mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Yes.

I presume this won't mean the removal of sandbags or tank traps.

Barbed wire is some of the things that pulls this game down. No really use for it but blocking fire stations etc . Its annoying and nothing else not helpfull or usefull.

no!.... Make it where the zombies become crawlers when going through it.

I've only found barb wire to be another trolling device, as I have joined different servers with every fire station, hangar, door, house, and tree to be blocked off. I ended up heading north and dying. Removing them would be fantastic.

I've found barbed wire really annoying and just a general pain in the ass. It doesn't even stop zombies from entering, just human players.

The main use people are using it for is to block off buildings so they can server hop and collect the loot. They block of entrances to buildings on multiple servers then enter the building on another server then start server hoping to collect loot.

As of right now the problems associated with it are far greater than the usefulness. The majority of the people making bases are duping the items.

This topic is still open ._.? Didn't he say we only had a few hours to decide, and this thread was posted September 6th?

My vote is yes, it's the most annoying shit in the game. If you don't want to just remove it, make it easier to take down. I think I speak for everyone when I say no one wants to get out their magnifying glass and search for the molecular fault in the wire that will allow us to use our tools without getting smited by the almighty Wire God.

YES, I'm so tired of spawning and not being able to get any loot because of stupid razor wire blocking EVERYTHING !

We should keep barbwire in the long run , Just work on getting it fixed because i use it all the time it stops players not so much zed's but i think if we can add a dmg effect to it and have actualy stop zombies then its worth keeping around. I use it to set up my camps out in the woods an if someone is running to my tent the have to fight there way through a maze an it gives me time to shoot them in the head before they steal my stuff.

• Like 1

We should keep barbwire in the long run , Just work on getting it fixed because i use it all the time it stops players not so much zed's but i think if we can add a dmg effect to it and have actualy stop zombies then its worth keeping around. I use it to set up my camps out in the woods an if someone is running to my tent the have to fight there way through a maze an it gives me time to shoot them in the head before they steal my stuff.

Just because they're coming towards your tent, doesn't mean that they're going to steal your stuff.

• Like 1

Why would you remove player building? You should make more of it in the real world instead of instances that will ruin the game.

You should just make it so you cannot place it in towns so it's used for fort building with what ever other objects you add into the game that players can make a fort with.

• Like 1

Dont mind barbed wire. just make it so when someone removes it it doesnt come back after server restart.

Just my added two bits to this.

In my opinion, being able to choke off supplies and entrance to buildings is a realistic and fairly viable strategy. You don't want everyone to be able to just walk up, grab a gun, and go around with the ability to shoot you, especially if you plan on staying around in the area.

As it is, razor wire is broken, though, and should be removed for now.

Just a couple suggestions, but perhaps the toolbox spawn would contain wire cutters, and perhaps would allow you to cut through the wires without risking your getting cut by the wires or entangled on them. You could even have the option to repair the cut segments by twisting the wires back together with another tool from the box. It would make toolboxes more valuable, with them being needed for more than car repairs, and wouldn't be unrealistic, as most toolboxes would likely have some implement for cutting wires, and any pair of pliers can twist wires back together.

Say this is implemented, perhaps the action of cutting the wire would make some small noise, not enough to draw zeds in from over a few meters out, but it would carry a bit and other players could tell that you're cutting the wires. You'd also have to stay in one spot, making yourself vulnerable.

Anywho, my opinion.

• Like 1

Removed wire keeps spawning after server restart. If you can fix that keep the wire. If you fail to make it work - remove it completely.

• Like 1

It doesn't nothing but cause graphical bugs and endorse trolling when it can't even be removed.

Yes.