ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

First things first, I love the backend of dayz.st, I love the servers running abilities when running. Now on to my problems, since we are told to shut up in IRC. Why is it, that when our servers go down it takes forever for help? If you're that busy shouldn't you slow down in reselling servers until you get your current clients happy?

I know not everyone can be made happy, but my issues are with the rude snide comments made by your admins in IRC, which encourages your fanbase to stifle the legitimate concerns your other customers have. I know the life of a reseller isn't go into the server farm and fix, and the profit margin may be slim, but those are not our concerns. I want to know Ersan, that you care about the people paying you, I have two servers with you and would recommend you to anyone if it wasn't for the downtime, that has been claimed to be DDOS attacks (which traceroute disproved on at least one occasion...) to completely swept aside.

When a problem arises that a server admin caused, or a server admin wants help with setting up buildings etc your people are helpful through IRC etc. But without a ticket system, or a transparent method of letting us know of problems it is painful for me to support DayZ.st fully. I was told you would be hiring more people, that is awesome and a step in the right direction. But is it to much to ask for you to rein in your admins on the IRC channel, who call legitimate down time concerns "whining" etc? Is it to much to ask to update your website on times of response? Is it to much to ask for you to treat us, those that have problems, to those without problems, the same, with respect?

Sincerely

Lloyd

Not had that problem on my server at all, just tested it on Panthera. Try spawning a vehicle in manually, don't forget to hit the "spawn" button until you get at least 4 in a row that say "0 Vehicles Spawned" and see if you can repair it. Failing that, if you haven't got many players to worry about, change the map to Chernarus, restart server then back to Panthera, that will wipe everything.

manual spawned vehicles are fine, it's the ones that have spawn points, and I would rather not wipe the entire database... again....

First things first, I love the backend of dayz.st, I love the servers running abilities when running. Now on to my problems, since we are told to shut up in IRC. Why is it, that when our servers go down it takes forever for help? If you're that busy shouldn't you slow down in reselling servers until you get your current clients happy?

I know not everyone can be made happy, but my issues are with the rude snide comments made by your admins in IRC, which encourages your fanbase to stifle the legitimate concerns your other customers have. I know the life of a reseller isn't go into the server farm and fix, and the profit margin may be slim, but those are not our concerns. I want to know Ersan, that you care about the people paying you, I have two servers with you and would recommend you to anyone if it wasn't for the downtime, that has been claimed to be DDOS attacks (which traceroute disproved on at least one occasion...) to completely swept aside.

When a problem arises that a server admin caused, or a server admin wants help with setting up buildings etc your people are helpful through IRC etc. But without a ticket system, or a transparent method of letting us know of problems it is painful for me to support DayZ.st fully. I was told you would be hiring more people, that is awesome and a step in the right direction. But is it to much to ask for you to rein in your admins on the IRC channel, who call legitimate down time concerns "whining" etc? Is it to much to ask to update your website on times of response? Is it to much to ask for you to treat us, those that have problems, to those without problems, the same, with respect?

Sincerely

Lloyd

You're probably mistaking 'admins' for regular users or community support people - they are not on our payroll and do not work for us, if they have op in the channel it is just to moderate spammers. The only 'admins' are me and cellkill. IRC isn't an official support channel, our only official channel is via e-mail (which is somewhat backed up at the moment due to some unfortunate circumstances - 3 of our support reps have been unavailable this weekend - we are hiring more now).

If we post that a server is nullrouted for ddos, it is nullrouted - regardless of what your traceroute says. It's not in our best interest as a company to have offline servers for no reason.

hey does Rmod work for Taviana?

It should, yes.

Edited by ersan191

My clan has had almost nothing but problems with these guys. The constant DDoS attacks and complete lack of any tech or billing support. They have "accidentally" deleted our account one and given our IP to another group now after we paid for the new months server. They are cheap and when they work have great access to your server but that is when it works..

If I get over 20 ish people on my server I get "create vehicle restriction 1".

And people get kicked.

The only way to stop it is to restart.

This is DESTROYING my server population.

We where ranked above 150 in popularity but its falling and falling as people get pissed and leave.

My emails are getting ignored, or I get some BS response.

I guess Im going to start whining on this post until somebody decides to fix it.

Normally I would'nt choice a public forum to have my technical issues fixed.

But maybe if it might affect new server signups, maybe they will care and fix my issue.

Nope, coz this is a general problem... if i send a ticket i may have the banlist reset and uploaded manually (ie: if i provide my own one), but then the problem will be moved only to the next 2 days.. i (we) need a way to import and export the banlist whenever we wants from the CP.

You can still e-mail the request to them. There's no guarantee that Ersan reads through each and every post on here.

when ever i upload a custom mission.pbo (only changing the map) zombies and items do not spawn. is there a setting i need to change to let these things spawn i also tried just reuploading the Default mission.pbo and items and zombies still dont spawn any help would be great

when ever i upload a custom mission.pbo (only changing the map) zombies and items do not spawn. is there a setting i need to change to let these things spawn i also tried just reuploading the Default mission.pbo and items and zombies still dont spawn any help would be great

It depends by the map.. if it's a map using a custom mission pbo (ie: Namalsk) then you may be missing certain init parameters *if* you used (as base) the mission.pbo downloaded directly from the Control Panel, since they aren't updated. Use the versions linked by ersan instead (Namalsk): http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/88632-dayzst-30mo-for-50-slot-useu-servers-1744-instant-setup-custom-panel-live-map-tool-privatecommunity-hives-taviana-rmod/page__st__1520#entry1087923 or the ones officially provided by Bliss.

