Man vs Wild

What would be the perfect all around gun for a lone survivor?

for roaming around solo or to meet up with a friend, i can't help but use the L85, now that i have it. it's a love hate thing and i have an M14 as well and still carry that around with a sniper and an M9 SD for zeds. yes, 4 guns.

i feel like i still can't let the M14 go, with how much damage it does and how badass it looks. i really hate the looks of the L85 and i had someone alt f4 on me even when i unloaded 9 rounds into his back in full automatic. but that scope...

For a lone survivor I would pick a gun that's versatile since you wont have a buddy that can back you up with a different type of weapon to suit each situation. Shotguns like the M1014 and the Remington 870 can both use Slugs and Buckshot making them effective at anywhere from point blank to 250 meters, the M1014 has a really good fire allowing multiple targets to be taken out quickly while the Remington has a flashlight for night use if you don't have NVGs or an NVG scoped gun. Another bonus for these weapons is that they aren't incredibly loud and have common ammunition.

For automatic weapons you should be looking at some sort of M4 or an AK. the AKS-74U Kobra has a good clear sight, rapid fire, decent power and fairly low recoil making it an excellent short to intermediate distance weapon whereas something like an M4A3-CCO has the ability to use SD ammo so it does not attract zombies making it useful for looting zombie rich towns and villages as well as coming equipped with a rifle grip to reduce recoil and a flashlight for night use and to blind NVG users.

Now for a sidearm I would personally recommend a M1911 or a Revolver simply because they are reliable, powerful, accurate, not amazingly loud and ammo is abundant everywhere. If you prefer a high capacity Pistol or one with less noise then choose something like a M9 or G17, both can use various magazines and are very quit considering that they are un-suppressed. The G17 has more magazine options and a flashlight making it very versatile but the M9 does come in an M9SD variant that will allow you to wander through towns slaughtering zombies at will without attracting any attention from the locals.

Not joking. Its really good. Just requires some skill to use.

What skill does it require? it's point and shoot. The problem is if you use it near a town you will quickly find a zombie conga line forming behind you.

M4A1 CCO SD

Hands down the best lone wolf survivor gun available. If you ever get into trouble with zombies you can take them down without bringing the whole town down on your head. Decent against players in full auto or with a steady aim. Just as good as the crossbow for hunters.

m14 aim and DMR

both use same ammo

both are almost a one shot kill against players

(taking high damage makes you go unconscious)

use m14 when traveling for close to medium range

and DMR if you see someone at a distance

never shoot zombies

If you can only carry around one long arm an M4SD is incredibly useful. Most combat vs. players can be avoided, and if it can't be avoided then it hits as hard as a 74 variant and doesn't light up the night like a strobe light under NVG's.

The only time anyone no-crap got the drop on me was because I was firing a Bizon at night and they saw it.

The M4SD is way more accurate than people give it credit for, and the effective range is almost 3x what you commonly see tossed about. There are some simple (but obvious, in hindsight) tricks to shooting long(er) range with it. Shots out to 375m are a piece of cake if the target isn't moving.

The downsides to the rifle are awful penetration of hard surfaces. You aren't going to shoot through a damn thing with it. A lot of players don't realize how many things you can shoot through with normal rifles.

m14 aim and DMR

both use same ammo

never shoot zombies

This, with a silenced M9 to head shot the zombies you do have to kill.

Remington 870 or Winchester if you're on low population servers and don't have to worry about players as much. Ammo for both is plentiful and both kill zombies in one hit. Remington and M1014 both have the ability to also use pellets, which can kill multiple zombies at once if you aim correctly. Pellets can be found fucking everywhere, and you can combine those 2 round shells you always find into 8 round shots for the shotgun.

You don't have to use military weapons to be able to survive.

Couple that shotgun with a G17 or even a Revolver, and you'll be fine.

m14 aim and DMR

both use same ammo

never shoot zombies

If one is not into long range (past 400 m) sniping, m14 + L85 is better for a one wolf survivor that;s what I carry.

Going lone wolf, it'd be m4 cco, and DMR. Once you get NVG's you can use them with the DMR, unlike other sniper rifles

^ This :)

M1014 is the best gun for a friendly survivor in my opinion. Amunition ist plentiful, stoppingpower is high and it is easy to fing one in a firestation of your choice.

I think it is a pretty cool gun, because it is not a omgwtf specialforces weapon with 300 attachements. It might be my personal roleplaying, but this gun just feels right in the hands of a survivor in a cruel world full of zombies :)

If one is not into long range (past 400 m) sniping, m14 + L85 is better for a one wolf survivor that;s what I carry.

This is what I carry too, just yesterday found a M14 to complement my L85 and M9SD. Yay! These guns are perfect together, only now I am so attached to them that the inevitable death due to hackers or spawning on the beach with empty inventory (again) will be even more painful to bear. Took me long ass time to find them all and a coyote pack to fit two primaries and other shit.

IMO, best single all around gun for lonewolf is a tie between L85 and M14, they have different strenghts and drawbacks, both elite weapons and as a combo they are the BOSS!

And contrary to bizarre urban legend, L85 is not inaccurate at all. Very accurate for a AR in fact.

Edited by Baka Survivor

Everyone has already recommended good primary's, but for a secondary, I would use the PDW. It uses nearly every pistol ammunition (except for .45 ACP) and it even uses MP5 mags, so you can find ammo very easily.

• Like 1

Everyone has already recommended good primary's, but for a secondary, I would use the PDW. It uses nearly every pistol ammunition (except for .45 ACP) and it even uses MP5 mags, so you can find ammo very easily.

hmm very intersting I'll have to think about that one is it silenced?

m4 sd is easily the best anti zombie gun in the game, but at longer ranges it sucks on moving targets. several times i have lost a pvp fight when i had a m4 sd in my hands where i would have come out on top with lots of other weapon types.

if i had to pick a single primary i would go with the mk 48 and have a m9sd pistol. I avoid 99% of zombies and the pistol is plenty for taking out any i cant avoid.

Mk 48 will usually drop a player with one bullet, hits dead on target at 400m, has 100rd mag, and can clear a room or a vehicle with no problems. with practice you can kill people at 600m which is within most sniper encounters. I would consider the LA85 if SD rounds didnt go full retard with the accuracy.

If i could only have a secondary? PDW. it can use so many ammo types its too hard to pass up as well as being the only full auto pistol.

PDW mags, g17, m9,m9sd,mp5,mp5sd mags can all be used for maximum spraying.

hmm very intersting I'll have to think about that one is it silenced?

There is a silenced version, but it is hacked :/

I've heard you cannot get a global ban from carrying hacked items as long as you did not hack them in, but i've also heard that some servers will ban you in they find out that you have any hacked gear, and besides the iron sight for the PDW/PDWSD is attrotious, you'll prob' get more kills per mag from a M9 SD (headshots ofc).

The M4, in any variant, is hard to go wrong with.

Also, the M14 AIM is fantastic.