rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

when i turn my debug on it resets all my indicators so i dont know if they are going down is this normal ?

really?

Would you bother to read few pages back or use search?

Its normal(page1, post1..), dont use the debug.

Edited by Zeppa

tents save fine on my server when they feel like spawning; for whatever reason vehicles and tents simply do not spawn sometimes on restart.

You need to add a delay to the restart.

TBH, I've been behind rocket all the way, but how many updates has it been? 3? and main reason for the update is graphical bugs, and they're still not fixed. I mean, I'm a patient person. I've been fine with the graphical bugs not being fixed, but seriously... still after this many updates? I mean, I'd still rather have you work on the standalone, but come on lol.

Oh well, I won't be mad as long as you give me a REALLYYYYY FUNNNNNN standalone :)

• Like 1

To all the people that say that the tents not saving kills the game for them:

What are you? Pathological hoarders? (no offense intended)

I understand that the tent bugs kill your way of playing this game, but seriously, what's the point of looting millions of items to put them inside a tent? Is it to instantly gear up when you die? I say that kills the purpose of death in this game. Make the game so that it's impossible to die, then. What's the point in dying anyway? I mean, without tents, you can be decently geared in about half an hour, 3 quarters tops, and that's not much longer than the walk up to your tents in the north. Ok, you won't find rangefinders or AS50's in an hour, but who need those, right?

Everyone will steal my beans for saying this, but I would completely remove tents. I know that's not happening, but it's my opinion.

On topic: I don't see any problems, graphical glitches have disappeared (although I said that same thing early with last patch), reloading magazines on login is still there when they're put in the backpack (that's impossible to fix until standalone, from what I heard from Rocket), and I can't say anything about tents or vehicles because I don't use them. The mod plays good enough for now.

With most bugs almost taken care of, next thing: FEATURES!

I want dogs or whatever, all buildings enterable (if that's even a word), ragdoll physics, female zombies, more skins, guillie suits and camo for the ladies, and lots and lots of other goodies, including whatever makes this game more difficult: harder zombies, harder enviromental hazards, increased high-end weapons scarcity (if there's still duping in standalone I will cry a lot)...

In other words, WE WANT STANDALONE!

PS.- I hope this post doesn't sound too angry, I'm just kidding. ROFLMAO

I don't need to defend a mod that still is in the early stages of development. It's like criticising an unborn fetus for not knowing enough algebra or lacking the ability to speak. As a coincidence, your "argument" is in the same premature stage. Barely worth a reply.

Blow me. That worth a reply?

Edited by GaMEChld

I don't need to defend a mod that still is in the early stages of development. It's like criticising an unborn fetus for not knowing enough algebra or lacking the ability to speak. As a coincidence, your "argument" is in the same premature stage. Barely worth a reply.

Sorry kid, this joke was funny a couple of months ago, now it isn't. Sorry.

• Like 1

If the standalone goes the same way, WarZ is gonna beat DayZ down...

All I have to say about that is LOL, that and wake up!

Edited by poisonman
  • Like 1

To all the people that say that the tents not saving kills the game for them:

What are you? Pathological hoarders? (no offense intended)

I understand that the tent bugs kill your way of playing this game, but seriously, what's the point of looting millions of items to put them inside a tent? Is it to instantly gear up when you die? I say that kills the purpose of death in this game. Make the game so that it's impossible to die, then. What's the point in dying anyway? I mean, without tents, you can be decently geared in about half an hour, 3 quarters tops, and that's not much longer than the walk up to your tents in the north. Ok, you won't find rangefinders or AS50's in an hour, but who need those, right?

Everyone will steal my beans for saying this, but I would completely remove tents. I know that's not happening, but it's my opinion.

On topic: I don't see any problems, graphical glitches have disappeared (although I said that same thing early with last patch), reloading magazines on login is still there when they're put in the backpack (that's impossible to fix until standalone, from what I heard from Rocket), and I can't say anything about tents or vehicles because I don't use them. The mod plays good enough for now.

With most bugs almost taken care of, next thing: FEATURES!

I want dogs or whatever, all buildings enterable (if that's even a word), ragdoll physics, female zombies, more skins, guillie suits and camo for the ladies, and lots and lots of other goodies, including whatever makes this game more difficult: harder zombies, harder enviromental hazards, increased high-end weapons scarcity (if there's still duping in standalone I will cry a lot)...

In other words, WE WANT STANDALONE!

