rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

IS it currently updating or what's going on? anyone know?

Will it be up today? very excited!

He said in this thread:

E3 soaked up all my time. I flew back into Czech Republic yesterday' date=' but my bag got lost on the flight. I'll have more info this week but expect an update mid to late during this week.[/i']

So unless they made great progress since. I doubt it will be today.

Rough outline of what to expect in the pending update.

I will update this as more stuff is put in. Changelog will then follow it.

Performance and Optimization

- Reduction/elimination of the new server lag. This is caused by the ArmA2 server expecting immediate response from the central server. Vehicles are the main cause of this' date=' as whenever they are damaged everything stops while the server ensures this is recorded in the database.

- Bugs fixed that were possibly causing very significant netcode overhead (will need mass-scale testing to verify this).

[b']Infected Behavior

- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.

- Entirely new mocap'd attack and running animations

Content

- Additional Idle Infected sounds

- Revised Attack sounds

- Many new action sounds, including IV, bandaging etc...

Notes

- This update will REQUIRE the beta patch, so it is worth installing this now and getting used to it.

- Read up at the BI Forums about the beta patch install. It's pretty easy.

Would this include the JIP patches that dwarden has made?

He also patchfixed a few things in the hive/server.pbo to increase performance and cut out error messages :)

I love dwarden for this ;)

More performance is never bad. I use it since first version without an issue.

I love you Rocket ! ... but.. no homo..

what is this with the no homo urge.. nobody carse nobody knows you. i find it jeust very irritating and self defending without any reason.

homophobic much?

So what's mocap... and why is the Roman numeral IV in the notes?

It's not roman numerals, he means IV (Intravenus) or however its spelt. As in blood transfusion sounds are changed.

So what's mocap

Motion Capture' date=' so the animations of the zombies look better.

[/quote']

Hmmm, how does it work? Is there a video or something?

And thanks!

(I guess I will keep going and ask again in a page or so.)

Traditional motion capture works like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMSnEVhdFas

The guy in the black suit has white markers attached to him at key points that the computer tracks the position of then stores this as an animation.

But the kinect and simialr tech now allows it without all that gubbins.

like this

On the left is what the kinect sees and on the right its applied to an in game model.

I love you Rocket ! ... but.. no homo..

what is this with the no homo urge.. nobody carse nobody knows you. i find it jeust very irritating and self defending without any reason.

homophobic much?

Its called a "Joke" and got a little "Hype" via the internet. But next time.. i just gonna say "<3 u Rocket". So nobody gets irritated...

Rotoscoping is a very oldschool method of mocap, though it's more of an image digitizing method (digitizing the silhouette of an object, not the 3D positions of the joints)

Rotoscoping is a very oldschool method of mocap' date=' though it's more of an image digitizing method (digitizing the silhouette of an object, not the 3D positions of the joints)

[/quote']

Lol what?

what in the hell does all this crap have to do with a patch? why dont you guys have your private discussions on skype so you can actually show it to each other and stay on topic here. there is no reason to have 17 freaken pages of this crap in one day. really makes reading most of this forum about a game unreadable and a waste of time.

I hope the bandit skin comes back! PLEEEASE! On that note hopefully skins will be fixed, relogging into the middle of the ocean is not cool.

Can't wait for this update! Just throwing my alpha-testing 2 cents in; other things I'd like to see addressed:

- Toolboxes still not spawning

- Player character models not diverse/recognizable enough from each other

- Zombie pathing too erratic (they want to eat you, zig zagging behind you is weird)

- Zombie aggro sounds too quiet still (should be more terrifyingly loud)

- Players are way, way too quiet over the direct voice chat. Seriously, holy crap I can barely hear any of you even with the VON/microphone and radio sliders all the way up. I can hear a zombie purring from 50m away clear as day, but a somebody yelling right at me face to face sounds like a muffled cellphone call, not on speakerphone, 20 yards away, in another room, smothered by a pillow.