Join the club, I quit a few days ago. My hands are up, The hackers have won. I have returned back to Battlefield 3 getting tuned back up for Armoured kill. Not only that, Ive only been PC gaming for a few months coming from a console, and I have to admit to myself that Im awfully shit on a mouse and keyboard, I never will be good and I never want to either, Id rather be sitting relaxed with a controller than sitting hunched over my PC desk fumbling for keys and overdoing my aiming on a mouse. Not enjoyable at all.

But Ultimatly the hackers has killed it for me.

Well, you did took the time to make a forum account, confirm your email address, made only 1 thread then QQed on the forums claiming your withdrawal of the Alpha of a mod on a relatively old game, your only thread is this. I think I speak for alot of people here that you obviously watched too much videos and not enough game betas and alphas to understand what DayZ is all about.

From my kindle heart, I say; you will not be missed.

Seriously sort this out... I know it's alpha but if it's this fucked, it should be given away for free with a limited copy of ARMA II.

It...is free?

Last night I jumped onto my home server to put some items I found on a tent, and there was another clan on. I found them in elektro and straight away my other clan mates come on.

Once they were in someone noticed a guy on a hill NE of elektro and lined up a shot with his DMR. I saw the blood spurt from his head, and then instantly everyone on the server is teleported.

The server logs weren't working properly at this time either, so he got away with it. Fucker.

I can't see myself being killed by anything but a thermal as I was prone in a cluster of 3 pine trees when I was killed...

that doesn't mean much. there's still plenty of chance some part of you was visible, the 4 shots you took, they were watching you while you stalked the other guy, or who knows what else

personally I only blame hacking when I have definitive proof

I was standing in a hospital yesterday and just dropped dead. Not sure if it was a sniper or a glitch. I'm not going to quit the game over it though.

Well, if you should ever change your mind, please don't forget to paste your thoughts up here on your way out the door. Those thoughts will be treasured (and from time to time, possibly even pondered). :P

Id rather be sitting relaxed with a controller than sitting hunched over my PC desk fumbling for keys and overdoing my aiming on a mouse.

You do realize that they have this great invention that updated office chairs called padding, and also an option to recline. maybe you should try that instead of the plastic folding chair you've apparently been using.

Today me and 10 friends were on OUR server and a hacker teleported behind each of us and shot us point blank with an AS50.

Those of us who did shoot him found out he had God mode on.

We said "Fuck him" , respawned and went on with our day :P

Get over it and wait for the standalone

As i said, if the sniper is farther away than the guns audible range...he wont hear anything. An AS50 has an audible range of about 450m. But a kill range of about 1200m. The sniper could be anywhere between 500m and 1200m away...and he wouldn't have heard a thing. It's happened to me a few times...and it happens so fast...you don't really get time to notice a blood spurt or hear a bullet impact.

Firing 4 shots with an AK would certainly be quite a hello to any sniper around as well.

I follow him for about 2 minutes, waiting for him to stop. When he finally does I take 4 shots to his body with my AK74, not intending to kill him, Just to knock him unconscious so I could take his things without killing him.

this part is so funny to me. yeah sure, you shot him 4 times with an AK hoping to just knock him unconscious and take his things <_<

Pretty sure you firing like a maniac gave away your position. If your victim was with someone watching his back then I'm sure you were simply sniped.

My patience has come to an end. I just can't deal with the abundance of cheaters in this game.

Stalking the eastern edge of the NWA as I could see zombies there when I was 200+ meters away. Slowly creeping up to the concrete fence when I see a bandit being chased by 2 zombies. I follow him for about 2 minutes, waiting for him to stop. When he finally does I take 4 shots to his body with my AK74, not intending to kill him, Just to knock him unconscious so I could take his things without killing him. At this point I am perfectly concealed in a pine tree, I can barely see my own character on the screen due to being hidden by the branches. I scope out his body for a couple of seconds, making sure he is K.O'd, he is.

My character then falls to the ground dead, no bullet noise, no blood, no nothing. It was if I was killed using a console command. I can only presume that guy I shot was a hacker and /killed me from inside my tree.

Seriously sort this out... I know it's alpha but if it's this fucked, it should be given away for free with a limited copy of ARMA II.

>play on a server with more than 4 people on it

>expect to have good time

>shit.jpg

reminds me of Diablo2 where 90% was hackers and cheaters and exploiters and bots, and all valuble loot was duped leaving the game to the poor 10% trying to achieve something in the total cheating mayhem that killed the game totally

DayZ is going the same way bro, cya im leaving too =)

You started your unique thread about leaving a few day's ago. Are you just building up the momentum?

You could blame the tree as well.

I've been killed by a conifer that objected to me touching it.

I later went back and tried chopping it down but I think it must've had god mode enabled.

My tent killed me once. At least I know I have a good security system now.

lol, my mate broke his legs on our tent and for some reason it cracked me up for about half an hour. We didn't have any morphine so he had to just crawl around for about 2 hours. Damn that was funny.

lol, my mate broke his legs on our tent and for some reason it cracked me up for about half an hour. We didn't have any morphine so he had to just crawl around for about 2 hours. Damn that was funny.

My friend broke his leg by clipping through the railings on the lighthouse, so we had to do a guerilla raid on Cherno to get a morphine for him at midnight. Our weps were silenced too, which just added to the atmosphere.