rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

- found 2 tents, placed them, put some stuff inside, Saved. (1 tent from store, 1 from wooden house)

- 1 tent saved, 1 did not (tent which didnt save just wont save any objects

- artifacts from berezino bridge gone and from cities too.

- new artifacts I never had before from wirefence now show up, can sometimes be flushed tho (not always)

- vehicles save fine but even if fully repaired & fuelled up, (ATV, hatchback, uaz....) after server restart the fuell is empty

Can anyone confirm that destroyed tents are gone for good? I've hit 2 camps with hacked weapons(ammo crate contents) yesterday and I dont want to do it all over again and again.

Old tents seem to be working, I just placed a new tent and put in most of my gear, saved it. Put in the rest of the gear in an old tent, saved it.

Logged off and waited for the server to restart, log back on: New tent was completely empty (ie. did NOT work) my old tent however had all the items I put there in it - still.

Edited by fisk

How about that lovely bug that spawns you on the beach half the time you spawn on a server?

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Stop server hopping and you will stop spawning at the beach.

This is what ive experienced.

- Tents save correctly.

- Vehicles save correctly.

- Artifacts are gone (never had one since this update).

- When Debug monitor enabled the thirst, hunger and all those icons will have a green overlay.

All in all I think the update was great! Really nice work dev team :D

• Like 1

I experienced a tent being there for a couple of restarts, then disappearing completely. I pitched a tent thursday evening and fill it with stuff. I got myself killed by glitch saturday on logging in. I reclaim my corpse, put new stuff in the tent. Don't play yesterday, and today the tent has gone poof. Is the expiration of dead mens tents lowered that drastically?

Agree. At first I was like: "look at those lame copycats". But now I realize they probably made a game less buggy and more functional than dayz will ever be.

Well, its not even functionality I was talking about. I was talking about the attitude of the developer. Breaks something vital, then tells users to deal with it, that's pretty low. He could've at least said something like "sorry for the inconvenience, we will have this working as soon as possible". But I've established rocket is a duche bag after that comment...

It's not a bug, it's a feature. Stop server hopping and you will stop spawning at the beach.

There are perfectly legitimate reasons for server hopping. I refuse to believe this is a feature.

- Hackers

- Night-time (Don't get me wrong, playing at night is awesome, but if you don't have NVG's / themal, you know some fucker is watching you with his TWS and you'd be stupid to stay in that situation.)

- Framerate

- Hackers

- Friends not being able to connect

etc.

Oh look another patch that fixes a few problems and causes a hundred fucking more!Rocket mate this standalone is gonna prove very difficult for you to achieve.

The point is that it's called "debug monitor", but it does really contains information that must be read/known during the game. In example your blood-level... you have no way to know your real blood level when playing the night, and sometime neither during the day (because of the lighting). Forcing ppl to make transfusions or eating continuously to be sure to regain a full blood level, is just ridiculous.

So they half fixed the glitches (apparently only from dead bodies, but not from barbwire), but introduced new bugs that are going to heavily impact on the game play... that's because instead of release just an hotfix touching ONLY the dead soldiers issue, they wanted to manage with many other things.

A hotfix is just that: a hot fix to resolve a showstopper, not a damn attemp to do many different things and then introduce other new bugs. That's why this patch is a step back, and that's why im still with 1.7.2.5 on private hive (where they had some brain to resolve ONLY the glitches).

• Like 1

Attempts to put items inside the backpack without enough space should give the player a message showing that he has no space, instead of destroying the item (This is happening when you try to pick items on the floor putting them directly inside the backpack, or even when you try to swap items from your inventory to the backpack).

Items dropped on the floor are disappearing, most of the time.

Barbed wire is still causing graphic glitches.

Bandit skin made my backpack disappear, putting a coyote patrol pack in it's place.

That's all i found so far, most of these bugs that i mentioned are in the game for a while, not a specific 1.7.2.6 problem, but they are bugs anyway.

Will report again if i find more.

The point is that it's called "debug monitor", but it does really contains information that must be read/known during the game. In example your blood-level... you have no way to know your real blood level when playing the night, and sometime neither during the day (because of the lighting). Forcing ppl to make transfusions or eating continuously to be sure to regain a full blood level, is just ridiculous.

Dear sir, that is just bull**** and you know it.

