Raged

Wilderness Survival Aspects

the above comment has loads of weird stuff because i was typing on playstation 3

the above comment has loads of weird stuff because i was typing on playstation 3

Research?! This isn't school damnit!

But seriously, yes I should, but these were just examples. I'm sure if the idea is adopted it'll obviously suit the setting.

I like the idea of skinning animals and making clothes. It would be useful if your stuck in the wilderness with no warm clothing and my character would look badass in a wolf pelt with a really long beard!

• Like 1

Cannibals could wear the bones of their victims as armor while using pointed sections of bone for spear/arrowheads or even some sort of crude sword!

Edited by Erathon

Cannibals could wear the bones of their victims as armor while using pointed sections of bone for spear/arrowheads or even some sort of crude sword!

I like it, but I see that as a mod of the standalone :P

Yea farming would be a tough thing to impliment, but possable. Seeing as horses will be implemented we could pretty easily do this. Basiclly my idea is to add a plow, whatever spreads seed, and a hand sythe to spawn list. You would first cut the trees down, then plow it, then probably w/ a tool similar to the plow you would spread the seeds. This would make it so you would need 4 very uncommon items, horse, plow, seeds, and a devise to spread the seeds. Then maybe after 60 days, assuming this isn't winter, you would be able to harvest the wheat/ corn w/ a sythe, but other foods would just be hand picked at a much slower rate. If done like this it could probably eleminate all but the powerful clans from farming.

Then once you had a successful harvest you could save it, eat it, or feed it to your animals. For animals you would need adults of both genders, a rather large supply of hay, and a wooden/ metal fence to contain them. Once again only those who are cooperating w/ the plant farmers would be able to domesticate animals on the large scale.

Both of these could be protected by a pack of domesticated dogs, but that would not be enough. For true protection farmers would have to pay a protection tax to the local clan, and be able to keep the wolf population in check. Hopefully the paragraphs help this seem less confusing.

It should take at least a minute, if not a minute and a half to cut down trees. Although this would prevent spamming of tree cutting, it would also make it more of a challenge to build the house, and make the player value the house more. Also, fire should propogate, but not past a 50 meter (maybe even a 20 meter) radius and it should be fairly hard to light a fire with just a match (Maybe a 1/4 chance it will light?)

1 minute? if we are looking to realism it would be 20, but that would be game breaking, i say 5-15 minutes depending on tree thickness.

I don't see farming as a viable option only due to the day by day nature of the game. Though admittedly if you have a character survive all through harvest, I wouldn't be against you reaping what you sow.

Edited by Raged

bump. Cause validation pleases me :lol:

Edited by Raged

You should be able to get and Make hunting tools like you could find a tree that forms a Branch item once every so often and this item can be Crafted with Flint (Found near A River of course) to create a Spear that could be used like a weakened hatchet (without cutting trees down) that kills animals fairly quickly but takes ages to kill a guy or a Tomahawk of varying types such as a Stone one that can only kill or cut down Smaller Wood Piles that can be merged into the Wood pile item or turned down into Kindling which can be used to start a Prolonged fire. Or you could get an Iron one that also Skins and takes less time to do the stone one with the added bonus of not breaking which the hunting tools would mostly have giving a Sense of Urgency so if your out in the wild your crossbow/CZ550 and Tomahawk will be your best friends (pistol still could be carried but no more "Cow DIEEEEE" *attracts Man and Zombies* "DIIEEEEEEEE!" *cycle begins until he gets out of there or aborts) instead of your Hatchet of doom and your Revolver/PDW/G17/M1911

• Like 1

To add to the survival aspects... would be pretty cool if there were some parts of the map (maybe extending to another map) that were entirely incapable of reaching on foot. Say you had to climb the face of a mountain requiring climbing gear, lots of rations and water... warm clothing, etc. Might be a lot of things up there such as animals, etc that could be very valuable for trade / or can sustain ones life if they choose to go the mountain man route. Making it yet another risk vs reward element.

However resource gathering is implemented in crafting, some of those resources would only be available in hard to reach areas (multiple areas and randomized so no one group can just camp an area, but if found they can camp/defend it and thus have some control over those resources).

Helicopters would make getting to these areas faster/easier. Depending though, altitude / terrain might prevent them in some areas.

Would be pretty cool I think. Just another aspect of the game that may seem awesome to some but others not interested (but no one is forcing them to go there.)

• Like 1

To add to the survival aspects... would be pretty cool if there were some parts of the map (maybe extending to another map) that were entirely incapable of reaching on foot. Say you had to climb the face of a mountain requiring climbing gear, lots of rations and water... warm clothing, etc. Might be a lot of things up there such as animals, etc that could be very valuable for trade / or can sustain ones life if they choose to go the mountain man route. Making it yet another risk vs reward element.

However resource gathering is implemented in crafting, some of those resources would only be available in hard to reach areas (multiple areas and randomized so no one group can just camp an area, but if found they can camp/defend it and thus have some control over those resources).

Helicopters would make getting to these areas faster/easier. Depending though, altitude / terrain might prevent them in some areas.

Would be pretty cool I think. Just another aspect of the game that may seem awesome to some but others not interested (but no one is forcing them to go there.)

Yes. That's what I say to that.

You should be able to get and Make hunting tools like you could find a tree that forms a Branch item once every so often and this item can be Crafted with Flint (Found near A River of course) to create a Spear that could be used like a weakened hatchet (without cutting trees down) that kills animals fairly quickly but takes ages to kill a guy or a Tomahawk of varying types such as a Stone one that can only kill or cut down Smaller Wood Piles that can be merged into the Wood pile item or turned down into Kindling which can be used to start a Prolonged fire. Or you could get an Iron one that also Skins and takes less time to do the stone one with the added bonus of not breaking which the hunting tools would mostly have giving a Sense of Urgency so if your out in the wild your crossbow/CZ550 and Tomahawk will be your best friends (pistol still could be carried but no more "Cow DIEEEEE" *attracts Man and Zombies* "DIIEEEEEEEE!" *cycle begins until he gets out of there or aborts) instead of your Hatchet of doom and your Revolver/PDW/G17/M1911

this is good too.

I made a thread on the animals running away because of smell, sight and hearing so yes I do agree with OP

Link it. I'm too lazy to go into specifics for his topic.

And believe me, I could.

Link it. I'm too lazy to go into specifics for his topic.

And believe me, I could.

then do it! Not bump it! ;)

• Like 1

I'm up to date on the dev blogs, but has there been any specific mention of the wild life by Rocket for the SA?

• Like 1