Typheran

My last 4 hours of playing Day-Z

A couple of mates talked me into to playing a little tonight. I haven't played Day-Z for about a week or so because hackers have broken the game so badly it defeats the purpose of playing.

Like most of you, the reason I played Day-Z was the paranoid excitement of running around and trying to survive while collecting gear. I used to run from bush to bush or corner to corner, and hope that someone wasn't waiting to kill you. I loved the adrenalin pumping moments when you are engaged in a intense firefight, and at any minute you 'll win... or lose. Being a survivor (at least to me) was real.. Sometimes I'd help people if I thought they wouldn't kill me... sometimes I shot first. Sometimes my heart would race as I escaped certain death, and other times I would curse my monitor and shake my fists as a well placed ambush sent me to Jesus. No matter how my adventure went I had fun.

All that ended the more that hackers sprang up. At first it was rare, but as time went on it has grown more and more. I would try to mitigate those encounters by instantly aborting and finding a lower pop server. Granted playing on near dead servers took the fun out of playing. It's hard to get excited when only three people are on the server.

As time has gone on more and more hackers have appeared. Let me give you a run down of my last four hours.

Server 1: 10 people.

I went to sniper hill at Elektro to meet up with a buddy. While waiting I see a chopper in the open field next to the power station. looking through the scope of my sniper rifle I could see a guy standing outside it. I take a shot and kill him. 10 seconds later someone shoots at me from behind. All is fair in love and war and I figure if I die it's karma. I turn and see the nameplate of the guy I just killed. 20 meters away from me I shoot and kill him with a lucky shot as bullets bounce all around me. I can see he has an L8 on his body. I check the player list to make sure there is only one player with that name. While confirming that it was the same player he appears in front of me. This time he has a saw. He hits me a few times and I kill him a third time. 10 seconds past between that last time I killed him. I know there is a spawn east of Elektro, but spawning there twice is rare.. spawning and finding a L8 and a SAW in 10 seconds and running back is not possible.

Hurt, I tell my friend to switch servers before the hacker comes back a fourth time. As I log out I don't feel any sort of a rush. Why would I? The guy is obviously hacking. It took no skill to do what he did. Nothing I did could have prevented it. Hiding and running wouldn't save me from a guy that can teleport directly to me. It's sad that someone like that can ambush me twice and die both times. It only goes to show the little amount of skill these people have. I leave with 4k blood.

Server 2: 12 people

Before I can spawn in my friends yells that he is under fire. My teammate was on the island with the lighthouse outside of Elektro. People rarely go there so the fact that someone was there with him was odd (but not impossible). Another teammate announces that he see the attacker and shoots his AS-50. He says he saw the hit but the attacker didn't drop. The teammate under fire unloads on the guy at point blank with his AS-50, but again he doesn't drop. My teammate is killed and the attacker disappears. We leave the server.

Server 3: 10 people.

Me and my 3 teammates log in and are immediately teleported and dropped to our death.

Sarcasm/ on

Wow.. this is getting fun.

I leave.

Server 4: 3 people.

Disgruntled I go to a low-pop server. 3 People. With hackers almost always harassing people on more populated servers I figure I can re-gear abit on a low-pop.

After 15 minutes I actually find another player. He has noob gear like me and seems to be friendly. We run around Elektro for a few minutes before we both just fall down dead. There where 3 fucking people on the server. Really?

I quit.

No point playing this game. Rocket and battle eye have given up on it. The heart racing excitement it used to have is gone. I can't remember how long ago I died to gunfire from a non-hacker. I don't really care when I die to a hacker. It takes zero skill to script. I roll my eyes and try to imagine what a small person it takes to ruin the game for other. When I died to real players before I would be pissed and plot my revenge. Sadly the hackers have stripped that from the game. It's hard to be invested in a terminally flawed game.

• Like 4

i hear what your sayin bro.... best advice i can give is to back off the game until the stand alone comes out... or "the war z" closed beta that ppl will get access to for pre ordering is due out later this month.

Yes it's frustrating at the moment but your also ill informed. They haven't "given up" on this game. You only need to read one recent article or interview to understand this.

Yes it's frustrating at the moment but your also ill informed. They haven't "given up" on this game. You only need to read one recent article or interview to understand this.

^this but in general people tend to be very impatient. I think day z is great for what it is. But i think its pretty obvious that even with promises of better times ahead from interviews and such I think its safe to say that day-z has hit its "prime" as it is right now and while im sure its going to have a dedicated following for a long time to come its going to fade from the main bulk of the public's eye unless the stand alone comes sooner rather then later.

Ya, last night me and 5 of my friends got teleported 13k meters west of zelegorsk, and 5-10 minutes after dropping everyone in the server from the sky over cherno. One player which still had gear or had just joined told everyone before heading out where we were before logging.

None had and gear and we had no idea where to run, which meant about 1 hour to sit there and die from starvation.

Completely ruined the night for all of us. We'll probably be looking for another game after that, we just don't have enough time between us all to waist it putting up with unabated script kids with the sole purpose of grieving people in life.

BTW, Rocket just posted a tweet (minutes ago) stating that he's going to make a decision today about releasing a hotfix or waiting to release it with the impending patch. I guess they haven't given up on it just yet then...

BTW, Rocket just posted a tweet (minutes ago) stating that he's going to make a decision today about releasing a hotfix or waiting to release it with the impending patch. I guess they haven't given up on it just yet then...

What do you think? Should he release it now or release it with .3?

I'd personally rather wait to make sure it's done properly. As the forum is full of QQ threads at the moment I'm worried they'll rush it out to try and calm people down.

• Like 1

Play lingor island, active admits minus the official rules means hackers are permanent banned quick. Been playing high population servers for four days now and not a single hacking incident.

haha I'm ill informed? The game is broken. Over the last few months it has gotten WORSE.. not better. Update after update has failed to stem the tide of hackers in this game. There are MORE hackers in the game then a month ago. You, or Rocket can post what ever you want, but the truth is there has yet to be real progress in stablizing the gameplay. NW, Balota, Berinzino, Cherno, Stary all have huge video glitches. No one goes there anymore. Duping and hacking are so common that most people don't even look for downed choppers anymore. Broken tents pump out new gear each server reset, so everyone has endgame hard to get gear. Hacker weapons like thermal AS-50s are more common then low end sniper rifles. People hangout near the coasts because there is no point going inland, unless you are looking for vehicles.

and... we might be getting Dogs in a upcomming patch? LOL. What a total waste of resources and time. This is still called a "Alpha" game (One of the longest alphas I have seen)... you would think fixing any of the above game breaking problems would be more important then adding "dogs". I can make my own end-game fun if the above things are fixed. Dogs would be great down the road.

I thank you for replying, but I disagree with you. I think I am very well informed.

Play lingor island, active admits minus the official rules means hackers are permanent banned quick. Been playing high population servers for four days now and not a single hacking incident.

I just downloaded this tonight. Haven't played it yet. Less hackers huh? hmmm

Thanks I'll try it.

The biggest probblem with lingor is it's all private, so there is vast admin abuse. Unless anyone can recommend a good server...?

Edited by noreaster

haha I'm ill informed? The game is broken. Over the last few months it has gotten WORSE.. not better. Update after update has failed to stem the tide of hackers in this game. There are MORE hackers in the game then a month ago. You, or Rocket can post what ever you want, but the truth is there has yet to be real progress in stablizing the gameplay. NW, Balota, Berinzino, Cherno, Stary all have huge video glitches. No one goes there anymore. Duping and hacking are so common that most people don't even look for downed choppers anymore. Broken tents pump out new gear each server reset, so everyone has endgame hard to get gear. Hacker weapons like thermal AS-50s are more common then low end sniper rifles. People hangout near the coasts because there is no point going inland, unless you are looking for vehicles.

and... we might be getting Dogs in a upcomming patch? LOL. What a total waste of resources and time. This is still called a "Alpha" game (One of the longest alphas I have seen)... you would think fixing any of the above game breaking problems would be more important then adding "dogs". I can make my own end-game fun if the above things are fixed. Dogs would be great down the road.

I thank you for replying, but I disagree with you. I think I am very well informed.

When I said you were ill informed I was referring to your comment about them giving up on the game/mod. It's pretty obvious that this isn't the case.

The biggest probblem with lingor is it's all private, so there is vast admin abuse. Unless anyone can recommend a good server...?

You talk out of your rear. You are making this up. I have played it for weeks and the admins are nothing but players trying to have a good time. I have seen zero abuse.

Rather obviously not well informed. Being that none of the patches ever released were aimed at stopping hacking.

Longest alpha you've seen? Dude you know shit. Oh you think you are well informed, but that statement shows you are nothing more then a blow hard. Longest alpha? It's been a few effing months!

This is still called a "Alpha" game (One of the longest alphas I have seen).

5 months is the longest Alpha you've seen?

You haven't seen a lot of game alphas then.

You are, indeed, ill informed. You are very unaware of the reasons scripting is so easy in this MOD. ArmA2 was designed to accept these scripts. It was not designed to be a persistent world survival apocalypse MMO. What you are playing was not made to be anything more than an experiment and to function like the many other mods that were made for ArmA2.

As well, tools have been released to aide server admins to combat the scripting. There are 2 particular servers I play on regularly and the only scripting related activity I've seen on those 2 servers are the announcements of a global ban issued to someone who attempted to execute a script.

5 months is the longest Alpha you've seen?

You haven't seen a lot of game alphas then.

You are, indeed, ill informed. You are very unaware of the reasons scripting is so easy in this MOD. ArmA2 was designed to accept these scripts. It was not designed to be a persistent world survival apocalypse MMO. What you are playing was not made to be anything more than an experiment and to function like the many other mods that were made for ArmA2.

As well, tools have been released to aide server admins to combat the scripting. There are 2 particular servers I play on regularly and the only scripting related activity I've seen on those 2 servers are the announcements of a global ban issued to someone who attempted to execute a script.

hahah what kind of backwoods, made in a closet games do you play?

If a game is in alpha this long there is usually reasonable progress.

People bust me up.