Sign in to follow this  
dekret

Additional forum functions/rules

I do like to have additional forum functions and rules for the DayZ forum to make interaction between community members easier and the work for forum moderatos less irritating.

Functions

Report function for closing threads and thread derailing.

Right now we only can report advertisement, spam and abuse. Adding a "close thread" option prevents thread necromancy for e.g. suggestions that are confirmed by the DayZ team. "Thread derailing" is kinda obvious, preventing shitposting.

Edit: Solved

... (will be added later on)

Rules

In the subforum "DayZ Suggestions"

Only one suggestion per thread. I see people throwing a bunch of suggestions in one big letter which is not bad at all. However, massive amounts of suggestions in one thread make the discussion go out of hand or even off-topic. The one-suggestion/thread rule also makes the search of already existing suggestions easier, prevents repeating suggestions and the moderators can keep track of the current progress one suggestion is making.

In the subforum "DayZ Suggestions"

Stickies for approved suggestions or suggestions WIP.

Suggestions to the topic appreciated. If you want something to change, throw it in here.

You do realize the "Report" function has a text field for you to give a reason for the report?

You do realize the "Report" function has a text field for you to give a reason for the report?

'You should only report posts that are spam' date=' advertising messages, or abuse.[/quote']

Using the text field in the report function emphasizes the user to write down one of the aspects mentioned above. Since an "Report for closing a thread"-entry is missing it will give the user the awkward feeling of abusing the report function since he's reporting something that is not listed in the parameters of this function.

Adding some new elements in the tooltip of the report function clarifiies propper use and gets rid of hesitation some users might have when reporting.

Well' date=' darailing and necromancy [i']are abuse, aren't they? ;)

I thought about the details for a while. Yep, you're right. Fixed entry post.

All what's left in this debate are subforum rules now.

It'd be nice to see all user info that is currently at the top lifted to the left side and have all post content be 90% of the right side.

I also do not see the purpose of signatures. They feel very 1990-ish and are, for me, just annoying. Personalization is done by username and avatar.