Change the debug to default and you see your blood level fine from the icon or you just must be blind if you dont see your screen changing color, if it goes blurry when you have lower blood and hear your heartbeat. I give you that, at night time it could be harder but sure you can learn to live with that...you know that is why there is the icon atm?

And "debug", its for seeking errors as debugging... its for things like does shots register correctly (damage), headshots, kills etc... not because you need to know how large your e-penis is.

I can confirm these fixes.

latest updates on beta patch and dayz, same with the server.

1. Tents(all of them, old and new) and vehicles save correctly. (only the known fuel bug, so no need to cry about it. Just keep jerry or two in the vehicle as for now)

2. No artifacts from soldies.

3. I can live without the debug monitor just fine. For some poor souls it seems to be overwhelming...

edit:

For the 1000th time. The Cheating.

There is nothing rocket can do it at the moment, its the arma that is too trusting and easy to exploit. Please read before you write that rockets has to do something with it. He cant change the arma engine at the moment, its whole differend story when the standalone comes out!

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 3

Can someone pls tell me, what this update is good for? I still cant play the game because of cheaters... You can bring 100 updates, it wont change the you-cant-play-the-game-problem...

Me and my friend died from cheater hands on this patch.

Rocket cant do not much about the cheater problem. In the DayZ standalone there will be a better cheat protection.

The Patch is great, no more artifacts. Great work rocket ;)

Really, what is wrong with you people?

Nobody said:"Ahhhh, i can't play the game because the monitor doesn't work"... but you have read it here. Maybe something is wrong with you ?

This is an ALPHA! An ALPHA needs to be tested! Testers need all the information they can get!

So, if the "monitor", it doesn't matter how it is called, will work besides the indicators in the future...or something similar...it would be great.

i will have the choice to use more informations or not!

Thats not "crying or wining"...that's my opinion!

Change the debug to default and you see your blood level fine from the icon or you just must be blind if you dont see your screen changing color, if it goes blurry when you have lower blood and hear your heartbeat. I give you that, at night time it could be harder but sure you can learn to live with that...you know that is why there is the icon atm?

And "debug", its for seeking errors as debugging... its for things like does shots register correctly (damage), headshots, kills etc... not because you need to know how large your e-penis is.

I can confirm these fixes.

latest updates on beta patch and dayz, same with the server.

1. Tents(all of them, old and new) and vehicles save correctly. (only the known fuel bug, so no need to cry about it. Just keep jerry or two in the vehicle as for now)

2. No artifacts from soldies.

3. I can live without the debug monitor just fine. For some poor souls it seems to be overwhelming...

edit:

For the 1000th time. The Cheating.

There is nothing rocket can do it at the moment, its the arma that is too trusting and easy to exploit. Please read before you write that rockets has to do something with it. He cant change the arma engine at the moment, its whole differend story when the standalone comes out!

Yeah, vehicles saving is great... when your server has vehicles (all servers with instance ID's on 1.7.2.6 of over 10,000 are not so lucky my friend :( )

The graphics glitches are fixed to a 80-90% which is great. Cars etc. are back and so are tents great. Can't play with debug screen and still see ur hunger, thirst, etc. Make it unplayable period. Step back in my option will stay on 1.7.2.5.

What makes it unplayable?

Again, the inability to see ur hunger, thirst, cold meters while using the debug screen. They stay full even if ur dieing from hunger. Ucant see the white cross in blood when bleeding ether. So far me and all my allies have this problem on every server we tried.

Nobody said:"Ahhhh, i can't play the game because the monitor doesn't work"... but you have read it here. Maybe something is wrong with you ?

This is an ALPHA! An ALPHA needs to be tested! Testers need all the information they can get!

So, if the "monitor", it doesn't matter how it is called, will work besides the indicators in the future...or something similar...it would be great.

i will have the choice to use more informations or not!

Thats not "crying or wining"...that's my opinion!

Really, I quoted one for you that I was refering. few pages back, clearly stating that is unplayable ^^

Maybe not so much about me now, someone else needs to check few posts back?

What do you think, how many people here uses the monitor for debugging? I would say that not so many, there woudnt be so much "opinions" from it.. at least not with this tone that has been seen.

What if rocket has decided that enough information regarding those stats has been collected and there is no need for them anymore, just speculating...

I bet almost everyone uses it only to gain some what advantage, seeing if people are at towns etc, did you get kill without needing to confirm it your self and so on.

