boogiemanfl

Basically done with this game for now. Sadly, it's just a slow paced deathmatch.

He's right guys' date=' murder and manslaughter are the same things... oh wait....

The reason the bandit system didnt work is because the game currently cannot detect the difference between murder and manslaughter/self defence. This wouldnt be policed or punished during a zombie outbreak once law enforcement and goverment bodies are removed from the equation. That doesnt mean that there isn't a difference between murder and manslaughter and there shouldnt be a problem with the game code eventually being able to tell the difference.[/quote']

Wait, what? Are you arguing that - wait, let me compose myself - that the game is supposed to tell the difference? And where the hell is manslaughter in all of this? You may as well have put in an argument for Stockholm Syndrome, in as much as it has to do with whatever your brain is saying to you. Since, obviously, anyone picking up a gun and shooting another player is definitely siding with the zeds.

(...if I faceplamed any harder at your last comment, I would have knocked myself unconscious.)

Yes your quite right, lets stick to the very basic and flawed system we have for humanity now, why aspire to improve the system to better detect player activity. Good god am I glad people like you are not running the project.

Also, since you mention it most of the current generation of bandits probably have more in common with the zombies than the survivors anyway. Both loiter around populated areas and both mindless murder survivors on sight. So yeah, well done, you made me feel silly.

P.S Keep facepalming! I have a feeling i'd like you better unconscious strangely enough.

Internet tough guy shit

Your name offends me sir' date=' nothing funny about dead babies

[/quote']

I thought it was a reference to a certain Borderlands DLC.

Then that DLC I also find highly offensive and should be banned in all freedom loving countries. Dead babies are nothing to joke about. My wife had a dead baby once. I can never look at a coat hangar the same...

I still suffer greatly from this. My feelings are important.

Internet tough guy shit

[/quote']

Then that DLC I also find highly offensive and should be banned in all freedom loving countries. Dead babies are nothing to joke about. My wife had a dead baby once. I can never look at a coat hangar the same...

No one likes you, go away.

Internet tough guy shit

[/quote']

with punctuation:

Zed's Dead, Baby

Waiting for this post to be removed/deleted/locked etc...

Pretty sure I read a sticky somewhere stating that all (other) PvP discussion threads would be deleted.

Your name offends me sir' date=' nothing funny about dead babies[/quote']

I so totally disagree.

Q: Why did the baby fall out of the tree?

A: It was dead.

Q: How do you get a bunch of dead babies out of the back of a pickup truck?

A: With a pitchfork.

Need I go on?

This is why your not admin material. :)

No one likes you' date=' go away.

[/quote']

Please Ma'am, try to stay on topic. Consider the OP's feelings please.

If you were a server admin my friend ' date=' I would totally make a fail troll thread about how you should be blacklisted for being sosooffensive

[/quote']

My thread was completely serious, im not the type to troll.

Waiting for this post to be removed/deleted/locked etc...

Pretty sure I read a sticky somewhere stating that all (other) PvP discussion threads would be deleted.

Leave us alone.

This thread content is new, and fresh, and hasn't been discussed over 87 pages in another thread about bandit skins.

More insight, please.

This thread content is new' date=' and fresh, and hasn't been discussed over 87 pages in another thread about bandit skins.

More insight, please.

[/quote']

If I never bothered to read these terrible whine threads before this one. Can it still be new and fresh to me? Don't you fucking ruin this for me.

This is why your not admin material. :)

"You're".

YOU ARE

This thread is starting to feel like a conversation with http://cleverbot.com/

Wait' date=' a total reversal?

I thought he said he was not?

So confused. Am I admin material???

[hr']

This thread content is new' date=' and fresh, and hasn't been discussed over 87 pages in another thread about bandit skins.

More insight, please.

[/quote']

If I never bothered to read these terrible whine threads before this one. Can it still be new and fresh to me? Don't you fucking ruin this for me.

SUFFER!!!

POSTS FOR THE POST GOD!!!

Basically done with this thread for now. Sadly, it's just a slow paced trollfest.

0.jpg

1.7.1 Screenshot... To tempt you to change your mind valued Alpha tester and OP.

So many complain about dayz turning into a DM and yeah if you play alone thats what its going to be like. But i have seen people meet up together and actually form a little group. But alot of people tend to prey on the tears of others in video games and dayz shines in it.

I really don't see how you would like to see rocket go about with this. The bandit skin had some points to it since people could identify those shooting everything that moves... The problem with it really was that people that were playing as a bandit could probably care less about it since they already going to assume people will shoot them.

There are already many reasons to be with a group and help others but the simple truth is that alot of people don't like to play with strangers especially when these strangers can stab you in the back anytime they feel like it.

One thing i do a bit agree on is the traveling time but using/making a smaller maps is not going to make the deathmatch issue go away, hell it will probably make it even worse since people will run into each other quicker.

The problem i see is that is that dayz is trying to be realistic allthough some aspect are kinda off, to name one for instance would be that humans can go without food for quite some time and i am not talking about a few hours. But going after every single thing that does not accurately reflect RL would be stupid it is a game after all. However with that being said because its a game and people should be able to enjoy as that. Now dayz does call out to a large group of people that have wanted a game like this and i think its rockets idea to reach out to these people. I personally would love to see a few things that would make the game a bit less tedious in some parts but i am happy as it is now.

Anyway take a break and come back in a few weeks/months and see what the game has turned into. Allthough i have a feeling it wont be getting any easier since rocket really seems to have a goal in mind and making a casual game/mod seems not to be the goal. But who knows maybe he will adjust thing here and there so its more appealing to the masses.

Greetz Solid

Arguing about being admin material probably is a good indication that you are not. Something to keep in mind.

-MisinformedBadGuy

Does arguing that someone else isn't, when that person said they never tried or wanted to create some kind of post-space disturbance??

I felt the way that the OP feels, a few weeks ago, actually.

I just changed up my game and I'm having a great time playing.

So many complain about dayz turning into a DM and yeah if you play alone thats what its going to be like.

That's not my experience, when i left the game we were ten, with 3 of us playing regularry hours per day. We ended to do nothing else than hunting other players for fun, killing em, and without even risking our loot.. because if one of us got killed the other were defending his backup to be recovered minutes after. It was so damn easy and unrealistic (where with "unrealistic" i mean literally far from the real life, and like a videogame) that we got bored soon after, we all left with full loot.. nor because we died.

This is what's the game is now, you have 3 players type:

1) The smart lonewolf: he lives in the forest, he never have any contact with anyone else, he can stay there forever... but he'll get bored before (unless he's a nerd.. lol);

2) The jihad player: he start to shot as soon he spawn, he shoot at anyone, and he repeat the process probably 50 times per day.. because he thinks: who cares? I can respawn forever.. and with a pistol, let's use IT!!! He dies so many times that he'll get bored soon enough.

3) The uber clan member: arma veteran with many friends, teamspeak, they are almost unbeatable.. you may kill one, two.. you can't kill 10 (or more) of them. They basically own any server they join... but again, it's so easy that they get bored in a while.

As you can see.. whenever you play it, you'll get bored. What you can do to save the game? Offer the user interaction .. something that is completely missing now.

That's what *I* think.. it's not that i pretend to be 100% right.. this is what *I* see, and that's why i left the game waiting for better days.