mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

I think it should say in the game, but only if it doens't come back when removed/server restarted. Someone went wild on our server with it and always comes back when removed and the server restarts.

We use it to baracade our vehicles from theft by respawned players but it doesn't do much for asset protection if your geared up and want to steal our vehicles.

We need better base/fortification gear, when you have a large membered clan it is esential to be able to fortify and protect those assests.

I think remove the glitch where they respawn after server restart and more snadbags spawns...come on I haven't seen sand bags in game ever! except when I come across a set up sandbag wall which I dismantle but can retain.

Edited by Saber

so dont have a go at rocket for it

Oh ok :wacko: ... I'll blame Mr Squiggle..............

i dont see you making a mod like this.....

Thats as retarded as saying "you haven't been to the moon so what would you know about it" :rolleyes:

Or me say wtf do you know and shut yer mouth till you've had to admin servers, spent hours spectating in game chasing and banning kids, replying to hundreds of tearing post on your forums etc etc etc... like I have.

Simple equation.... Shit loads of scripters in dayz that are able to spawn limitless numbers of anything + persistent griefing tools (wire + tank traps) = Ruined server.

1 script kiddy can ruin numerous servers in a very short amount of time which can't be undone as dayz devs DO NOT relpy to requests to wipe servers...

And you can't grasp the problem mate!?

How hard is it to remove a very broken feature (that doesn't serve much purpose anyway), fix it at your leisure and reimplement it.

Edited by i76

Remove them, at present they are useless. Zombies walk through them and players change server to go around. I have never been in a situation where a wire fence has served any real purpose

got lazy to answer so i quoted that logical answer

. why developper are asking us questions when they know the answer. ask us something that is really important for the future of this game.

are you fucking kidding us? is this topic a bad joke ?

i'm so tired of the direction this game is taking... i quit playing hoping i would see nice improvements and only thing i see is questions like this.

there is no debate about barbed wire you really think us (the players) are that stupid ? is this a way for us to think Oh WOW THOSE GUYS SO COOL THEY GIVE US THE CHOICE..... fuck this shit , and yes ban me if you dare.

someone that wont give you his 15$ in few month. im sick of beeing taken for a monkey because you guys know what is really important and what is bullshit.

this is bullshit. ask us something important. as you think im a monkey i'll spent 15$ on bananas.

peace.

Edited by Shuggoth

As a server administrator, sandbags and wire are highly abused by hackers and are used as a tool to destroy the server. Yes it should be removed but also substituted with shorter time periods of lasting. IE 6 Hours

only issue i have with them is its freaking hard to lock onto them to dismantle them. aside from that they dont bother me. :rolleyes:

Pros: Keep your campsite safe from people who don't have a toolbox to remove it.

Cons: Noobs pot it in front of buildings so you cant enter them, hackers place barbed wire around cities to stop people from going in.

• Like 1

for the love of god KILL THE BARB-WIRE!

The sandbags are cool but the barb-wire sends me totally nuts when everything is blocked up and I cant find a toolbox for hours just to get some basic loot... normally getting myself shot unarmed cause I never had a chance to get some weapons, :(

It you must keep the barb wire quadruple the numbers of toolboxes to give new guys a chance ... and fix the weird graphic issues that seam to come with it... oh and the wire returning even after its cleared...

Stop whining and find a toolbox. I used barbed wire to fortify an active outpost in a dense urban area, though it is enter-able and not completely blocked off. Also most vehicles can knock it down. Wire that is, my outpost is better than that.

Edited by Krobar

Stop whining and find a toolbox. I used barbed wire to fortify an active outpost in a dense urban area, though it is enter-able and not completely blocked off. Also most vehicles can knock it down. Wire that is, my outpost is better than that.

Only problem is, the barbwire appears in the same spot next restart.

Pros: Keep your campsite safe from people who don't have a toolbox to remove it.

Cons: Noobs pot it in front of buildings so you cant enter them, hackers place barbed wire around cities to stop people from going in.

but if someone really wanted to get into your tent city they would just server hop to a server without barb wire, mosey on in and then relog, just like that idiots wheel clamp idea for cars this only deters an honest man, at any given time on any server I'd bet theres more barb wired used to grief then there is used to protect peoples camps.

• Like 1

If you can't make it so that removing it is permanent then GET RID of the useless crap.

• Like 2

YES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES