Sign in to follow this  
Bizmal

Roaming super zombie/beast

Zombies are cool and simple. add 1 rare zombie/something undead. Here's what Im thinking.

1 zombie beast. Bigger & faster. Roams the entire map, avoids towns and cites. Hunts players from a far bigger range then a normal zombie. Announces its presence at a distance via a massive roar. Give it an unfair advantage health/damage. Keeps the players loot.

Imagine being off in the woods near night fall alone and hearing that roar.

Edited by Bizmal
  • Like 3

Would you care to script it?

Sarcasm aside, i'd like to see this in the standalone

Edited by Shy Guy Sterlok

Picture providing overwatch for a friend looting cherno, all the sudden you hear a roar.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!"

"ITS RAMPAGING THROUGH THE STREET!"

Person 1 has been killed

Person 2 has been killed

Im not sure I want Resident Evil type beasties, but perhaps something like STALKER to spice things up... a few AI based human opponents. Perhaps an element of rogue military that has no tolerance for zombies OR humans of any sort. These folks would be focused on killing zombies, but would assume that any humans in the vicinity of zombies would be infected and as a result, become a target for said military types. Proper skins would make these folks different from other player types. They could have varying degrees of competence and equipment so that if a player is lucky enough to kill one, they be rewarded appropriately

• Like 1

Nemesis?

Not sure if the idea of a super zombie fits into Day Z. The Zeds, after all, are only infected people that have pretty much gone psycho crazy.

I suppose you could have massive east european men (or women) who are 7 foot tall and built like brick shithouses. Like that HUGE russian boxer Valuev. It would take a few rounds to bring that beast down.

this is an almost exact representation of the L4D tank, please don't bring this kind of thing to Dayz

• Like 3

I would rather see standard wild animals before any ai people or super beasts. In fact i would hope we dont see any sort of super beast or military/other people ai :)

• Like 1

Just put bears in the stand alone. Running into a bear, in the middle of the woods, and at night would be a pretty deadly situation. If darkness is relatively the same, being unable to localize a position of a bear in the woods could be trouble. Bears are fast, strong and aggressive. It's realistic and fits the game.

Edited by Lights Out
  • Like 1

bears, beasts, a bit of unpradictability, give it to me! you got my beans friend.