Nwoswat

Hiding bodies a Dick move?

It is okay to hide bodies once they have been looted of all usable tools, weakass crap doesn't count grow some balls and get some more

I usually only hide bodies if they're on an upper floor of a building, say the school in Elektro. Mainly because the bodies sink to the lower floor's ceiling. Head fuck

I never hide the bodies of randoms I kill. I do hide the bodies of electro and cherno snipers, once I have refilled my AS150/M107 ammo, that is.

I never hide bodies, I take what I take and leave rest for other players. If I ever see even freshspawn hiding body, I go and shoot him... I can't stand that action. It's really unprofessional and cruel even more cruel than being shoot on sight murderer... But Day Z standalone hopefully fix this problem when they allow it to be like in reallife.. So you can drag body but can't hide it. This makes fights amazingly tactical and makes game again more realistic.

Only exception is if enemy is hacker and have high tier weapons because of that or he has illegal weapon such as AS50 TWS or G36 SD

Edited by Kalle^

If I don't hide the body, that just leaves gear and potentially weapons, there for other players to use against me.

I don't feel bad about hiding bodies

It's called permadeath. If you don't like it I think Hello Kitty Adventure Island still has a few servers up.

Hiding bodies should be more common. Being able to loot your own body shouldn't be happening. I don't hide bodies very often though because I don't want to risk a 50 cal to the face, or toe for that matter.

It's called permadeath. If you don't like it I think Hello Kitty Adventure Island still has a few servers up.

WTF are you talking about? Hello Kitty does not approve! That game is only for the hardest of the hard man! DayZ is a cakewalk compared to the happy fun claw maw and saw time of HKAI. Sheee punk ass mofo don't dis the Kitty!

^ ^

>(o.-)<

"Hide body" needs to be taken out of this game.

Think about it in real life terms. What are you going to do, just make a peson's body disappear? Are you going to melt down his gear so nobody else can take it?

It makes no sense. This game is supposed to be realistic. You can't just make bodies disappear in real life.

^ a 1000 times this!

it needs either to be removed completely OR (which i would prefer) it should take an entrenching tool and several minutes to complete.

i really hope they change the hide body mechanic in the final.

Edited by Broter

I do agree with the removal of "hiding" the dead bodies, I would prefer dragging the body into a bush as to make it harder for the owner to find it.

Hiding a body isn't a dick move as it makes a passerby aware that someone just passed through the area and would make their trigger finger more sensitive and them more paranoid.

At the moment, there is no weapon depreciation in the game. The better weapons will be kept in circulation and become more common, regardless of duping and being scripted in.

Hiding bodies is one of the few legitimate ways to remove weapons from the game. If I'm already geared and have taken what I need, I'll usually hide the body, heck, I even hide bodies I stumble across and haven't killed. I also use my backpack to "eat" weapons I've found to deny them to others.

I thought I was the only asshole feeding the bag of holding all the weapons I don't want/can't carry. heatpacks, tincans, flares, empty bottles are always left behind, anything else vanishes into my backpack, or gets stuffed on a corpse and hidden.

I never hide bodies, I take what I take and leave rest for other players. If I ever see even freshspawn hiding body, I go and shoot him... I can't stand that action. It's really unprofessional and cruel even more cruel than being shoot on sight murderer... But Day Z standalone hopefully fix this problem when they allow it to be like in reallife.. So you can drag body but can't hide it. This makes fights amazingly tactical and makes game again more realistic.

Unprofessional? UNPROFESSIONAL? All these survivors are supposed to be professional? Professional what?

These survivors live on a diet largely composed of canned beans and soda. Do you really think that's realistic?

Sprinting for hours solid without breaks?

Eating entire bottles of painkillers to calm the shakes?

Rebuilding cars, trucks and helicopters without any training or tools?

Utilizing every weapon system on hand proficiently from the moment they are picked up?

Cloud cover always rolling the same direction?

Infected forgetting about you because you've stepped onto a dock, or ran through a covered driveway?

Mending broken limbs with morphine?

Survivors all with the inborn ability to perform a field blood transfusion?

