Bash Arkin

Why do YOU kill in DayZ?

Honestly, 9 out of 10 i play DayZ when i'm upset about something, and this is when you think i'm a sociopath. I like to ruin other peoples dayz to make my day better. But, for all of you, why do you kill in DayZ? other then the obvious one, for the loot.

Basically, if you're not a member of my group...you're getting harvested. I assume everyone thinks the same. Are there any people left who don't just shoot others on sight?

I shot a guy a day or two ago because he was looting something next to my teammate and probably would have shot him after he got geared up. My guy's a noob...but I don't let my group get shot at if I can help it.

Basically, if you're not a member of my group...you're getting harvested. I assume everyone thinks the same. Are there any people left who don't just shoot others on sight?

I shot a guy a day or two ago because he was looting something next to my teammate and probably would have shot him after he got geared up. My guy's a noob...but I don't let my group get shot at if I can help it.

I try to at least give people a fear warning, unless i', on the hunt

and then i make it so obvious that if they fall in to a ambush, they should die.

Are there any people left who don't just shoot others on sight?
Yes, if i spot someone at a distance, I just avoid them.

If I spot someone up close, I tell them to move along, and make sure they do. If that doesn't work, I'll fire a warning shot with my loudest gun, then escape amidst the zombie chaos. If that doesn't work, then I'll kill in self defence. If I'm shot at, I'll run, hide or fight, in that order, depending on which of them is feasible.

I've survived a long time following these rules, and am fully stocked up with food, water, medicine, and plenty of ammo for my glock and M4... You don't need to be a sociopath to survive.

Edited by ActionMan
  • Like 1

I hate the community. I like the tears in game and on the forums.

Weird place for you to be then poopy.

To remove the gear of assholes like you two.

Dawh were you talking about me (Double post no edit on phone) you hurt my tiny little troll feelings.

i dont kill unless i am on the warpath (only bandits).

Edited by Post Hoc

Took a break from DayZ for a month now, but I am one of the players that never ever started a firefight, because I think this "shoot on sight" mentality kills a lot of the games fun.

I will be back when my new machine arrives and i can play the game with more than 15-20 fps ;-)

i dont kill unless i am on the warpath.

Define warpath?

When you run in to Eletro and catch a bullet between the eyes? :3

to make kids on the Dayz forum cry

edit: and so i can have epic videos of me killing them in style

Edited by Buffjesus

I don't kill XD Ever. I've never fired on a player, even one that was a few meters away unable to see me yet.

edit: and so i can have epic videos of me killing them in style

This, win. That is all.

Bandits, and bandits only.

Unless someone shoots at me first, then I kill them. But the only people I KoS is bandits.

• Like 1

I don't kill. I think Ive killed like 3 people. First kill was just to pop the cherry. The other two were while I was playing with a clan and we went around killing anyone we seen. But I mostly play lone wolf. I can only recall about 2-3 times where I have been killed by a legitimite bandit, every other death has been from hackers.

People play multiplayer games that have guns because they have learned to enjoy shooting those guns at other people. The gaming industry has been banking billions of dollars, all the while training us to enjoy shooting each other for enjoyment, and we've been well trained indeed.

What I don't understand is why so many people are confused about why someone shot at them...

I kill bandits, or if someone doesn't seem friendly. Usually they drop their gun when I tell them I have a sniper in the bushes aimed at him, and he'll die no matter what. People believe me, since I've got an AS50, and they don't think I fuck around. If they don't drop it and they look at me with their gun, I kill them

Edited by Dr.Dinosaur

Took a break from DayZ for a month now, but I am one of the players that never ever started a firefight, because I think this "shoot on sight" mentality kills a lot of the games fun.

I will be back when my new machine arrives and i can play the game with more than 15-20 fps ;-)

+1

Haven't killed another player yet. I enjoy the rare occasions when you come across someone, and you end up forming a temporary bond and travelling together, helping each other survive and sharing tips and stuff. that's when this game is at its best.

I kill for fun. Killing zombies gives zero rush whatsoever, I live for PvP in any game I play, including this one.

• Like 1

Honestly, 9 out of 10 i play DayZ when i'm upset about something, and this is when you think i'm a sociopath. I like to ruin other peoples dayz to make my day better. But, for all of you, why do you kill in DayZ? other then the obvious one, for the loot.

Not going to flame you, because it's just a video game and you can play it how you want, but I'm curious, how does ruining people's days make your day better? For the comedic value? What aspect of it do you enjoy?

Are there any people left who don't just shoot others on sight?

I've neither killed another player nor even fired a shot at one. From a gameplay perspective I don't see any need to.

I had a good oportunity last night but decided to move on

People play multiplayer games that have guns because they have learned to enjoy shooting those guns at other people. The gaming industry has been banking billions of dollars, all the while training us to enjoy shooting each other for enjoyment, and we've been well trained indeed.

So what does this mean? Are many people simply incapable of thinking outside of 'have gun must shoot people' or is it that they want to shoot people and migrate to any game where that's an option? Obviously there's a distinct lack of content in game so no doubt some are doing it just for something to do.