• Like 1

It depends by the map.. if it's a map using a custom mission pbo (ie: Namalsk) then you may be missing certain init parameters *if* you used (as base) the mission.pbo downloaded directly from the Control Panel, since they aren't updated. Use the versions linked by ersan instead (Namalsk): http://dayzmod.com/f...20#entry1087923 or the ones officially provided by Bliss.

Ahh i see well thank you for your time and thanks for your help appropriate it

Ersan.. i rarely annoy ppl on a forum.. but i start to feel being ignored. What about the bans.txt .. any news? Do i have to live with this shit forever or there will be a solution soon? (i'm referring to the bans.txt import/export).

Can we make this happen? We really need a way to share, import, and export ban lists. I've already had to rollback the server numerous times due to scripting and ban 10+ players everyday.

Thinking of renting a server in Seattle. Would be really nice to be able to import and export the ban list. I plan on using the server alot and it would be nice if we had a community list we could start fresh with. BEC would also be nice. I've played on a few of these servers and they do run very well. As long as performance and up time was consistent I would definantly consider keeping the server up longer.

This banlist export/import stuff will be handled when we have added FTP support, I've said it a few times in the past, that's why I haven't responded to any of the messages, sorry.

If I get over 20 ish people on my server I get "create vehicle restriction 1".

And people get kicked.

The only way to stop it is to restart.

This is DESTROYING my server population.

We where ranked above 150 in popularity but its falling and falling as people get pissed and leave.

My emails are getting ignored, or I get some BS response.

I guess Im going to start whining on this post until somebody decides to fix it.

Normally I would'nt choice a public forum to have my technical issues fixed.

But maybe if it might affect new server signups, maybe they will care and fix my issue.

This is likely due to a hacker injecting a script that gets run when players login and battleye bans them for it - I'm sure that one of the support reps has told you this at some point. The only thing you can do is restart the server, nobody can stop hackers.

Edited by ersan191
  • Like 1

Is there any news on when additional UK or NL servers will be available? Looking to purchase but havent managed to catch a time when they arent out of stock.

We should have more NL servers tomorrow, I don't have an ETA for London because they are on back order (lack of hardware).

• Like 1

Hey guys, just rented a server from you and after the paypal redirect I got the : Error contact support message.

I tried using the control pannel and got The username and password combination you entered was not recognized

I've received my confirmation from PayPal that payment was issued to you guys and have a subscription number!

Can you help out?

My server says unk and i cant connect just says connecting to host. Wont show up in commander either. May have been my fault i restarted a couple times trying to learn how to spawn vehicles. other than that YOU SERVERS ARE BAD ***. Way better than who i used before i love your setup!!!

Up within literally 1 minute. Easy to use for the novice admin. However there is a little bit of false advertising here. It says best for Australia 70ms from Singapore SG etc etc, this is absolute crap. Mine is sitting on 300ms right now, was initially 200ms, this is from east coast Australia. Maybe from the west coast you'll get 70ms. Still shouldnt be 300+ms. The problem isnt from my end i assure you as all my friends are having the same lag issues, they are from different parts of the country. Once the month expires i will be happy to pay a bit more for something closer to home. You dont usually find the words "cheap" and "quality" in the same sentence.

Edit: Just found out that there is some maintanance is happening on an undersea cable which is causing lag for other games in the region. Still, anyone planning on playing from east coast Australia you will not get 70ms as advertised.

Edited by bigrobau

Up within literally 1 minute. Easy to use for the novice admin. However there is a little bit of false advertising here. It says best for Australia 70ms from Singapore SG etc etc, this is absolute crap. Mine is sitting on 300ms right now, was initially 200ms, this is from east coast Australia. Maybe from the west coast you'll get 70ms. Still shouldnt be 300+ms. The problem isnt from my end i assure you as all my friends are having the same lag issues, they are from different parts of the country. Once the month expires i will be happy to pay a bit more for something closer to home. You dont usually find the words "cheap" and "quality" in the same sentence.

Edit: Just found out that there is some maintanance is happening on an undersea cable which is causing lag for other games in the region. Still, anyone planning on playing from east coast Australia you will not get 70ms as advertised.

Sorry, we took our measurements from Perth and Sydney (got 70ms and 130ms) and didn't really have a way to test from other locations in AU - will revise the OP to say from Perth. ISPs in Australia seem to vary wildly with the carriers and infrastructure used. Our tests were in datacenters that have expensive tier 1 carriers and we couldn't test from DSL or Cable providers.

Hey guys, just rented a server from you and after the paypal redirect I got the : Error contact support message.

I tried using the control pannel and got The username and password combination you entered was not recognized

I've received my confirmation from PayPal that payment was issued to you guys and have a subscription number!

Can you help out?

Send us an e-mail at admin@dayz.st and someone will look into it as soon as we can.

Send us an e-mail at admin@dayz.st and someone will look into it as soon as we can.

Ok did that already thank you :)

Hey ersan, what are you planning on doing for the standalone? I believe they talked about letting groups run servers, but not from their own (by own I mean yours) databases or something? Don't quote me on that, though.

The past couple days the Singapore servers are having a relatively high ping. I'm in AU and getting almost 300pings to my server, whereas a few days ago it was 154-160. Something going on here?

The past couple days the Singapore servers are having a relatively high ping. I'm in AU and getting almost 300pings to my server, whereas a few days ago it was 154-160. Something going on here?

Edit: Just found out that there is some maintanance is happening on an undersea cable which is causing lag for other games in the region.

Out of our hands at the moment.