Cars exploding because they ran into a bush?

Roadflares collapsing buildings?

Tin cans breaking your legs when tossed?

Taking 5-6 .45acp to the chest and walking away from it?

4 crossbow bolts taking up the same amount of space as an entire m249 canister?

Pistol mags magically refilling just because you've decided to use them in a revolver, but then changed your mind?

People vanishing into thin air because they heard a gunshot?

People vanishing and reappearing on your flank during a firefight?

Teleporting through walls to climb ladders.

Yeah man, "hiding" a corpse totally ruins the realism. You fucking nailed it.

Edited by KrystoferRobin
  • Like 5

I'f there are any duped or hacked weapons I destroy the items and loot their body. Then ofc. I hide it so that nobody can access it anymore. Bandits, survivors and dead bambis, everything. I don't want to be traced or something while being in the woods...:3

--

I hide every single body. Why? Because people trying to get their stuff back don't play properly.

*Shoots at GIANTDOUCHE*

GIANTDOUCHE Was killed.

*starts advancing towards body*

GIANTDOUCHE was killed.-

GIANTDOUCHE was killed. -- these are where they are trying to respawn as close to their gear as possible.

GIANTDOUCHE was killed. -

I hide every single body. Why? Because people trying to get their stuff back don't play properly.

lol @ 'don't play properly' - thanks for telling us what proper play is.

I don't think hiding should be removed, but I do think it's a dick move. I usually go back and check my body, and I don't expect there to be nvg, weapons etc - whatever that's fine. I check it because I don't feel like having to farm supermarkets for a box of matches, map, compass etc...it's hiding all that shit you don't even want that annoys me.

And yes I go back to check with the expectation there might be a bandit laying in wait.

I have never killed a player but if I run into a body I do hide it, also I hide Zeds when I kill them :(

I hide bodies all the time.

In the sewer grates, deep in the woods, in large black, durable trash bags...

wait, you mean in game?

I want to ask everyone if you kill someone is it a dick move to hide their body? So they can't get their stuff back? I was killed by satchel charge while driving a bus with 3 friends, weren't mad we just laughed at what just happened so I said lets just loot our bodies and get off the server before the hacker can get us again. (Hacker blew up half of Elektro and we saw 18 other satchel charges on different parts of the road, and there's no freaking way a non scripting player can have THAT many satchel charges) any ways we laughed it off and than I was the first out of all 3 of us to get to the blown up bus I had an MK 43 Mod 0, my friend had an M4A1 CCO, and my other friend had a coyote and M107 he took my friends backpack took my gun and hid our bodies and the worst part is he wasn't even a hacker he was just some fucking lucky player that spawned near our bus and looted and hid out bodies like a little bitch. Back to the point is hiding a body a dick move?

P.S we killed him afterwards after he killed me after i respawned and my friend distracting him as he shot him and healed him while my other friend dropped him with a lee Enfield :)

I hide bodies all day. you died. you get to start over.

• Like 2

When I hide bodies, it carries a few messages

1. Your a twat and DESERVED to get your gear removed from you (Usually griefing bandits)

2. It's pointless to let your body become fly food when all of your gear has been taken from ou

3. If it's an unspecific area (Such as the wilderness), I'll have a blast thinking about you trying to find something that isn't there anymore.

4. If it ain't useful to me (Or my buddies), better to be useful to no one.

MAYBE. Just MAYBE, I'll leave the body there.... but I'll be watching it from my sniper scope.

OH YEAH KILLED THE GUY WITH THE SAME GUN LET ME GO REFILE MY AMMO THEN HIDE HIS BODY.

I am Mr.Dick. 8D

i only hide them if they have hacked gear, other than that it's nice to let a fresh spawn raid a camper at elektro's body, he then becomes a challenge later on ;)

Same here derpy!

PS: Where did you get your cool sig? :P

I hide the corpses of everyone I kill. Want your gear back? Go and find more.

Edited by Unholy_Kyono

I don't hide bodies. Day Z is the one game where players are attracted to the bodies of the fallen.

One dead body turns into a pile. >=-D