harken (DayZ)

aimbot or uber skills?

Has anyone else come across players using aimbots?I don’t really know much about hacks etc, but I’m pretty sure I got shot by someone using some kind of aim assist. I’d logged in 400m from my clans base (we use the factory near Dolina).I was prone in the shade next to bush, wearing a ghillie suit.As soon as I logged in I scoped out the factory and sure enough there was someone in there running away from me behind a wall.2 seconds later he leans out and instantly takes a shot with one hit kills me.

Now, I try not to cry hacks, but getting a shot on a prone person at 400m that quickly from behind cover when I’d only just logged in seems fairly suspect.

Any thoughts?

I guess it depends what gun he was using? I think people are way too quick to cry hacker sometimes (I know your not). I once did a similar thing to someone else. I was using the FN FAL and got shot at in some woods. I ran like a loony because I wasn't sure where he fired from. I turned and shot and by sheer fluke hit him straight in the head with one shot. I bet he thought I was a hacker but these things happen sometimes.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

A good sniper.

youre being an asshat posting they were a good sniper.

To the Op, if you had just logged in and had made no movement or indication of position and the target you were watching turned and fired on you most likely they were running a script. If thats how it went down...now if you had licked a shot...all bets are off.

ive seen 2 aimbotters before

one on lingor

and one on regular

flying our chopper way above elektro bullet flies in and takes me out. they pick me up at krutoy cap and we start flying to kamenka. all of a sudden another guy drops out of the chopper over cherno, and we can hear the bullets flying past us ( his aimbot couldnt account for the choppers fast movement at that distance). finally make it to over 1000m in the air above kamenka (you cant see above like 300m from the ground) and were still hearing bullets fly past us as we go forward (guy's teleporting along the ground and shooting behind us).

but for you prob not. just a lucky headshot

• Like 1

That's Sgt. Asshat to you grunt!

I've been accused of hacking once, then I dropped the axe.

To the Op, if you had just logged in and had made no movement or indication of position and the target you were watching turned and fired on you most likely they were running a script. If thats how it went down...now if you had licked a shot...all bets are off.

And you are an asshat for calling others asshats for saying something that is completely possible.

When you spawn into the world, your character is standing up. Always. The character then disappears for a split second and appears prone(Edit; In this specific case. The character always disappears and re-appears in the stance you logged off in.), which is when you start seeing the world.

Even if he was hugging a tree while he logged in, it's completely possible that the person who shot him had noticed him log in.

Why is this not surprising to me? Because I've had a person log in right in front of me when I was looting a store, which ended up in his death, AND another time in a church. The person I shot in the church as soon as he turned to face me called me a hacker in Side-Chat, but after I explained what happened, they calmed down.

Now, start accepting the fact that there are good snipers in ARMA 2 or go back to your AAA FPS games.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

Keep in mind that your character shows up on the server while it says "setup completed, please wait" for you - And during that time, you're not prone. So if the guy happened to be looking your way then, he might've spotted you a lot sooner than you think.

I don't even think there are any aimbots for this game yet; at least not publicly available. probably because it would require an awful lot more effort to code due to bullet drop, zeroing, bullet speed and various other things.

What "Dancing Russian Man" said, if you play with your clan you should know that your character flashes like a mad man before you can see anything even hiding in a tree you stand out...he prob just saw you and took a lucky shot :)

And you are an asshat for calling others asshats for saying something that is completely possible.

When you spawn into the world, your character is standing up. Always. The character then disappears for a split second and appears prone(Edit; In this specific case. The character always disappears and re-appears in the stance you logged off in.), which is when you start seeing the world.

Even if he was hugging a tree while he logged in, it's completely possible that the person who shot him had noticed him log in.

Why is this not surprising to me? Because I've had a person log in right in front of me when I was looting a store, which ended up in his death, AND another time in a church. The person I shot in the church as soon as he turned to face me called me a hacker in Side-Chat, but after I explained what happened, they calmed down.

Now, start accepting the fact that there are good snipers in ARMA 2 or go back to your AAA FPS games.

thanks bubba i do just fine sniping i/g

the OP was four hundred meters from a target who was running around doing his own thing not paying any mind to his spot. Im well aware that we spawn into the world in a standing position for 3-5 secs before going back into the position we logged in. Every bit of info the OP has relayed (although minimal) suggessts this player was running a script and didnt just catch a glimpse of a player standing 400m away

thanks bubba i do just fine sniping i/g

the OP was four hundred meters from a target who was running around doing his own thing not paying any mind to his spot. Im well aware that we spawn into the world in a standing position for 3-5 secs before going back into the position we logged in. Every bit of info the OP has relayed (although minimal) suggessts this player was running a script and didnt just catch a glimpse of a player standing 400m away

"guy was running to cover then pops out and shoots me"

how in any way does that suggest hacks lol

I’d logged in 400m from my clans base (we use the factory near Dolina).I was prone in the shade next to bush, wearing a ghillie suit.As soon as I logged in I scoped out the factory and sure enough there was someone in there running away from me behind a wall.2 seconds later he leans out and instantly takes a shot with one hit kills me.

Don't twist the OP's words.

What he describes sounds a lot like "Shit, someone's logging in. I need to hide and take better aim at him."

If you kill someone while they're loading in, you'll get the infamous "X was killed. (friendly fire)" and then they re-appear alive, just like they normally would. The shooter very likely knew this, or was just really cautious.

And, I assume that the server had third-person enabled, and that, ladies and gentlemen, means that he could've been safely peeking behind the wall at him in third person, moved to first person, side-stepped, scoped in, and shot. It really doesn't take more than 2-4 seconds to do properly.

I suppose what surprised me was how quickly he took the shot from leaning out behind cover. Keep in mind he'd just moved into cover so it wasn't a care of him lining up the shot of where I was and then only needing to lean out and fire, he didn't have the time or space. It appeared to me like he didn't aim at all, that was how quick his shot was.

I'm not crying hacker though, we've all had lucky shots...it just seemed slightly suspect.

Thanks for the responses, I'd forgotten about the standing up thing at login.

Edited by harken

I was aimbotted once before, he had an MK 48 mod O and instanly headshot me, then my teammate another 100m away from me. I was about 400-500m away from him crouched behind cover. I also know he was a hacker because he just crashed a helicopter and had an SUV.

Edited by MuchHigher

Buffjesus gets beans for his team trolling the crap out of a script kiddy.