PS.- I hope this post doesn't sound too angry, I'm just kidding. ROFLMAO

I see what your saying, but when you have a gun with rare ammo like the svd or m4 sd its a good idea to stock up on ammo. In my clan it's not so we have an instant respawn. If you die in our clan, you have to scavenge and work your way to camp, hopefully finding some cool stuff along the way. Although my clan doesn't do what you're talking about, I see the same flaws you see, but I still need tents lol.

Blow me. That worth a reply?

It's people like this that get the thread locked lol

I see what your saying, but when you have a gun with rare ammo like the svd or m4 sd its a good idea to stock up on ammo. In my clan it's not so we have an instant respawn. If you die in our clan, you have to scavenge and work your way to camp, hopefully finding some cool stuff along the way. Although my clan doesn't do what you're talking about, I see the same flaws you see, but I still need tents lol

I respect that, and I can understand using tents as caches of ammo or supplies to restock. But they lose that purpose when your character knows where they are right after he or she spawns. I don't think a middle ground will ever be achieved, it's a game, and a game cannot make the player forget about something. Realistic/authentic mod or not, metagaming will always be there. And whatever changes the devs do to tents at this point will cause an uproar. I'm just hoping that duping and scripting is indeed completely eradicated in stand-alone, so the tents full of high end weaponry and gear disappear, and only the legit caches remain.

My point is that a character should not be able to loot its own body, and all tents should be wiped out upon death of its owner. It's not realistic, but it's a way to make death truly matter. Most people will not agree with me, though.

Anyway, this is the 1.7.2.6 patch thread, not the suggestions subforum, so I'll shut up already.

• Like 3

they 'jumped down your throat' because you said there was some kind of inherent connection between torrents and viruses. and pretty much insinuated people were stupid for using them

edit: specifically this post:

no, i didnt say that until i was already at the bottom of the pile. at this point they already put me in defensive mode. i shouldnt have had to explain my reasoning for wanting another option in the first place. options are good.

no, i didnt say that until i was already at the bottom of the pile. at this point they already put me in defensive mode.

oh internets...

Until the tents are fixed, the vehicles are fixed and the hackers/script kiddies are dealt with there is no worth in this mod any more. It completely invalidates the premise of the game because there's no value to the persistant-world nature of the mod and devolves the whole affair into a short-lived deathmatch.

Better off playing the Wasteland mod. It's not persistant, vehicles and weapons are far easier to come by. Fits with what DayZ currently offers in its ruined state.

I want DayZ to work really badly, I love the idea of working hard to gain gear and get established in the world, but it's basically impossible so no point in playing :(

One thing they definitely should fix, before adding more stuff, are the zombies ability to walk through objects, doors, etc. I mean they are zombies.....not ghosts.

The whole tent issue should also be fixed, they should stay in the game, so the players who are trying to survive as long as possible can make a small base of operations, to stash equipment/food/medics.

It should still be loot-able, but perhaps letting the players booby-trap the tents to avoid intruders

One thing they definitely should fix, before adding more stuff, are the zombies ability to walk through objects, doors, etc. I mean they are zombies.....not ghosts.

That's a limitation of the game engine, may be something they can resolve for the standalone but it won't be fixed for the mod.

Vehicle's not working right chopper was crashed 14 days ago still no chopper and ural and a few other vehicle's blew up and are not spawning .. And way to get this fixed ??

Edited by uK_Mac

By far, the most stable of all versions. But, if only the ammo in my backpack saves when I log back on. Otherwise, kudos to Rocket and the team.

most of the guys i play with have all but stopped playing until the tents are fixed properly. The fuel issue we can get around but after wasting a whole night looting and filling up tents only to wake up next morning and find them empty makes you think what is the point in playing for now.

Just want a proper tent fix and il be a happy man

Yep, my clan stopped playing it about 10 days ago. We feel we did everything we could in the game and now there was no more challenge (or point) since we can't improve the camp and already have top gear. Well, let's wait for the famous standalone.

But, sincerely, the way the players are being treated, I might not be so enthusiastic (as I was before) to enter a deal with mr. Rocket. Too many broken expectations (I refer to bad communication mostly).

But, sincerely, the way the players are being treated, I might not be so enthusiastic (as I was before) to enter a deal with mr. Rocket. Too many broken expectations (I refer to bad communication mostly).

Think of any other game that's in closed alpha, instead of open alpha. Do we get daily updates with information regarding the developing process? Weekly updates? Monthly updates? Oh yeah, we get 2 or 3 screenshot a month, and a couple of teaser trailers along the way until it's released. IF we are lucky. Let's thank DayZ Dev Team is so involved with its community at this state of development. And we even get to test the updates, broken or not.

No offense intended, but I think people are spoiled by the rate of updates in early alpha, and are now asking too much.