Kalle Karhu

Roaming zombie hordes.

:blush: Sorry for the bad grammar, but English is not my main language and i'm fairly sure that people would just get annoyed/ignore if i typed this in Finnish. :blush:

I would love to see randomly spawning zombie hordes of like 20-50 or even more, just roaming around the countryside/cities.

They would spawn as a group all around the map and move as a group (be it at roads or at woods).

1 example could be a horde of 50-100 military outfitted zombies spawning at NW Airfield and starting to march towards cherno and back.

While another group(ex-civilians so not so well equipped) spawning at Cherno and moving along the main road going across the coast.

They would be attracted by lights/sounds and start to move(at walking speed) towards close by gunfire/lights to "investigate" etc etc...

Also if you happened to be unlucky enough to aggro this kinda hordes alone you would have close to NO CHANCE of surviving simply because of the numbers they are moving in.

*Also every kill the horde did could add +1 zombie to the horde just for the increased horror effect of having horde alive for longer periods of time*

You could add weapons(hanging on straps or something) and ammo/other equipment to them since they used to be soldiers/civilians in a big "gathering" before they got to be a massive meal for a zombie horde that happened to overrun them.

Would also give clans/bigger groups of survivors working together a fine challenge to hunt them down.

They could also be able to rip you'r vehicles to pieces if they managed to overrun one.

:huh: :huh: :huh: Any thoughts about something like this? :huh: :huh: :huh:

• Like 2

There have been some suggestions about this. I do like the idea, although I'm curious about the technical feasibility.

The real problem is that zombies are too dumb. You can crawl in an open field full of zombies and they won't see you. Change that and it will be much harder to loot a barn.

Actually having something like roaming zombies all over the map should be doable. Look at the Urban Patrol Script or F2 for example.

Hopefully this makes it into the mod.

The real problem is that zombies are too dumb. You can crawl in an open field full of zombies and they won't see you. Change that and it will be much harder to loot a barn.

Personally I don't want to see this feature because of its dangers, but just for its sheer awesomeness. Just having to stop and wait for them to pass, awesome!

Best thing would be to be in some building for too long, and just as you leave you face the horde.

*pisses pants just by talking about it

I would love that!

Can't imagine the heartpoundig excitement when you are accidentally crossing their lines and you have to lay down while they are all walking past you...

This would also provide some kind of challenge some crazy guys could look forward to.

Could also make it so that EVERYTIME a survivor/bandit gets killed a zombie is added to a roaming horde.

Also the horde would make so much noise that you would shit your pants if you were inside a building and they walked past it.

I agree. This would make the north a much more exciting place to be. At the moment, most players are down south and there are only small towns up north realy. A huge roaming horde or several huge roaming hordes would be a great addition. Its too safe up north, so much space so little to do.

technical feasibility aside. I'd love to see this. Like straight out of Walking Dead....or Jurassic Park

Looks like they're flocking this way... I say it could either be a random migration or large zombie heards naturally travel to areas with the most dense human population.

A large enough horde, their collective moans should carry quite far. At least then players have an early enough warning to gtfo.

i think this would be a great idea, get some of the hill campers to get up and move at some point, gives big groups of people something to do. or even get a whole server to decide to come at it from all angles.

Common threat

Hordes of zombies = Bringing people together

i think this would be a great idea' date=' get some of the hill campers to get up and move at some point, gives big groups of people something to do. or even get a whole server to decide to come at it from all angles.

Common threat

Hordes of zombies = Bringing people together

[/quote']

Sounds so romantic. I guess it would give groups something to do. Like if a horde is occupying a town a group of people can task themselves with reclaiming it for humans. Kind of like those methods written about in the Zombie Survival Guide, which sound fun. Particularly those that involve vehicles.

I really like this idea. It would add more variety to zombie behavior and that is a good thing. Right now, the zombies strike me as a bit onedimensional in their behavior, mostly just standing around in settled areas or close to loot points.

And also there should be possibility to clean towns from zombies.

That is you kill all of them in town and can be safe for a period of time.

but when a number of zombies in the town becomes less than say 50% of normal value

a horde of them spawns in 1 or 2 kilometers away and start to move slowly into town.

so this way survivors can cooperate and clean and defend towns, like in RL )

love the idea how ewer the hordes should only travel and aggro at walking pace so you could outrun them if you are in an open area

Edited by Rijiii

I have seriously only seen about ten zombies.

I've seen & heard just as many players.

I like this idea.
a thought on zombi behaviour in general: if a zombi sees a zombi moving with purpose it starts following set zombi.

Personaly I prefer 28 Weeks Later style hordes. Extremely fast. Docile until they spot you. If they spot you they start screaming and sprinting at you. But only around 10-20 else it would be extremely heft on performance