I dont mind if there is something like that outside of the game, like in bf3 that you can check your stats online (updates @ every logout)... not so that you can gain someting "unfair" from that information ingame.

Edited by Zeppa

I'm staying here only because I'm hoping that rocket will once release a normal patch. But there is no miracle, and his hands don't get more straight. The more I play, the more broken the game is. I started playing when it was 1.6.0.1 and I liked it. Now this seems like an endless circle. Fix-break, fix-break, fix-break. I'm waiting for both WarZ and DayZ standalones - the first because I want to see the gameplay and decide if its worth playing, and the second to see if the tons of bugs and hackers are gone. Sorry, rocket, but I dunno how your coder's skills are and will you be able to release and maintain the standalone. I know development is hard. I know this is an alpha (shut up dumb asses). You need time? Yeah, community can wait. We waited this hotfix longer than any other, and what?

Aw, shit, what I'm talking about. No one reads these posts. Everyone just sends people like for a long journey, because "this is alpha" "rocket is god" "if you dont want to play the game dont play" "you are an idiot" etc.

Sorry for my English.

When i click on Torrent File (Full Install) and them click on the file it downloads, i get a notice that windows cannot open this file. Any ideas? Thanks.

You must started playing the game today, or you have no idea how it works.

Change the debug to default and you see your blood level fine from the icon

It's not accurate at all: you can have almost a b/w vision with 10800 blood and have a colour one with 8000 blood (yes i did my tests), also you cannot see any difference at night. I'm bored of repeating the same shit in every message because ppl like you are are not capable of following a thread.

Those informations are essential for the gameplay, and they put them WRONGLY in a window calling it "debug monitor", so it's just an excuse, they are not optionals, they are needed: nor the zeds spawned.. but the damn blood level and humanity.

I'm staying here only because I'm hoping that rocket will once release a normal patch. But there is no miracle, and his hands don't get more straight. The more I play, the more broken the game is. I started playing when it was 1.6.0.1 and I liked it. Now this seems like an endless circle. Fix-break, fix-break, fix-break. I'm waiting for both WarZ and DayZ standalones - the first because I want to see the gameplay and decide if its worth playing, and the second to see if the tons of bugs and hackers are gone. Sorry, rocket, but I dunno how your coder's skills are and will you be able to release and maintain the standalone. I know development is hard. I know this is an alpha (shut up dumb asses). You need time? Yeah, community can wait. We waited this hotfix longer than any other, and what?

Aw, shit, what I'm talking about. No one reads these posts. Everyone just sends people like for a long journey, because "this is alpha" "rocket is god" "if you dont want to play the game dont play" "you are an idiot" etc.

Sorry for my English.

I seem to remember Rocket saying it will get MUCH worse before it gets any better...

Sorry for my English.

Incoming "IT'S ALPHA" posts, 12 o'clock. Be ready.

And yeah, i hope the standalone is close, because lots of people are getting tired of all the bugs and glitches.

Game is pretty playable at this stage, but it lacks stuff to do, at least for me.

• Like 2

You must started playing the game today, or you have no idea how it works.

It's not accurate at all: you can have almost a b/w vision with 10800 blood and have a colour one with 8000 blood (yes i did my tests), also you cannot see any difference at night. I'm bored of repeating the same shit in every message because ppl like you are are not capable of following a thread.

Those informations are essential for the gameplay, and they put them WRONGLY in a window calling it "debug monitor", so it's just an excuse, they are not optionals, they are needed: nor the zeds spawned.. but the damn blood level and humanity.

Then sir, Im sorry if you have that kind of bug.

I personally have never had that kind of problem, neighter have my friends... that it woudnt be accurate. And have to say that I havent even seen topic about anyone complaining about that kind of bug.

And Just in curiosity, why do you need to know your humanity, specially now when there is only 3 states?

I would agree that the "blood icon" could be "scaled" from 0-100, that its goes "empty" when loose blood... like glass of water or someting, you know what I mean. But you can be fine just with the screen changes and sounds.

Dislike this update.

The main reason is that I lost artifacting in 1.7.2.5, after this update it came back:(

I love how people frame their posts with "don't tell me it's an alpha", and then proceed to describe all the qualities of an alpha

• Like 4

my tents are still not saving is this also like the vehicles with ids over 10000 or am i just very unlucky or someone ran it over ?