources (if you see a core on the CPU history that is above 90%) that means you are actually maxing out an entire CPU core, which means there is nothing we can do about it. You'll have to find a way to reduce your CPU usage - be it through less vehicles, less players, less battleye filters, removing custom anticheats, etc. etc.

Hardly ever is lag the fault of our hardware, it is almost always a server misconfiguration which the client is responsible for. I don't know who you are or what server you are on but if you want to check the statistics on your machine feel free to do so at the above link.

Well, i wasn't rude/didn't say anything to him to treat me the way he did.. You have eyes, u can read What i said/he said.

Others get to "your" IRC, because we do not get any response for our emails... what can they do more than that?

And where did u get those mods from? didn't you pick them up? And how come a mod can restart/check a server for me/others when he has only my username?..... A mod can do all that? lol

Also it reflect you and your business / website! The IRC is at your website! And its under "Contact Info" !

I just wana know one thing before i leave lol, Will you take any action against xir or toker for treating your customers like that?

I hope you don't ignore my post (again)!

It says very clearly on the contact page that IRC is for community support and for official support to e-mail us. Going in there to complain that your e-mails aren't getting answered fast enough isn't going to get you anywhere, sorry. I would take down the channel completely but a lot of people use it for its intended purpose, which is a knowledgebase and tool to collaborate on server customization with other people who run servers. I told toker and xir not to be rude to customers but if they feel like someone is causing a problem they are authorized to ban people.

Edited by ersan191

Do you have anything to say about this Ersan?

Wow, at least my servers not the only empty one on the actual server :P

Edited by ebay

Any ability to get DayZ origins?

Unlikely, they are charging hosts commission to host the mod and last they talked to us our databases were not compatible with their map.

Ya Dayz.st is great if you dont intend on having more than 30 players on your server.

Ya Dayz.st is great if you dont intend on having more than 30 players on your server.

yes man but i have antihacks for fix server lag!!

What's the story with custom loadouts not working?

Kind of ruins the fun when trying to set up vehicles with weapons or adding custom cache boxes. In both cases either the vehicle or box fails to spawn with weapons or items inside.

Edited by ebay

What's the story with custom loadouts not working?

Kind of ruins the fun when trying to set up vehicles with weapons or adding custom cache boxes. In both cases either the vehicle or box fails to spawn with weapons or items inside.

What map are you talking about R.J.? On Chernarus if you spawn ammo crates or boxes via the database they will show up in game with weapons in them. And custom loadouts are working fine for me.

The one thing I found on my Dayz.st server is that there wasn't any basic guides on advanced vehicle or cache spawns so it took a while to figure out that ZERO cache's I placed came filled with guns. I ended up having to learn how inventory is organized in the database and do them manually. A lot of people don't know the exact mechanics and think if its full in the editor it will be full in the live server.It may work for others just fine, but I have run into a few people on here that have issues with no guns showing up.

[[["M1014","Binocular","Makarov","ItemKnife"],[1,1,1,1]],[["8Rnd_B_Beneli_74Slug","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","ItemWaterbottle","FoodRabbitCooked"],[2,2,2,4]],[["CZ_VestPouch_EP1"],[1]]]

Notice you have to put in weapons and items then the amount of each. Then ammo and consumables then the amount of each. Finally do packs and the amount of each. If you are doing this exactly the same and still having issues you may want to back up your server and reinstall or put in a ticket as I have never seen this mechanic fail on a Dayz.st server.

Also, I've never had an issue with custom player loadouts. Since these inventories work the same I would expect that its an issue with how you are formatting the inventory.