mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

if its possible that by removing a fence with a kit, it would also save its state, keep them

otherwise - remove until a solution to that problem is found

Unless it can be set to have the same effect for zombies as well as players then yea, get rid of it, it's just a pain in the ass, and to be honest it has been used more for a 'griefing' tool than anything else.

Such as placing it at the base of a stair, when you try to step over it, it breaks your leg.

Or just for putting up around known 'good loot' buildings.

yeah, be gone with it

I vote YES to remove it, but ever since I saw this post I set out to see if it was truly difficult (I wasn't going to give up after a minute of trying)

I had run into barbed wire countless times, and since there wasn't any immediate removal I would just give up. Some time after this I realized that you could remove it, and I happened to run into barbed wire protecting a hacker's camp. After a long ten minutes of seeing the Remove Wire (CAT1) message and then having it vanish, I finally realized where the message was coming from.

It's no secret, but to people who are having trouble, please read this:

Step 1. Make sure you have a toolbox

Step 2. Locate the metal bars that support the barbed wire (the 2 bars in the center work best)

Step 3. Look straight at them. You can either aim down sights, look at the bottom of the bar in first person, or put your hipfire aimer on them in third person.

Step 4. After being prompted with the message, click remove. Shazam, wire is gone.

I have tested this many many times and have succeeded every time. Now I can run around and remove wire for the sake of fresh spawns, and it feels good to know that you can remove this unavoidable griefing tool. I used to remove barb wire in 5 minutes, now I do it in 5 seconds (if the spot is being troublesome)

Hope this helps anyone for the time being!

Yes. It needs to be fixed. As it stands, it is currently used more or less only for griefing. IE...completely blocking entrances to firehouses, etc. Perhaps you should be able to prone/crawl underneath it. That way its still passable, but at a slow rate.

Prone UNDER barbed wire? How about jumping over, lol.

I vote YES to remove it, but ever since I saw this post I set out to see if it was truly difficult (I wasn't going to give up after a minute of trying)

I had run into barbed wire countless times, and since there wasn't any immediate removal I would just give up. Some time after this I realized that you could remove it, and I happened to run into barbed wire protecting a hacker's camp. After a long ten minutes of seeing the Remove Wire (CAT1) message and then having it vanish, I finally realized where the message was coming from.

It's no secret, but to people who are having trouble, please read this:

Step 1. Make sure you have a toolbox

Step 2. Locate the metal bars that support the barbed wire (the 2 bars in the center work best)

Step 3. Look straight at them. You can either aim down sights, look at the bottom of the bar in first person, or put your hipfire aimer on them in third person.

Step 4. After being prompted with the message, click remove. Shazam, wire is gone.

I have tested this many many times and have succeeded every time. Now I can run around and remove wire for the sake of fresh spawns, and it feels good to know that you can remove this unavoidable griefing tool. I used to remove barb wire in 5 minutes, now I do it in 5 seconds (if the spot is being troublesome)

Hope this helps anyone for the time being!

And on a server that restarts 2-4 times a day and its right back.

Wire can still cause graphic artifacts, still does nothing to zombies, and still is respawned on server reset regardless of player removal or destruction. So other than trolling actual players why is it still in the mod at all?

• Like 1

As the title suggests. You only have a couple of hours :)

You see date? They lied. About month passed and topic still pinned. What do they do? Giving interviews?

Don't remove it, it's very good feature as you can build amazing fence with it to defend your tent so it much like looks like real base :P

I have no problems with sandbags, but barbwire can just be downright annoying, espeshilly when people block off a whole building or something. But I still think that you should keep it. Maybe just make it vault-able. Or even put a small gap underneath and you can crawl/roll under it.

All you need to do really is make barbed wire, and tank traps only deploy-able if you have a toolbox, and sandbags only deploy-able with the entrenching tool, and also rework the code so you can't place them indoors and it would be fine.

Also make it so they can't be placed / clipped into walls / the ground / floors / etc etc, so they are always completely visible so you can remove them with a toolbox (or entrenching tool for sandbags) easier.

Edited by poisonman

This is why Barbed wire should be removed intill hackers are removed from the game.

No barded wire is useful. me and my friends used it to block 3 of 4 entrances of the fire station and when bandits came we knew were they would enter from and killed them. it's useful if used properly

Until better fortification, barricading and general base/settlement mechanisms are built into the game it's mostly useless and only serves to annoy. No one carries it or goes out to scavenge for it, they just find it in warehouses and use it 'cos it's there.

Agrees on the topic of getting rid of it until we can build all out fortresses out of buildings we feel are strategic.

Even with tools, they are so finnicky to get rid of and I found that if they block like Firehouses, they seem impossible to get rid of unless you server hop to get inside them. Mostly asshats use them to be obnoxious right now.

Yes. W%$^S always put them in front of firehouses IN ELECKREONOVIOSADSK. Players in ELECKREONOVIOSADSK generally don't have TOOLBOXES

Thank you

If it stopped zombies I would have said no. As it is, it's just a greifing tool used by arseholes.

This

Wrong thread, so I moved it. :)

Edited by Zimtok5

Remove it please. As has been mentioned it causes too many issues currently.

Jeez this thread is *still* going? I suspect that by now, everything that can be said has been said. Just sayin'...

• Like 1