Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

FFS why is it always raining

On every server I have joined all day (~9) it has rained within ten or fifteen minutes of me playing. And that's just today. It's always fucking raining on every goddamn server I join. Yeah, it stops, but then it just comes right the hell back in another half hour. How much rainfall does Chernarus get a year? 15 feet? I cannot remember the last time I was playing and it didn't rain.

What's the problem? Why is rain a bad thing?

First of all, I don't have a top-of-the-line computer to play DayZ on, so I start lagging like shit every time it rains. It's not so much of a problem on daytime servers, but it still sucks because I either have to keep moving, or build a fire because I'm way the hell north looking for player camps, i/e not near any buildings.

Nighttime servers is where the hell begins. Because DayZ is so goddamn dark at night for some reason, rain + silhouettes not only makes my game lag like shit, but it's nearly impossible to see anything on the screen. All of this rain is blocking me from seeing the ridiculously subtle outline of zombies/buildings/trees/players on my screen. It's like it's raining on my eyeballs. Or rather, DayZ becomes a crying simulator. Flashlights are useless because stopping to see = freezing to death, and I don't have NVGs. That's why I'm camphunting.

Don't take rain out, but at least tone it down. I'm sick of logging into a server thinking YAY DAYZ this game is fun! and then having that thought blown into a million fucking pieces because it's raining at night. Can I just quit and go to another server? Nope. Remember that serverhopping bug? If I leave too many rainy servers, BAM back on the coast. 15km from where I was.

[/rage]

On a somewhat similar note, does anybody know what indicates the map borders in the game? Here's an example: is Pobeda Dam in the map? As far as I can tell, where the trees stop is where the map stops. Treeless hills, I assume, is out of the map.

TL;DR: It rains far too much in DayZ. Please lower the chance of rain by a lot. What shows the end of the map in-game?

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

The map border is on the ground pretty much. Straight line east to west in the north, and north to south in the west.

I do not know about the rain, it does not rain much when I play, though I do not play often.

I prefer it myself though. Night + Rain is pretty safe for scavenging. Not so good for other stuff though.

It's Raining.

It's pouring.

The old man is snoring.

Though I agree, It rains a little bit too much. Chenarus is like being hit by constant Tropical storms.

• Like 1

rain is alright... just the f****** mist breakin mah ballz :(

• Like 1

Map border is kinda hard to miss...

zl21yf.jpg

uKIVJ.jpg

Wow, I never noticed it was that obvious. I was playing at night the entire time I was near the border, so I couldn't see it. It's funny seeing it now. Thanks for the tip! I have NVGs finally, so now I can know where the border is always.

I happen to really like the rain, especially at night. It makes it all seem creepier, I like going out hunting/zombie killing in the dark, rainy nights.

• Like 1

On my first ever spawn, i walked straight past that, though it was a bug. Walked for about 30mins into the debug plains, found a pig but no much else. Died of thirst on my was out, even got lost in the wood and found the edge of the map again. Doh!

• Like 1

I actually quite like the rain. Wish it would storm more. The lighting/thunder is awesome.

On a somewhat similar note, does anybody know what indicates the map borders in the game? Here's an example: is Pobeda Dam in the map? As far as I can tell, where the trees stop is where the map stops. Treeless hills, I assume, is out of the map.

TL;DR: It rains far too much in DayZ. Please lower the chance of rain by a lot. What shows the end of the map in-game?

It rains because you fail.

Also most of the maps of Chernarus you find online, especially the topographic ones, have some kind of crop (usually arbitrary) on the north or West border. I have no idea why this is but I'm pretty sure it's a conspiracy...

I've started using this map as it actually charts the full playable area (though not in topographic mode).

I love it when it rains, especially at dusk.. gets real spooky. I'd like to see more weather effects... fog, snow, high winds etc

I actually quite like the rain. Wish it would storm more. The lighting/thunder is awesome.

How can you like your screen looking like this all the time?! (Not my picture)

rain.jpg

I heard the script users can control weather. Are they making it rain 24/7?

I play on a private server with virtually no hackers and the weather seems fine.

I heard the script users can control weather. Are they making it rain 24/7?

I play on a private server with virtually no hackers and the weather seems fine.

Plausible.

I like the rain. At least it's better than the god awful bloom trying to walk through a forest when it's sunny. I swear I must have had a botched lasik job before washing up on the beach.

Nvgs at night and you cant see the rain. Anyways, its random, sometimes it pisses me off but the best time I ever had was when I was new, at night in a downpour and couldnt see shit. It does drop the fps though, which is annoying.

I like the rain. At least it's better than the god awful bloom trying to walk through a forest when it's sunny. I swear I must have had a botched lasik job before washing up on the beach.

The bloom is better than most new games that where the devs think the sun actually makes the world look like a lens flare, but the thing about it that pisses me off is when you look from one direction to another and suddenly everything is brighter/darker. Sometimes when I look west at night with nvgs the screen goes so dark I can't see.

On my first ever spawn, i walked straight past that, though it was a bug. Walked for about 30mins into the debug plains, found a pig but no much else. Died of thirst on my was out, even got lost in the wood and found the edge of the map again. Doh!

I did the same exact thing. I was running along the road and was pretty bummed when it suddenly ended. Ran to the top of a hill, turned around and noticed that the plains were devoid of detail compared to the lush forest in the distance, ran into the forest and died.

I happen to really like the rain, especially at night. It makes it all seem creepier, I like going out hunting/zombie killing in the dark, rainy nights.

^ This, and I naturally like the rain. :]