Sign in to follow this  
timdl

wall of zombies sweeping west-east accross the entire map

To me, Day Z is getting boring... im not scared shitless anymore.. there should be more terrifying events that could even mean the death to the biggest pros in this game

one of my idea's:

http://dayzmod.com/images/gallery/dayz-gallery_p1.jpg

just like this image above, it scares the shit out of me (taken from the main site)

it would be terrifying if you saw a wall of zombies 100-200m wide slowly walking towards elektro and you see all the campers panick and run out of the city

it would also be very fucking terrible if one zombie starts to run after you, they all run after you :)

"the wall of zombies" could just come walk right out of the sea or be spawned and attracted to something very big, so that everyone knows a wall/mob is being formed and commence being scared shitless..

for example like a crashing/landing helicopter, creating a heli crash site with some very sweet loot..

they'd all spawn in a few 100 meter radius, walk to the heli, make horrible group noises and then randomly walk north/east/south/west to form a wall/mob and walk until the end of the map

so even if you see/hear the heli crash, it's damn risky going towards it as a wall of flesh eating mongoloids might be coming your way

most ppl would run, but some pro's would outsmart them and get the damn loot.

thoughts?

• Like 9

Well this would be a good idea but think about it this would make the servers lag maybe rocket will get idea's from this and make it into the full standalone, but it would be fun to see a 100 M of zombies running at my camp it would be like that 28 Days later or weeks later where those military guys are held up at the manor and the zombies are running after them from across the field that would be just awesome

• Like 2

28 Days later or weeks later

sir, we have the same sick taste of apocalypse

also it would be a war at the heli crash site as many ppl would be going towards it, risking their asses... but it's 1/4 chances you hit that wall and 3/4 chances to get to sweet loot... unless someone's waiting for you ^^

i'd definitely be knee-capping survivors to get even a few feet more distance between me & the horde of zombies. . .and i don't kill survivors for fun!

Fantastic Idea!!

Lagfest 2012.

Get your glowsticks ready!

It is a great idea though, I'd bug out if I saw that. And I second shooting a survivor in the knee cap to survive despite never normally killing any.

Edited by Lights Out

I totally agree, as you see in some citys there are churches, and sometimes the bells start going, if the zombie all gather around the church or something and then there might spawn some good loot in it, that would be awsome

Using a gun in a very zombie populated area could bring along a similar effect. However instead of a wave, they would be drawn to the relative location of the shot from all directions with a certain radius.

That wall would not be a wall for long. As they begin to run after each person, there will be large gaping holes to get through without being spotted.

Then yno, you could hide in a building or on a roof when they walk by.

There's lots of posts about hoards of zombie numbering in the hundreds. I like the idea but don't expect to see it in the mod, it will most likely be in the standalone

• Like 1

been quite a few suggestions of 'hoards' or 'mobs' of zombies walking around the map, like some people have already said it will most likely be included in the standalone

The kind of experience i am hoping for is similar to the episode of The Walking Dead how they are all stuck on the highway and a mob of zombies walk past

That would be awesome!! Every survivor, bandit and camper in Electro would have to scurry into a building to avoid the mod, and they wouldnt be able to kill each other as it would attract the zombies!

Rocket mentioned making zombies stronger and faster, but not increasing the amounts of them, if anything making less in rural towns, possibly more in urban areas like berezino, cherno, elektro etc. While huge amounts might be terrifying, the way zombies are now it just wouldnt be challenging to me.

*Throws flare out in the distance.. Get's on roof with automatic. Gun down as many zombies as I can till ammo runs out.*

Well.. that was fun.. *Logs out* :P

Too theatrical. Where are these zombies going? There's no rationale for them to form a wall and start shuffling down the street like a certain music video.

Haha I just imagined running into a bunch of zombies in elektro doing the thriller dance.

Lagfest 2012.

Your a real downer, aren't yah? (JK)